The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

On a scale of 1 - 10 how good are you on FIFA?

Comments

• iNero
    797 posts Semi-Pro
    If you ever finish elite in WL your a 8/10 player
    Elite is a huge minority on fifa
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    ****_Benz wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    Coming from someone who has never qualfied for WL for one reason or another, I'm just stoked about my recent solid run from div6 to div4 with only a couple losses on the way, handful of ties. Team has been playing wonderful. I know some would laugh but its progress for me. Never won the whole DKT, but i have been beating plenty in it lately who are likely higher divisions and or clearly play WL considering they have the dkt TOTS cards or some seriously stacked teams, so i know i have the ability to progress. Im probably just a 3 with potential of a 5- 6 or so.

My style and gameplay is always changing, its hard to be consistant without playing a few matches each day which is not always possible for me. Dont know how some people find the time they do to play. Must not be married or have a girlfriend that **** about playing xbox for 4 hours straight.

I have 3 kids, do 55 hours a week and still get time. 4 hours a day no but a couple here and there I can fit in
    Coming from someone who has never qualfied for WL for one reason or another, I'm just stoked about my recent solid run from div6 to div4 with only a couple losses on the way, handful of ties. Team has been playing wonderful. I know some would laugh but its progress for me. Never won the whole DKT, but i have been beating plenty in it lately who are likely higher divisions and or clearly play WL considering they have the dkt TOTS cards or some seriously stacked teams, so i know i have the ability to progress. Im probably just a 3 with potential of a 5- 6 or so.

My style and gameplay is always changing, its hard to be consistant without playing a few matches each day which is not always possible for me. Dont know how some people find the time they do to play. Must not be married or have a girlfriend that **** about playing xbox for 4 hours straight.

I have 3 kids, do 55 hours a week and still get time. 4 hours a day no but a couple here and there I can fit in

Depends a lot on other circumstances as well though.

I'm in the same boat as @yerwaltz .

I've got a girlfriend that I live with but I don't think it's fair on her for me to take up the TV playing Fifa. Also I can't stand her watching me as it makes me rage even more lol. So I only play when she's not around which is very rare on week days. Possibly one tournament spread over the 4 days so rarely enough to qualify.

I play when the Mrs and kids go to bed sometimes I play till 3am and I'm at work for 7

Gotta suck it up. Don't moan if youre not willing to put the time in oh and I work weekends as well generally 12 hour days yet I still get to 18 wins

This is just silly, dont play more than 4 hours a day, but yet you play til 3 am when you work at 7am? Yea have fun with that, count me out! Thats the kind of **** I would do when I was like 18-21 or single. I guess I will just have to continue to suffer and not qualify during the week.

You're married so things are obviously different. You aint got **** to prove anymore lol. Who wants to date a guy that plays fifa all day/night til 3 am? That simply is not an option for everyone as much as i would love it to be.

He might be doing all the hard work for the family. What's wrong with playing FIFA till 3am when he is doing his reponsibilities?

I dont think you understood my point, @****_Benz and that wasnt meant to offend @Campino

I didnt say he doesnt provide for his family or that hes irresponsible or anything at all like that! Thats great that his wife is clearly okay with him playing fifa till 3 am. All the more power to em. I'm thinking he plays for 4 hours more often than hes willing to admit :wink:

Im just not willing to test whether my girl wants to date a guy who plays fifa as much he is able to or as much as i would actually like to myself. What hes saying isnt an option when your relationship isn't set in stone.
  • SomeLegend
    1192 posts Professional
    1 because if you are not 1 you are nothing (mourinho voice)
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    Maybe 5 or 6. In bang average, in division 2 mostly and gold 2 normally
  • Horizonvapor
    557 posts An Exciting Prospect
    7 regularly finish gold 1. Not that great but not terrible. If no lag and skill moves actually work maybe 7.5 to 8.
  • SGLT
    6209 posts Big Money Move
    In my head probably a 10 in reality probably a 4/5 lol
  • Kyranst
    473 posts An Exciting Prospect
    8 imo, I have finished on 36 wins as my highest, missed out on top 100 by skill points :'(
  • King_Boontai
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite
    6 maybe 7 at rare times.
  • SummerOfGeorge
    3120 posts National Call-Up
    5/6
  • Primal
    5112 posts Big Money Move
    Used to think 10 as i beat all my mates but since playing WL probably an 8. Usually finish elite 1 or 2. When you play someone in the top 10 makes you feel useless. Got beat 1-0 of tass and literally i had 25% possession ha
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15843 posts World Class
  • xciljw
    5027 posts Big Money Move
    Primal wrote: »
    Used to think 10 as i beat all my mates but since playing WL probably an 8. Usually finish elite 1 or 2. When you play someone in the top 10 makes you feel useless. Got beat 1-0 of tass and literally i had 25% possession ha

@Primal Only 1-0 to Tass? I must have played decent then when I came up vs u :#
  • Ryno
    6489 posts Big Money Move
    I'd say maybe 7.5/10. :D
    Regular Divsion 1 player but I usually get Gold 2 in WL. :D

I would fall into this rating :)
  • Primal
    5112 posts Big Money Move
    xciljw wrote: »
    Primal wrote: »

@Primal Only 1-0 to Tass? I must have played decent then when I came up vs u :#

I was on full tilt and that was my worst WL ever ha you cut through me every time. One of those games where you sratch your head tbh.
  • Argie8
    6089 posts Big Money Move
    A strong 7/10 I'd say. I've won div 1 multiple times and get between 26-28 wins in WL every week.

Think people on here now have a distorted view of the average Fifa player. The average player doesn't get division 1 and probably not even qualify for WL nevermind get Gold. If you get elite then you are a very good player and if you get elite 1/top 100 you are amazing at the game compared to the average player
  • Campino
    27876 posts Player of the Year
    edited June 2017

I've got a girlfriend that I live with but I don't think it's fair on her for me to take up the TV playing Fifa. Also I can't stand her watching me as it makes me rage even more lol. So I only play when she's not around which is very rare on week days. Possibly one tournament spread over the 4 days so rarely enough to qualify.

I play when the Mrs and kids go to bed sometimes I play till 3am and I'm at work for 7

Gotta suck it up. Don't moan if youre not willing to put the time in oh and I work weekends as well generally 12 hour days yet I still get to 18 wins

This is just silly, dont play more than 4 hours a day, but yet you play til 3 am when you work at 7am? Yea have fun with that, count me out! Thats the kind of **** I would do when I was like 18-21 or single. I guess I will just have to continue to suffer and not qualify during the week.

You're married so things are obviously different. You aint got **** to prove anymore lol. Who wants to date a guy that plays fifa all day/night til 3 am? That simply is not an option for everyone as much as i would love it to be.

He might be doing all the hard work for the family. What's wrong with playing FIFA till 3am when he is doing his reponsibilities?

I dont think you understood my point, @****_Benz and that wasnt meant to offend @Campino

I didnt say he doesnt provide for his family or that hes irresponsible or anything at all like that! Thats great that his wife is clearly okay with him playing fifa till 3 am. All the more power to em. I'm thinking he plays for 4 hours more often than hes willing to admit :wink:

Im just not willing to test whether my girl wants to date a guy who plays fifa as much he is able to or as much as i would actually like to myself. What hes saying isnt an option when your relationship isn't set in stone.

I'm not offended mate haha

I do what I believe is a great job as a father and I also perform pretty much daily at my best level at work on 4-5 hours sleep. I play when I can, I can't play all the time. I arranged some Friendlies with @Hippyboy6 yesterday but I was asleep at 9.30pm and woke up again at 5.30am. It's a lifestyle choice, I dont get a lot of time but when I do I make it count. Now back to your point, if I was a teenager and looking for chicks etc again, I wouldn't even have a console mate. From 18-24 all I did was have holidays, work and go drinking and loved every minute of it
  • Hippyboy6
    16906 posts World Class

I do what I believe is a great job as a father and I also perform pretty much daily at my best level at work on 4-5 hours sleep. I play when I can, I can't play all the time. I arranged some Friendlies with @Hippyboy6 yesterday but I was asleep at 9.30pm and woke up again at 5.30am. It's a lifestyle choice, I dont get a lot of time but when I do I make it count. Now back to your point, if I was a teenager and looking for chicks etc again, I wouldn't even have a console mate. From 18-24 all I did was have holidays, work and go drinking and loved every minute of it

Why you lying, I beat you 7-1, 6-0 & 6-0 :joy:

Everyone's circumstances are different but I totally agree with the above, I didn't even have a console until I had kids, I was too busy partying & learning how to work hungover lol
  • yerwaltz
    edited June 2017

@Campino Thats really cool man i totally get it, and I seriously have no doubts at all on you being a great father/husband etc., I give you my praise for doing so while being so commited to fifa! :wink: Thats probably why i get so much crap from my girl if i try to play fifa for hours a day. I have a long way to go in my life/relationship I suppose. Im 27, been with my girl since we were kids basically, 15 years old. We split up a few years back, and I got into some trouble, had alot of issues and was going down a bad path in life without her. Still paying for it. But she took me back a year ago thank god and helped me straighten my life back out, and I owe her so much for it.

She has been so patient with me, but I know Im starting to drive her crazy when I waste my day playing fifa, knowing I have alot on my plate. I could surely be doing more to better our life/relationship, admittedly so. I need to start working even more over time or pick up another second job to justify playing more fifa lol.
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »

Everyone's circumstances are different but I totally agree with the above, I didn't even have a console until I had kids, I was too busy partying & learning how to work hungover lol

Exactly, everyone has a different life and situation. I hope my girl throws me a bone one of these days. Just need to marry her and maybe then she wont hawl at me so much!
  • yerwaltz
    edited June 2017
    Damn it why do i always end up being the guy who totally starts going off topic and OP. Im sorry!! @Legends.1878
  • AdamH89
    12 posts Ball Boy
    I'd say I'm a 6/7, I can play devastating football at times and then in others its like I don't know how to defend, I usually fly between divs 2/3, spent the last 3 seasons in div 2. I've been in Div 1 once and only got a point out of it. The last weekend league I was in, I got 17 wins out of 28.
  • Hippyboy6
    16906 posts World Class

@Campino Thats really cool man i totally get it, and I seriously have no doubts at all on you being a great father/husband etc., I give you my praise for doing so while being so commited to fifa! :wink: Thats probably why i get so much crap from my girl if i try to play fifa for hours a day. I have a long way to go in my life/relationship I suppose. Im 27, been with my girl since we were kids basically, 15 years old. We split up a few years back, and I got into some trouble, had alot of issues and was going down a bad path in life without her. Still paying for it. But she took me back a year ago thank god and helped me straighten my life back out, and I owe her so much for it.

She has been so patient with me, but I know Im starting to drive her crazy when I waste my day playing fifa, knowing I have alot on my plate. I could surely be doing more to better our life/relationship, admittedly so. I need to start working even more over time or pick up another second job to justify playing more fifa lol.

Exactly, everyone has a different life and situation. I hope my girl throws me a bone one of these days. Just need to marry her and maybe then she wont hawl at me so much!

What you've said there makes a lot of sense & certainly explains your own situation very well. There are a lot more important things in life than fifa, relationships, kids etc. & it's all about getting the balance right for you (& your partner/kids) I know @Campino is in a similar situation to me, married with kids but that still leaves spare time, kids generally go to bed 9:00 & my wife starts work early so isn't usually far behind them. I also get lucky at weekends because if it ain't raining, my kids are at the park at 9:30 & only pop back at meal times. My wife's hobby is gardening & she helps run a gardening website. It's a trade off, she doesn't whinge about fifa & I don't whinge about plants :joy:

My hobby is golf, nothing gets in the way of my Sunday round of golf lol.
  • malagacity
    865 posts Semi-Pro

me 2
  • McRaven
    5092 posts Big Money Move
    Meh probably a 5. I stay in div 1 with ease and mostly get Gold 1 in WL. I know there are players way better than I am.
  • yerwaltz
    edited June 2017

What you've said there makes a lot of sense & certainly explains your own situation very well. There are a lot more important things in life than fifa, relationships, kids etc. & it's all about getting the balance right for you (& your partner/kids) I know @Campino is in a similar situation to me, married with kids but that still leaves spare time, kids generally go to bed 9:00 & my wife starts work early so isn't usually far behind them. I also get lucky at weekends because if it ain't raining, my kids are at the park at 9:30 & only pop back at meal times. My wife's hobby is gardening & she helps run a gardening website. It's a trade off, she doesn't whinge about fifa & I don't whinge about plants :joy:

@Hippyboy6 Thanks for reading and understanding. Its very cool that you guys seem to have found that perfect balance with life/family. Envy that. But im sure i'll get there one of thse days. Need to focus more on fixing my life though for starters, then i can worry about fifa.

I know its kinda lame that im complaining i cant play fifa as much as i want, i know my life could be soooo much worse right now. Im just thankful to even be here to complain really...
  • Hippyboy6
    16906 posts World Class
    a

@Hippyboy6 Thanks for reading and understanding. Its very cool that you guys seem to have found that perfect balance with life/family. Envy that. But im sure i'll get there one of thse days. Need to focus more on fixing my life though for starters, then i can worry about fifa.

I know its kinda lame that im complaining i cant play fifa as much as i want, i know my life could be soooo much worse right now. Im just thankful to even be here to complain really...

Absolutely mate, also gotta bear in mind I'm more than 10 years older than you, no way I could've played this much 10 years ago...... You'll get there bud, just be thankful you have the girl you have, sounds like she's saved you **** from a world of s***
  • yerwaltz
    a

Absolutely mate, also gotta bear in mind I'm more than 10 years older than you, no way I could've played this much 10 years ago...... You'll get there bud, just be thankful you have the girl you have, sounds like she's saved you **** from a world of s***

Thanks again :smile: You are 100% correct my friend!
  • Argie8
    Too many life stories for a fifa thread imo
  • yerwaltz
    edited June 2017
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Damn it why do i always end up being the guy who totally starts going off topic and OP. Im sorry!! @Legends.1878

@Argie8
    Agreed. I already apologized but my bad yall :wink:

• Argie8

@Argie8

I'm only messing dude. Getting to know people is the best part of using a forum! :smile:
  • yerwaltz
    edited June 2017

@Argie8

I'm only messing dude. Getting to know people is the best part of using a forum! :smile:

lol right on man you good you good. I was going to say what do you think the scale should be ranked as? like what should an average player be ranked? i was saying im a 3 because i just reached div4 and never play WL. But potential to reach 5-6, but after looking at others responses idk if that would be accurate or not.