Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Can people force you to disconnect?

Damo_Suzuki
2054 posts Fans' Favourite
I was in the semi final of the DKT. I went 4-0 up then the guy seemed to have put his controller down. Then i got a couple of speed up lag moments and it disconnects and gives me the loss. Pretty annoying to say the least as i dont have lots of time today. Is there anything i can do or is it even worth attempting to do anything in terms of reporting it?

Comments

• ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    People can kick you but it's very rare in Daily Knockout/WL as they are on dedicated servers and your opponent will need to know your IP to DDoS it and ultimately kick you and that's not as easy to obtain as it is during a normal p2p (seasons, singles, etc) match.

Check your router logs as see if there is anything there, if may just be your internet playing up.
  • Azz1982
    233 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yes they can do it. Happened to me twice last week. 1st in a final and the second one was my next go of the tournament when i was beating someone 9-1 in the 90th minute he paused twice and then i was kicked from the servers. Contacted EA and they gave me Nacho as compensation.
    Sad but true.
  • SPU004
    1571 posts Play-Off Hero
    I very rarely get disconnects. However, I've had two in the past two weeks when I've been winning and it was playing the exact same TOTS Eredvise team.

I didn't take note of the gamertag but I thought it was unusual that I got two disconnects against the exact same team and 3-4-3 formation...
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    I was in the semi final of the DKT. I went 4-0 up then the guy seemed to have put his controller down. Then i got a couple of speed up lag moments and it disconnects and gives me the loss. Pretty annoying to say the least as i dont have lots of time today. Is there anything i can do or is it even worth attempting to do anything in terms of reporting it?

No point reporting it, I was in similar situation last week and help just fob you off and treat you like ❤️❤️❤️❤️, they will just give you some trouble shooting steps to follow
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    Azz1982 wrote: »
    Yes they can do it. Happened to me twice last week. 1st in a final and the second one was my next go of the tournament when i was beating someone 9-1 in the 90th minute he paused twice and then i was kicked from the servers. Contacted EA and they gave me Nacho as compensation.
    Sad but true.

Lucky you
  • RadioShaq
    15571 posts Moderator
    When it happens contact your isp.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thanks for the responses. I highly doubt it's anything to do with connection. I rarely get disconnects and only do when the servers are obviously struggling. This was too much of a coincidence that he stopped moving his players right after conceding and it disconnected despite being 100% smooth before. Cant be bothered with help they will probably try and send me back here.