OT: 2-step verification help!

OoSUPERDANoO
13874 posts Moderator
My phone had a meltdown and I had to restore the software.

My Authenticator app is now like new and doesn't generate a code to let me into my origin account...

How can I set this up again? I'm sure I've done it before but now I can't remember how...

Cheers!

Comments

• Worm
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    You're a mod, you know when EA Chat sends you here it's crap. Go knock on @Rob 's door and say "yo man, why you never on the forum and what do I do?" because we can't help you!

• Whoman
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Is there no fallback-option to have it sent to you via mail ? Maybe access it via pc/webapp ?
  • BrentfordFC
    9808 posts League Winner
    edited June 2017
    A mod asking for help is a rare sight!

I believe you need to register the email to the Authenticator
  • SummerOfGeorge
    3120 posts National Call-Up
    If you can log in anywhere you can turn it off in the options
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13874 posts Moderator
    I'm hoping I can auto log in on my Laptop at home. Currently can't get in on my work laptop.

There is no option to have the code sent to mobile etc and can't actually contact without logging in... haha.

Only thing I could find was a chat option that just doesn't load :s
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13874 posts Moderator
    Worm wrote: »
    You're a mod, you know when EA Chat sends you here it's crap. Go knock on @Rob 's door and say "yo man, why you never on the forum and what do I do?" because we can't help you!

Haha!

I have to go through EA chat just like everybody else! :'(

• ShaunCPFC
    4181 posts National Call-Up
    I'm hoping I can auto log in on my Laptop at home. Currently can't get in on my work laptop.

There is no option to have the code sent to mobile etc and can't actually contact without logging in... haha.

Only thing I could find was a chat option that just doesn't load :s

I had this about a month ago, got a new phone and when I tried re-downloading the app to setup the authentication code you need it wasnt working as was linked to the previously downloaded app.

I eventually went on live chat and the bloke on their reset whatever it was on my account that was stopping me from using the code, and reverted me back to SMS authentication. He removed the 2 step authentication and I haven't got back round to resetting it back up as its just as easy to type a number from SMS :joy:
  • chaz
    1905 posts Play-Off Hero
    You can turn it off/change phone number etc in your origin settings once you can get on laptop. When I got a new phone it was really awkward too but that's how I eventually sorted it.
  • ShaunCPFC
    4181 posts National Call-Up
    chaz wrote: »
    You can turn it off/change phone number etc in your origin settings once you can get on laptop. When I got a new phone it was really awkward too but that's how I eventually sorted it.

Yeah this is what the bloke on live chat told me afterwards if it happens again but it took next to no time for him to just remove 2-step authentication from my profile and then allowed me to log back in using SMS :+1:
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13874 posts Moderator
    Thanks guys!

Will just wait until I get home and use the laptop where I am automatically logged in to change the settings. I assume it's what I must have done before.

I also have one for MS and that was so much easier to sort out...
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    29723 posts Player of the Year
    chaz wrote: »

HAppened to me a while back. This is what I had to do