The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

The refereeing is just, wow.

JGCramp
1387 posts Professional
I've played 20 matches now this weekend league and I've been awarded 1 free kick and 0 penalties. In 20 matches!! Amazing stuff.

In almost every match I get the ball in my defensive end and someone slides in violently, knocking out my player, who then just sits there on the ground while my opponent takes the ball and often scores or gets a good chance on net. Or as I'm bringing the ball up through midfield - or trying to pass - some defender will just be allowed truck through my player without making any effort to play the ball. Obstruction and shirt pulling are never called. And then out of nowhere, the ref will blow the whistle because one of your players breathed on an opponent.

I've always known the refereeing is awful and I've complained about it a lot. But until I played in the weekend league I never truly appreciated how outrageously awful it really is in this game.

I'm not mad and didn't post this to start a complaint thread. It's more to laugh it off and say I really don't know how so many of you do it every week with how erratic, inconsistent, and downright bad this game can play at times. I have a perverse respect for all of you how play the many of or the full 40 matches every weekend.

Comments

• fluffymnuffy
    12771 posts Has That Special Something
    Another quality thread from you
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    edited June 2017

@fluffymnuffy there's no need to be snarky. My apologies if you do not approve. I'm honestly not being cynical or sarcastic. Sometimes after a match I just post what's on my mind. Later on I often realize it wasn't worth the effort.

BTW would you argue the refereeing is on point in this game? I don't care either way but just curious.
  • fluffymnuffy
    JGCramp wrote: »

@fluffymnuffy there's no need to be snarky. My apologies if you do not approve. I'm honestly not being cynical or sarcastic. Sometimes after a match I just post what's on my mind. Later on I often realize it wasn't worth the effort.

BTW would you argue the refereeing is on point in this game? I don't care either way but just curious.

Lol just look at your threads
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional

Believe me, I trust you. Like I wrote, sometimes I just post stuff before I've had time to think about it.
  • fluffymnuffy

Believe me, I trust you. Like I wrote, sometimes I just post stuff before I've had time to think about it.

Then don't
  • Frankenberry
    10215 posts Has That Special Something

The referring in this game is not that bad. Probably the best foul system in any FIFA ever.
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional

Then don't

Alright there, ace. I'll keep take that under advisement.
  • nathanjaffe23
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    bro this game is trash.

1- people over use tackling by chasing you half way of the field; you can see how often they pull your shirt until they commit a foul.

2- over rated ❤️❤️❤️❤️ players on UT. TOTS gives away 91-99 over rated players.
    Why not just play with regular players?

3- UT is all about having the best players but how can I get them If i can only get them if I have to spend hundreds of dollars opening packs? Plus we dont get enough coins after a match.

4- positioning sucks

5- formations and tactics are limited.

For me to buy this game.

THere has to be all the leagues of the world.

There is a lot to be done for a good soccer game but until then Im not buying.

C ya
  • fluffymnuffy
    bro this game is trash.

1- people over use tackling by chasing you half way of the field; you can see how often they pull your shirt until they commit a foul.

3- UT is all about having the best players but how can I get them If i can only get them if I have to spend hundreds of dollars opening packs? Plus we dont get enough coins after a match.

4- positioning sucks

For me to buy this game.

C ya

You don't need to post on your own thread, we know you're an alt
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    bro this game is trash.

4- positioning sucks

For me to buy this game.

C ya

You don't need to post on your own thread, we know you're an alt

Seriously, dude?
  • Frankenberry
    10215 posts Has That Special Something

You don't really need a 10 million coin team to compete. A well-made 200-400k team is basically as effective as any multimillion team in FUT.

Also, I have ~30 million coins in trade profit, plus ~1 million match coins from playing games (and I don't even play Weekend League, which can give you hundreds of thousands of coins per week in rewards). You don't need to spend money on this game, but you do have to spend time.