The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

The broken Matchmaking ELO System * PIC

SOL1DS
3010 posts National Call-Up
I started the wl quals this morning and came up against these four teams

GAME 1 - I Won 4-2
4e10034c50e8a40e797a5729442d80fd.jpg

GAME 2 - I won 3-1
2b0208b3fad92af8898364e3038f93f6.jpg

GAME 3 > I won 6-2
a92e22f253108682cf15f9db008dce44.jpg

GAME 4 > I lost 3-0 and quit on the 65th min
b6b598f401b223dc5017a6a7ab1d1ce7.jpg


My team is a SERIE A plus 4 tots argentinian silvers with a rating of 83

Comments

  • RadioShaq
    15607 posts Moderator
    It's not for sure if elo is in wl. If it's like seasons though they have said team rating mean nothing.
  • ha032742
    36389 posts Moderator
    ELO doesn't match you against similar teams only players around your ability?
  • Chavez
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    ha032742 wrote: »
    ELO doesn't match you against similar teams only players around your ability?

    this... would be really easy to avoid high teams then
  • SOL1DS
    3010 posts National Call-Up
    i find it unfair

    My stats are around 78% wins this year online.

    I come ONLY up against 87+ rated squads.

    So u guys are telling me that no one with a 84 rated squad has a 70%+ win ratio?

  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    ha032742 wrote: »
    ELO doesn't match you against similar teams only players around your ability?

    This, team rating doesn't mean anything. Just like bronze benching doesn't actually do anything.
  • RadioShaq
    15607 posts Moderator
    This late in the year you are probably going to see a lot of high rated teams. If you win 80 percent of your games your also going to be seeing a lot of good players meaning even less chance they have bad teams. It would be even more unfair for you to get matched like singles and have a good player have to play a bad player while on top having that player have a even or weaker team.
  • ezb33
    569 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 2017
    Elo isnt working well.I always match with random teams/players(skill based) in div 1/2.
  • Team Sam
    2157 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shame on you for quitting in the 65th minute. Plenty of time to mount a comeback or at least improve your skills by learning to counter a better opponent.
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2017
    Team Sam wrote: »
    Shame on you for quitting in the 65th minute. Plenty of time to mount a comeback or at least improve your skills by learning to counter a better opponent.

    At least he was 3-0 down, I got quit on twice in the first half of a match in the daily knockout today, once at 2-0 and in the final when I went 1-0 up.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    ASH32 wrote: »
    Team Sam wrote: »
    Shame on you for quitting in the 65th minute. Plenty of time to mount a comeback or at least improve your skills by learning to counter a better opponent.

    At least he was 3-0 down, I got quit on twice in the first half of a match in the daily knockout today, once at 2-0 and in the final when I went 1-0 up.

    Someone quit on me at 1-0 3 minutes in yesterday rofl
  • aberry1000
    2317 posts Fans' Favourite
    I quit about 10 times soon as I went 1-0 down this weekend even in less than 5 mins in

    I want to get to 18 wins quickly without taking all weekend
  • SeanDCFC
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is not an example of broken matchmaking.
  • JaguarKillz
    1086 posts Professional
    ELO is BS and needs removing, it's never good playing similar quality players always! It's nice to have some casual games from time to time
  • RadioShaq
    15607 posts Moderator
    ELO is BS and needs removing, it's never good playing similar quality players always! It's nice to have some casual games from time to time

    It's not a casual mode though. Why would you have a competitive mode where you play noobs at a pro level.

  • thegabrielNYC
    727 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Still trying to figure out how this example shows the ELO is broken...
    I don't doubt that it's broken as a lot of this game has been broken by EA, just failing to see in the example provided.
    Can anyone explain? :#
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    Still trying to figure out how this example shows the ELO is broken...
    I don't doubt that it's broken as a lot of this game has been broken by EA, just failing to see in the example provided.
    Can anyone explain? :#

    Yeah, not quite following the logic myself
  • Dasco
    6528 posts Big Money Move
    Why are you using silver's this wl out of interest?
  • pudgyfudgy
    6140 posts Big Money Move
    SOL1DS wrote: »

    So u guys are telling me that no one with a 84 rated squad has a 70%+ win ratio?

    You came up against 70%+ win ratio players who didn't bronze bench.
  • SOL1DS
    3010 posts National Call-Up
    Dasco wrote: »
    Why are you using silver's this wl out of interest?

    because i need to play with them and cba on playing online single games with them.

    plus they really make a difference in my squads
  • John_Barnes
    1330 posts Play-Off Hero
    I play those types of team and have a 50-60% win ratio. I'm in div 1 (and I've won it). Some games I win others I get spanked.

    Not sure it's ELO just luck if the of the draw. Just won DKT and every game was easy and straightforward, can't say I enjoyed winning easy.
  • Team Sam
    2157 posts Fans' Favourite
    aberry1000 wrote: »
    I quit about 10 times soon as I went 1-0 down this weekend even in less than 5 mins in

    I want to get to 18 wins quickly without taking all weekend

    Bit pathetic no?

    Surely you have to back yourself to come back from a one goal deficit with nearly the whole match to play.

    Also, perhaps if you played the first of them fully and learnt some techniques, you wouldn't have conceded so soon in the others.
Sign In or Register to comment.