Over dribblers

WallOfTrump
585 posts Sunday League Hero
I've gotten beat by plenty of good players that are also good dribblers, but does anyone else find it immensely entertaining to watch the frustration of over dribblers that try and juke you out then make dumb ovbious passes?

It's like dude your not making a shot from there. I don't care if you get "shooting" space I care where your next pass is too. I'll tackle you ias soon as you're a threat or I don't have to risk pulling a player from position unnecessarily.
Surely, they have to see this win they get beat by smart players who barely dribble at all?

My guess is this gets you to division three maybe weekend league, but can't understand how they win 18 in weekend league and stay up.

Comments

• JGCramp
    1373 posts Professional
    This is the first time I qualified for WL (I'm not that great) but this experience has really made me change my approach to defending. The first few matches I was clearly getting my players out of position and allowing opponents to trick me with dribbling. I gave up 5 goals in 4 of my first 6 matches. So far I've only won 5 and lost 9, but I'm already seeing my game evolve a bit. Like you wrote, I barely dribble aside from L2/R2 to create space.

Since that 6th match I've really started to make sure my midfielders all get back, let my opponents make their moves in midfield, and try to read their next pass by focusing on the positioning of nearby players. If they beat me with a crazy long shot, so be it. But I'm not letting myself get scored upon nearly as much off the dribble. In my last 10 matches I've conceded more than 2 goals only once.
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    My favorite is the guys that do a stupid amount of skills as they go down the sideline, so I just sit back and watch as they do this knowing all they are doing is going to the byline and then I step in and make the tackle. It's extremely predictable and quite funny to watch haha
  • JGCramp
    1373 posts Professional
    It's still frustrating, though. I just played a dribbler with a garbage team not even at full chem (Rashford and Zouma were the best players). The ball stuck to his players' feet like glue. Every pass was controlled perfectly. No fouls, of course. At one point Xhaka out ran my entire team on a counter attack (you know, 48 acc, 54 ss Xhaka...); then I tried desperately to switch to 90 Chiellini, but nothing happened and he just stood there and let him in for the goal.

Meanwhile, the players on my loaded Serie A team, which include 91 Dybala, TOTS Immobile, couldn't control a pass. The ball was literally bouncing off their feet right back to my opponent the entire match. Or I'd make a pass to an open player who would suddenly stop moving, allowing the ball to go right to my opponent. So, in a way, I don't blame players for going all out dribbling.
  • eRbz26
    1029 posts Professional
    the best is when they skill themselves out of bounds lol I do enjoy beating them tho little extra motivation, hit em with the ssshhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Lol
  • neil34
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    JGCramp wrote: »
    It's still frustrating, though. I just played a dribbler with a garbage team not even at full chem (Rashford and Zouma were the best players). The ball stuck to his players' feet like glue. Every pass was controlled perfectly. No fouls, of course. At one point Xhaka out ran my entire team on a counter attack (you know, 48 acc, 54 ss Xhaka...); then I tried desperately to switch to 90 Chiellini, but nothing happened and he just stood there and let him in for the goal.

Meanwhile, the players on my loaded Serie A team, which include 91 Dybala, TOTS Immobile, couldn't control a pass. The ball was literally bouncing off their feet right back to my opponent the entire match. Or I'd make a pass to an open player who would suddenly stop moving, allowing the ball to go right to my opponent. So, in a way, I don't blame players for going all out dribbling.

mate same happening to me
  • Jason1986
    6924 posts Big Money Move
    @WallOfTrump sounds like the kind of guy who doesn't actually do any defending himself, just lets the AI sort it out for him.
  • limjitwe
    6739 posts Big Money Move
    JGCramp wrote: »

Same here bro. Lost 5-3 to a 77 rated team with Fosu Mensah etc. Best players were Rashford Depay and Herrera. His passing and Depay were lightning quick! My players like Hazard and Ibrah were bumped off the ball by Smalldini each and every time. Oh and the game was a tad laggy against me even at 5 green bar. I just laughed and said git gud to myself