Headers

wwffan99tx
700 posts Semi-Pro
I've played over 2000 online games and I'd say I've only really come across about 50 games where my opponent played crosses in for headers as part of their offensive attack. Why is this? Personally that is my favorite way of scoring on this game and I probably put 8 - 10 crosses in every game trying for a headed goal. I just love smashing a header into the net as Butland flops helplessly as it goes past him.

Comments

• Retro1989
    4648 posts National Call-Up
    People rarely do it because it's no where near as effective as it was in previous Fifa's.
  • Dutch3723
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I scored quite a few headed goals this WL, seemed like it had been made a bit more powerful?
  • wwffan99tx
    700 posts Semi-Pro
    Dutch3723 wrote: »
    I scored quite a few headed goals this WL, seemed like it had been made a bit more powerful?

I've been doing it all year. Doesn't seem anything has changed to me. For whatever reason that is my preferred way to score. Maybe because its different from what most people do.
  • Phyan
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero
    They're too inconsistent for me to rely on as a goal source. I was using TOTS Cavani and Lemar this past WL and I must of put in about 30/40 crosses and didn't get anything from it but yet when I sub in Giovinco he's had a few from corners.
  • wwffan99tx
    700 posts Semi-Pro
    Phyan wrote: »
    They're too inconsistent for me to rely on as a goal source. I was using TOTS Cavani and Lemar this past WL and I must of put in about 30/40 crosses and didn't get anything from it but yet when I sub in Giovinco he's had a few from corners.

I would think TOTS Cavani would be money on headers. My top 3 ST's to use are TIF Benteke, Bday Ramos, and IF Giroud. Also Laca and Griezmann are pretty good but not as consistent.
  • aberry1000
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    it's been nulled to useless

you either get a dodgy cross that goes nowhere or you just get out muscled for the header or if you do get the header then it will miss.

Used to love crossing but don't even bother now
  • Clancy
    7757 posts League Winner
    i score headers almost every match. TOTS modeste is fantastic
  • Phyan
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero
    wwffan99tx wrote: »

I would think TOTS Cavani would be money on headers. My top 3 ST's to use are TIF Benteke, Bday Ramos, and IF Giroud. Also Laca and Griezmann are pretty good but not as consistent.
    Yeah it's weird I use big CB's too and I think both have chipped in with about 5/6 goals with 100's of games played. It's far more beneficial to dribble to line and drill it into the box. It's tedious considering a good percentage of goals scored in WL are the same but it works, that and across the keeper shots are normally a goal.
  • wwffan99tx
    700 posts Semi-Pro
    wwffan99tx wrote: »

Yeah it's weird I use big CB's too and I think both have chipped in with about 5/6 goals with 100's of games played. It's far more beneficial to dribble to line and drill it into the box. It's tedious considering a good percentage of goals scored in WL are the same but it works, that and across the keeper shots are normally a goal.

Yeah, the dribble to the line crap works but is so boring after watching it time and time again.

And yes, Modeste is another in the box Beast.

• Jason1986
    7085 posts Big Money Move
    Went through a spell of scoring quite a few headers with TOTS Costa, but for me, scoring headers is just based on luck more than judgement.

Very rarely does my striker try to lose his defender when I'm in a crossing positions and I've noticed that forwards never ever make a run in front of a defender, for any sort of cross. Then you have the problem of 90% of crosses just being cut out by the keeper.

I think because most of the time all passes tend to give the opposition a chance of intercepting or closing down the receiver too easily. How often do you see an easy through ball over hit and your forward literally gets to the ball just as the keeper smothers it?
  • Phyan
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    Went through a spell of scoring quite a few headers with TOTS Costa, but for me, scoring headers is just based on luck more than judgement.

Very rarely does my striker try to lose his defender when I'm in a crossing positions and I've noticed that forwards never ever make a run in front of a defender, for any sort of cross. Then you have the problem of 90% of crosses just being cut out by the keeper.

I think because most of the time all passes tend to give the opposition a chance of intercepting or closing down the receiver too easily. How often do you see an easy through ball over hit and your forward literally gets to the ball just as the keeper smothers it?
    Happens to me all the time that, and then there's times where I see a free man out wide and power it a substantial amount and it will barely dribble to the player. Proper annoying. IMO the passing stat is one of the most useless things in the game, the amount of pin point passes Renato has picked out against me is unreal.
  • hayhor1
    14649 posts World Class
    I love headers. And crosses to the players foot.
  • Keepers always catch my crosses.
  • potato_hater
    2516 posts Fans' Favourite
    Keepers always catch my crosses.

• balErik
    945 posts Professional
    I think crosses are **** in this game, so random even when you have the easiest crossing chance ever. But I do try them in every game, and score a few.
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    Clancy wrote: »

This, been using various incarnations of Modeste for a few months and he's a tank, reason headers suck for everyone else is everyone uses small fast weak strikers, pace is over used and over powered for those that lack creativity
  • wwffan99tx
    700 posts Semi-Pro
    Clancy wrote: »

This, been using various incarnations of Modeste for a few months and he's a tank, reason headers suck for everyone else is everyone uses small fast weak strikers, pace is over used and over powered for those that lack creativity

True.

• hayhor1
    14649 posts World Class
    I also really enjoy the wife's headers ;)
  • Aqeel87
    2853 posts Fans' Favourite
    89 Icardi is the best header. Always scores for me.
  • hayhor1
    14649 posts World Class
    Aqeel87 wrote: »
    89 Icardi is the best header. Always scores for me.

I have the 88. he is amazing