Opinions

Horizonvapor
557 posts An Exciting Prospect
Currently on Xbox one, debating getting the PS4 pro or Xbox X when it comes out. Any opinions on those that own a PS4 pro? How are the servers for FIFA? Also how do other games play? Any input appreciated thanks.

Comments

• aberry1000
    2377 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not worth the extra cost m8
  • Horizonvapor
    @aberry1000 for which console? Never owned a PS4. Would try and sell my Xbox one with about 6 games for $150-175. If I elected to get the PS4 pro.
  • aberry1000
    2377 posts Fans' Favourite
    Never had an xbox so can't compare but had all the PS and never once thought about Xbox plus crash bandicoot soon
  • Horizonvapor
    How does FIFA play on the PS4 @aberry1000 also what are some other good games?
  • Java
    896 posts Semi-Pro
    How does FIFA play on the PS4 @aberry1000 also what are some other good games?

I rarely lag badly and I haven't got a DC in ages. It's definitely good here. The level of competition is about the same
  • Horizonvapor
    @Java is their a large player base? Also what do you think about the other games offered on the PS4 the exclusives if you play any
  • Mssingno
    1081 posts Professional
    I'd say it depends more on how comfortable you are with the Xbox controller and what your friends socially play on.
    The ps4 controller will feel weird to you if you haven't used one so will take getting used to
  • Horizonvapor
    @Mssingno most of my friends have an Xbox unfortunately
  • Mssingno
    1081 posts Professional
    @Mssingno most of my friends have an Xbox unfortunately

I'd probably stick to Xbox if I were you unless you are dead set on jumping over to PlayStation.
    Always preferred ps myself, found online games more challenging
  • Horizonvapor
    @Mssingno just heard ps has a better game lineup. All I ever play on Xbox is FIFA, have gears as well but couldn't get into it.
  • Mssingno
    1081 posts Professional
    @Mssingno just heard ps has a better game lineup. All I ever play on Xbox is FIFA, have gears as well but couldn't get into it.

Yeah some really good exclusives on ps4 if you're really into gaming.
    I only really play FIFA, the witcher and occasionally GTA online with friends though.
  • Horizonvapor
    @Mssingno I'm not like massively into it, but it would be good to have some other alternatives as opposed to just FIFA. The only thing is that the Xbox one X has better specs, but idk if those specs warrant a $100 price difference, and I'm not sure if I even know enough about that stuff to even notice a difference.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    Do you have a 4k TV? if not, stick with what you have just now
  • HishamAyman
    3248 posts National Call-Up
    If all your friends own an xbox, i would say stick to xbox, and the upgrade, i wouldnt really get it. Maybe wait two more years and new generation of ps and xbox will be released
  • Horizonvapor
    @HishamAyman I thought that the Xbox one was rumored to have at least a 10 year life?
  • HishamAyman
    @HishamAyman I thought that the Xbox one was rumored to have at least a 10 year life?

They now are talking about xbox scorpio (Dk whats that) and ps5 release dates. Most rumours say 2018 but im doubting it, some articles about this were actually released today
  • Horizonvapor
    @HishamAyman project Scorpio is another name for the Xbox X which will be released in November of 17. It's just a suped up version of the Xbox one, project neo for Sony is known as the PS4 pro. Both gaming systems will have backwards compatibility, meaning Xbox one will get the same games as the Xbox X and same with PS4 and the pro which I'm sure you're already aware of.
  • HishamAyman
    @HishamAyman project Scorpio is another name for the Xbox X which will be released in November of 17. It's just a suped up version of the Xbox one, project neo for Sony is known as the PS4 pro. Both gaming systems will have backwards compatibility, meaning Xbox one will get the same games as the Xbox X and same with PS4 and the pro which I'm sure you're already aware of.

I read though about ps5 release dates, maybe not anytime soon then? I really hope you are right and its a 10 year life though. You can type ps5 release date on google you will find some articles released about it today
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    edited June 2017
    I own a PS4 Pro, will be picking up an Xbox X on release. It's much more powerful, can run native 4K, has backwards compatibility. I prefer the Xbox controller, cheaper player prices on Fifa.

I also find online is a lot more smooth, exclusives like Gears of War, Halo use dedicated servers. While Sony are cheap with exclusives such as Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, use peer to peer. I'll be using the PS4 for offline exclusives such as God of War, Shadow of Colossus etc.
  • Horizonvapor
    @Retro_G when you say native 4K, what do you mean I am unfamiliar with the concept.
  • Horizonvapor
    @HishamAyman if that's the case, i highly doubt the PS4 pro, and PS5 games would not be compatible. If that were the case I imagine a lot of people would be rather angry. I'd expect the current consoles to lasts until at least 2020-2022. Usually it's about 7-10 year life cycle
  • HishamAyman
    @HishamAyman if that's the case, i highly doubt the PS4 pro, and PS5 games would not be compatible. If that were the case I imagine a lot of people would be rather angry. I'd expect the current consoles to lasts until at least 2020-2022. Usually it's about 7-10 year life cycle

Makes sense
  • Retro_G
    @Retro_G when you say native 4K, what do you mean I am unfamiliar with the concept.

PS4 pro upscales most games to 4K, while the Xbox X will run native 4K, meaning a better picture quality in layman's terms. Check out this channel, it will fill you in on everything.

• Xaero
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If you have a 4k tv currently, the resolution output will be 1080p from the console to the TV then your TV will stretch the image to 4k. PS4 Pro will feed the tv 4k quality video (that is native 4k). If you do not have a 4K tv the upgrade is pretty much pointless, for a few effects on some games not worth it.
  • Horizonvapor
    @Xaero is it worth buying a 4K tv?
  • Xaero
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    To me depends on how often you buy a TV. If you will buy another tv in 2 years time, go for it. Otherwise wait for OLEDs to drop in price. I think in a year or two they will be reasonably priced. And from what I have seen they are a noticeable upgrade over current LED backlit LCDs.
  • Horizonvapor
    @Xaero I think I've had the same tv for the past 5 years lol. Does oled make that much of a difference compared to led 4K?
  • Retro_G
    @Xaero I think I've had the same tv for the past 5 years lol. Does oled make that much of a difference compared to led 4K?

OLED are much better, but their input lag is usually high, that's the main reason i haven't picked one up myself yet.
  • Horizonvapor
    @Retro_G any good 4K tvs I can get fairly cheap like 30-40 inches
  • Retro_G
    @Retro_G any good 4K tvs I can get fairly cheap like 30-40 inches

Best gaming 4ks at the moment....

http://www.gamesradar.com/best-gaming-tvs/