Feeling let down by TOTS.

Dez1888
1152 posts Professional
I had high expectations for TOTS having lots of good SBC's being the first year and all but with what I assume is EA's typical greed (should have known), they have left me feeling like it's probably the worst in a long time.

Don't get me wrong some of the cards are great, just well out of my price range due being in high demand and extremely low supply.

I'd like to hear others thoughts whether you agree or not?

Comments

• Mini_Miudo
    9988 posts Has That Special Something
    I did expect more. Some premium SBCs like the El Sha/Torres/David Luiz ones or something would've been cool. Just league upgrades and TOTW SBCs (who even wants IFs anymore with TOTS coming out? Seems like a stupid timing to release it) is pretty boring.
  • ha032742
    37941 posts Moderator
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    I did expect more. Some premium SBCs like the El Sha/Torres/David Luiz ones or something would've been cool. Just league upgrades and TOTW SBCs (who even wants IFs anymore with TOTS coming out? Seems like a stupid timing to release it) is pretty boring.

Maybe something next week?
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional

Exactly man, plus the cost to do it is high compared to the card packed unless you get very lucky.
    ha032742 wrote: »

Maybe something next week?

Hope you're right, I did buy some high rated cards about 2 months that are still sitting in my club in the off chance they do it.
  • Huxx
    3217 posts National Call-Up
    Still holding an 88 Dzeko, 88 Sokratis and 89 Thiago in the hope of a decent SBC
  • aberry1000
    2336 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bound to be SBC when we get the reward
  • bgp1845
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    did you all forget that if you did the 6 very easy, very cheap SBC's every week they're literally giving you a TOTS player inside a 125k pack?
    and the leage SBC's that had a fairly decent rate of giving out TOTS players? much more so than opening packs.
    and the DKT rewards of absolutely insane players every week?

what more do you want them to give you?

• Mini_Miudo
    9988 posts Has That Special Something
    bgp1845 wrote: »
    did you all forget that if you did the 6 very easy, very cheap SBC's every week they're literally giving you a TOTS player inside a 125k pack?
    and the leage SBC's that had a fairly decent rate of giving out TOTS players? much more so than opening packs.

League SBCs are pure luck, just like opening packs, it's mostly throwing coins away.
    In the 125k pack you're likely going to get a trash TOTS from a trash league.
    DKT rewards are certainly not "insane". The only really good one is Marquinhos, everyone else is average at best, for a TOTS player.

I'd much rather get some insane players that I'm guaranteed to get if I just complete an SBC for a high amount of coins or something. This is trash, especially when they hyped this year's TOTS to be full of SBCs...
  • bgp1845
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2017

League SBCs are pure luck, just like opening packs, it's mostly throwing coins away.
    In the 125k pack you're likely going to get a trash TOTS from a trash league.
    DKT rewards are certainly not "insane". The only really good one is Marquinhos, everyone else is average at best, for a TOTS player.

I'd much rather get some insane players that I'm guaranteed to get if I just complete an SBC for a high amount of coins or something. This is trash, especially when they hyped this year's TOTS to be full of SBCs...

are you serious? haha. you're complaining about them not giving you enough free stuff then when they give you free stuff you complain it's not good enough. it could be like any TOTS prior to last year were they don't give out anything. they're more readily accessible than ever, how are you still whining about not having a good card?

if you could do an SBC to get insane TOTS players then everyone would have them - ceasing it to be special. just like POTM son that everyone and their mother uses.
    they aren't just going to hand out some of the best cards in the game.

i didn't even mention weekend league rewards with all TOTS packs.

there is A LOT to complain about this year, but not being given a chance to get good cards is objectively not one of them.
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional
    @bgp1845 You're obviously very happy with league upgrades and maybe you've been very lucky but generally they're rubbish for most, better than nothing but personally I don't like them.

I appreciate the DKT players and think they're good but if you look at my original post you'll see I'm referencing SBC's! We don't want "free stuff" as you call it... we want high rated players that we have to pay for by buying high rated teams and trading them for players similar to FUT Bday... which in my opinion it was much more exciting than TOTS thus far anyway.
  • bgp1845
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dez1888 wrote: »
    @bgp1845 You're obviously very happy with league upgrades and maybe you've been very lucky but generally they're rubbish for most, better than nothing but personally I don't like them.

I appreciate the DKT players and think they're good but if you look at my original post you'll see I'm referencing SBC's! We don't want "free stuff" as you call it... we want high rated players that we have to pay for by buying high rated teams and trading them for players similar to FUT Bday... which in my opinion it was much more exciting than TOTS thus far anyway.

i literally haven't done a single league upgrade SBC. i just recognize that they did, in fact, give you an SBC where you can get a good card. based on posts on here and reddit if you were to pump the same amount you would into a high end SBC into league upgrades you should come away with something.

also if you have enough coins to be wishing for more FUT birthday type SBCs then you've got enough to try out most TOTS cards. because some of those SBC's cost hundreds of thousands coins - and some into the millions.
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional

i literally haven't done a single league upgrade SBC. i just recognize that they did, in fact, give you an SBC where you can get a good card. based on posts on here and reddit if you were to pump the same amount you would into a high end SBC into league upgrades you should come away with something.

also if you have enough coins to be wishing for more FUT birthday type SBCs then you've got enough to try out most TOTS cards. because some of those SBC's cost hundreds of thousands coins - and some into the millions.

It's all luck based as you know which is probably the reason you've not done any either. You're not guaranteed anything even if you pump in hundreds of thousands, just go and look at the various upgrade threads, people have done 200+ and got nothing of note, others have done 3 and packed a TOTS. I have bad pack luck generally so would rather keep my coins. If you're happy with TOTS so far then great, I on the other hand am not. It may turn out well in the end but so far I had hoped for more.
  • TheMeerkat
    589 posts Sunday League Hero
    Still can't believe there were no SBC TOTS players. If they could do them for FUT Birthday they should've done at least one for each TOTS. I know they're giving out great DKT rewards but an extra SBC wouldn't hurt anyone would it.
  • Moy
    1011 posts Professional
    For the first time in several years I'm not using any Tots players and I'm winning more than ever.
    A few years back I had a full tots side and found I was losing 7 out of 10 games so I came to my conclusion that yes they appear better cards but they seem to screw you over
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional
    Moy wrote: »
    For the first time in several years I'm not using any Tots players and I'm winning more than ever.
    A few years back I had a full tots side and found I was losing 7 out of 10 games so I came to my conclusion that yes they appear better cards but they seem to screw you over

I have to agree that they screw me over too, especially when I use a full team of TOTS players. Even this year with my Liga Nos team, my players seem more sluggish than the NIF's. I find the key for me is to not have too many in the same team.
  • Sandell85
    7619 posts League Winner
    Moy wrote: »

yeah im using nif team, and cant be bother with TOTS players :/ First 10 games with TOTS is fun then the honeymoon is over
  • sxckarma
    3550 posts National Call-Up
    for sure after 8 years of fut...this one had the worst cardweight ever seen in this game.
    being really disappointed too
  • BO0OM
    3727 posts National Call-Up
    They should've done it like in fifa 15 i think, where you could get free 50k packs for playing the offline tournament but instead make an online tournament like the dko to farm some 50k packs :smile:
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    4276 posts National Call-Up
    Been a solid 6/10 for me.

The biggest joke is the TOTS SBCs where we get a free one in July.
  • Waspy
    3885 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2017
    Come on guys! You mean to tell me you're not looking forward to packing an 88 rated TOTS from the 'rest of the world' release in your 125k pack?!? ;-)
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional
    edited June 2017

I appreciate getting a TOTS for virtually nothing but the timing is pretty poor in my opinion. Plus I have a feeling it will be a rubbish TOTS card, all the same it's a good gesture.

I just hoped for some high rated players that didn't make TOTS and a few hard SBC's with some decent packs as a rewards. EA are too greedy to do that thus far though.
    Waspy wrote: »
    Come on guys! You mean to tell me you're not looking forward to packing an 88 rated TOTS from the 'rest of the world' release in your 125k pack?!? ;-)

Haha you're right but it's my own fault for getting my hopes up...should've known better!
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    It's been disappointing. Drop rates very low. As far as the upgrade SBCs I really don't get the attraction. I think untradeable cards are generally fools gold
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    Also when the game is dying why not give something for free that's meaningful.

A free TOTS SB

I appreciate getting a TOTS for virtually nothing but the timing is pretty poor in my opinion. Plus I have a feeling it will be a rubbish TOTS card, all the same it's a good gesture.

I just hoped for some high rated players that didn't make TOTS and a few hard SBC's with some decent packs as a rewards. EA are too greedy to do that thus far though.

Haha you're right but it's my own fault for getting my hopes up...should've known better!

Exactly this !

And i know its nice to have a free TOTS so hard to complain but 90% of them will be no use to anyone..

They could have given us 3 or 4 instead of one..or just let us choose a league we could get a random TOTS from.

• robmays
    948 posts Professional
    And they said it was gonna be "the best tots ever"
  • BO0OM
    3727 posts National Call-Up
    robmays wrote: »
    And they said it was gonna be "the best tots ever"

I think this caused the feeling of an underwhelming tots.. everyone put there expectations high thought we would get a lot of new stuff but in the end it was a normal tots.
  • Moy
    1011 posts Professional
    Been saying this to a mate of mine, I'm looking forward to getting some LB from the MLS that won't fit in even if I used a jumbo shoehorn

• CovLee_Candice
    4528 posts National Call-Up
    Tbh the most exciting period of this game is when christmast sbc and fut birthday hit. Tots is so meh especially why the hell they close the fut champs so early. No poin of playing fut champs anymore
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    Tbh the most exciting period of this game is when christmast sbc and fut birthday hit. Tots is so meh especially why the hell they close the fut champs so early. No poin of playing fut champs anymore

theyre closing fut champs?
  • Bvegas
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm bummed that my TOTS players feel and act no different than non rare golds due to delay/lag or whatever else it is
  • robmays
    948 posts Professional

Probably after tots
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    robmays wrote: »

Probably after tots

if they did then TOTS is actually pointless ..