Never raged so hard

AlexM1218
715 posts Semi-Pro
Easily the most rattled FIFA has ever made me. Playing DKO, in the semis and am feeling pretty good. Won first round 4-1, second 5-0 RQ and saw this team pop up:
2rp2zxc.png

Easy win. **** players, no chem, bad formation. NOPE. 5-1 L. Never had such a jaw-droppingly confusing/bs/"what the ****" kind of game in my life. Dude wasn't a terrible player, but certainly wasn't anything special. Didn't use skill moves, didn't even try the usual sweaty techniques. I swear my players were the ones that played like they had 63 chem, and his played like they were all CR7. **** Gueye chipped me 3 times. Didn't even pull my goalie so I have no clue why De Gea was out near the PK spot but whatever. Every pass I tried to make, the stupid lunge animation pops up or my player tries to do a 360 spin instead of playing a simple outside of the foot pass. The whole game I thought that eventually they would snap out of it, but it just got worse by every minute.

Now I'm used to losing games in DKO's. I'm a D2 player, so I'll be happy just to win it. But I'm at a loss for words after this game. I should be able to beat that team one handed, considering I have the likes of POTM Haz, TOTS Herrera, OTW Mane, Veron, etc. who, just on pure ability, should be able to keep up with every single player on that team.

/rage

Comments

• AlexM1218
    715 posts Semi-Pro
    Just gonna get it out of the way----

Git gud
  • Uberman
    15729 posts World Class
    It happens sometimes - Im having the occasional game where my defenders positioning is woeful and all it takes is a through ball by my opponent every time they want to score - usually its best in those games to just quit and take a break while attempting to not let it get to you
  • YOLOT0URE
    6970 posts Big Money Move
    Overconfident
  • AlexM1218
    715 posts Semi-Pro
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Overconfident

Yes, probably was. But the difference in player quality should easily make up for the bit of overconfidence I had, especially after I started focusing in after I realized what was going on
  • Heppers
    3362 posts National Call-Up
    Take a break, come back and win it tomorrow
  • PelzyWelzy
    9480 posts League Winner
    I used to get these sorts of games all the time. It's so strange.. if playing a really good player with a solid team more often than not would fully compete with them, game would be close and pretty high quality.

It's the bang average players with equally average teams of always struggle against. No idea why, but if some noob just haphazardly sauntered around not really trying to defend, attacking in the same **** way more often than not I'd come undone.

Can't get my head around it.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10573 posts Has That Special Something
    There are no easy games in Fifa anymore.
  • pittphan
    3023 posts National Call-Up
    It shouldn't be a secret at this point... but I think we often forget, especially in the hype of all these TOTS being released.... Basically team means next to nothing in a single game. In the long run, yes, if you have 89 Son instead of Memphis as your LF, of course it will pay off in more goals... but in a single game there are so many factors that bring to bear on the result BEFORE team... Here is a quick list:
    1.) Your Connection
    2.) Opponents Connection/ Server Connection
    3.)Your Skill
    4.) Opponents Skill
    5.) META players
    10.) Team Rating
  • Philip1979
    917 posts Semi-Pro
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Overconfident

Happens to us all; before you know it you are 2 down and chasing the game!
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    Some games/nights just happen like that man. I get BAD rage so I feel your pain. Just give it a break no matter what every inch of you is telling you. Otherwise it'll be a snowball and you'll end up raging that you didn't stop after one
  • ITSSPENO
    1974 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tbh I'm more scared when I see a team like that than when I see the likes of CR7, Son, Martial etc.
  • Shutup
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    Karma is punishing you for using a boring BPL team :)
  • AlexM1218
    715 posts Semi-Pro
    Shutup wrote: »
    Karma is punishing you for using a boring BPL team :)

I mix Leno, Boateng, Ramos, TOTS Carvajal, TOTS Plattenhardt, and 90 Isco in with them, so it's not too boring :) Have Haz/Mane untradeable, don't wanna let them go to waste
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    ITSSPENO wrote: »
    Tbh I'm more scared when I see a team like that than when I see the likes of CR7, Son, Martial etc.

Son scares the crap out of me. The amount of games I've lost because that bellend has scored a ridiculous goal that no other player in the game could have scored is unreal.
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    its the random aspect of the game. it has to be removed from the game before fifa can be considered an Esport.
  • DonovanFan
    656 posts An Exciting Prospect
    AlexM1218 wrote: »
    Easily the most rattled FIFA has ever made me. Playing DKO, in the semis and am feeling pretty good. Won first round 4-1, second 5-0 RQ and saw this team pop up:
    2rp2zxc.png

Easy win. **** players, no chem, bad formation. NOPE. 5-1 L. Never had such a jaw-droppingly confusing/bs/"what the ****" kind of game in my life. Dude wasn't a terrible player, but certainly wasn't anything special. Didn't use skill moves, didn't even try the usual sweaty techniques. I swear my players were the ones that played like they had 63 chem, and his played like they were all CR7. **** Gueye chipped me 3 times. Didn't even pull my goalie so I have no clue why De Gea was out near the PK spot but whatever. Every pass I tried to make, the stupid lunge animation pops up or my player tries to do a 360 spin instead of playing a simple outside of the foot pass. The whole game I thought that eventually they would snap out of it, but it just got worse by every minute.

Now I'm used to losing games in DKO's. I'm a D2 player, so I'll be happy just to win it. But I'm at a loss for words after this game. I should be able to beat that team one handed, considering I have the likes of POTM Haz, TOTS Herrera, OTW Mane, Veron, etc. who, just on pure ability, should be able to keep up with every single player on that team.

/rage
    You were victim to ea handicap had happened to me many times v teams like that . They play better than my full chem team so lame
  • PJazz
    2219 posts Fans' Favourite
    ITSSPENO wrote: »

Same here
  • Dembelethat
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The less chem your opponent has the more his stats will be boosted in game.
    Same as when someone goes to 10 men, they turn into 10 kante's auto tackling everything and running you off the ball when they wasn't doing that when he had 11 men. Just accept it's rigged by EA.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9480 posts League Winner
    edited June 2017
    Literally my first game back in two weeks... These are the half time stats.

enQ2LNJ.jpg

He went on to win 4-3 with a 120th minute goal... Didn't get a picture at the end but you'll have to take my word for it, I ended with 62% posession, 18 shots on target, hit the bar once and post twice, 91 passing accuracy... He had five shots, scored four (not a single assist among them, all deflected ****) and his Begovic made, wait for it, 16 saves!!!

Seriously, **** this game man :joy:
  • nathswfc
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

enQ2LNJ.jpg

He went on to win 4-3 with a 120th minute goal... Didn't get a picture at the end but you'll have to take my word for it, I ended with 62% posession, 18 shots on target, hit the bar once and post twice, 91 passing accuracy... He had five shots, scored four (not a single assist among them, all deflected ****) and his Begovic made, wait for it, 16 saves!!!

learn how to finish then you would of outscored him
  • PelzyWelzy
    9480 posts League Winner
    edited June 2017
    nathswfc wrote: »

enQ2LNJ.jpg

Sorry my bad... I always thought my finishing was pretty good - turns out unless I'm scoring two goals with one shot it's not quite good enough :joy:

Seriously bro, am sure you've experienced these superhuman goalkeeping performances before. Some of the saves were utterly unbelieveable. Throw in the post hitting (again, three times), lag, button delay and all the other BS that goes on and sometimes things are just flat out against you.

It's not my saved chances that bother me so much, it's the ones that did go in... at both ends, it's the **** goals that tend to get scored. He honestly didn't assist a single one of his goals. Every single one was deflected in one way or another. Even my third was.

The game's ****, plain and simple.
  • Orison
    48694 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Same as when someone goes to 10 men, they turn into 10 kante's auto tackling everything and running you off the ball when they wasn't doing that when he had 11 men. Just accept it's rigged by EA.

@Dembelethat so why don't you play with a low chem team and get an instant red card to receive your maximum boost?
  • ezb33
    569 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 2017
    I think you lost because you were thinking that it would be easy when you saw the team (as you point out) and didnt take your opponent serious(or maybe you couldnt concentrate)

These kind of teams are more dangerous because their owners play more careful,patient and annoying.
  • Dembelethat
    Orison wrote: »

@Dembelethat so why don't you play with a low chem team and get an instant red card to receive your maximum boost?

Because I like to play the game how it should be played and that 11 on the field and score goals. As we all know now the game has different algorithms deciding the outcome of a game even before we kick off.
  • n2j2000
    2169 posts Fans' Favourite

enQ2LNJ.jpg

Shut up you melt. It's obvious EA gave OP's opponent a hidden boost, there is no way Begovic should be making 16 saves in a game.
  • Tof33z
    6780 posts Big Money Move
    Player quality means squat. It's the ultimate irony that everyone chases super galactico squads that actually count for very little. Even spending real money to do it. Sure it makes some difference but not as much as people think.

And I'm not even sure that it's wrong to be that way. Pure pay to win is pointless.
  • Orison
    48694 posts FIFA Cover Star

Because I like to play the game how it should be played and that 11 on the field and score goals. As we all know now the game has different algorithms deciding the outcome of a game even before we kick off.

It doesn't have ****. The game has so many flaws there is no way EA could implement an insanely well working handicap/momentum algorithm that keeps **** you over. It's simply not there.
  • Dembelethat

It doesn't have ****. The game has so many flaws there is no way EA could implement an insanely well working handicap/momentum algorithm that keeps **** you over. It's simply not there.

I've played since FIFA 06 and can tell you something is definitely there. Soo many rebounds that lead to 'random events' that end up as goals in the 'random' minute of 45 or 90.
  • ezb33
    569 posts Sunday League Hero
    n2j2000 wrote: »

enQ2LNJ.jpg

Shut up you melt. It's obvious EA gave OP's opponent a hidden boost, there is no way Begovic should be making 16 saves in a game.

Why not?Quantity of shooting isnt important,quality is.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9480 posts League Winner
    ezb33 wrote: »
    n2j2000 wrote: »

enQ2LNJ.jpg

Why not?Quantity of shooting isnt important,quality is.

Really wish I had saved footage of the game.

Quality of finishing counted for absolutely nothing bro. Seven goals scored in total, five were the result of deflections (3 credited as OG's for the oppostion including in 45th and 120th minute... hell, he even managed two goals from one shot in the first half ffs :joy:).

In fact now I think about it the better the shot the more ridiculous the saves were. And if the keeper happened to fail, which was rarely, the post would bail him out.

Never had a game like It, and I've had some shockers before.