A Conspiracy Theory about the FIFA18 announcement

1
Gerdinho90
258 posts Sunday League Hero
edited June 2017
Hey guys,

since the official announcement of FIFA18, FIFA17 is now more unplayable than ever before. I think this is all planned. By making FIFA17 even worse than it was already, it now reached the point of being completely unresponsive even at 5 bar connection.

I think EA changed something again in order to hype up the desire to pre-order FIFA18. These instances happened also in previous FIFA titles. Whenever a new FIFA was announced, the current FIFA got worse and worse.

It all makes sense though: FIFA Points sales are decreasing since FIFA17 is coming to an end. Now, more revenue has to be generated through other ways. They are very intelligent to generate revenue. Really have to appreciate their business minds.

This WL was the most unresponsive I've ever played since its inception. Finished top 100 the week before. But the last WL had a 1 second button delay in all 40 games, reaching 33 wins nevertheless.

Today I played seasons hoping to get fluid gameplay at least in this mode ( which usually was the case). But even there, at 5 bar connection, the gameplay was completely delayed. Players always take 2-3 extra touches before they pass. Direct passing is not possible anymore.

The only thing that works in FIFA17 right now is to hold the L2 button whenever you have the ball. There is no other way to create chances anymore, I seriously don't get it.

Can someone of you tell me your experiences with respect to what I stated? I think it's not too far fetched and makes perfectly sense from a business point of view. If FIFA had competition, FIFA17 would improve over the year, but a monopoly can abuse its position.

Comments

  • GoodnightIrene
    4194 posts National Call-Up
    Didn't read it but just came in to say 'conspiration'.
  • Gerdinho90
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    Didn't read it but just came in to say 'conspiration'.

    thank you, did not pay attention to my wording out of rage
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    So to get people hyped for 18 they made 17 worse?

    It's like Mcdonald's trying to hype their new burger by making the old one give everyone diarrhea.
  • AIeks
    5080 posts Big Money Move
    So... You're saying that EA make the game more unplayable on purpose in order to get people to pre-order FIFA 18?
  • Gerdinho90
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    So to get people hyped for 18 they made 17 worse?

    It's like Mcdonald's trying to hype their new burger by making the old one give everyone diarrhea.

    McDonald's has competition though.

    With FIFA it's a different story. People buy the next FIFA with the hope of having a better game. If FIFA17 had responsive gameplay, EA could not advertise FIFA18 with their new "animation technology" which makes the game more responsive and "explosive".

    They emphasize the flaws of FIFA17 by altering the game without telling the people and then market FIFA18 exactly addressing this issue.

    If FIFA17 had responsive gameplay, a lot pople would probably still play FIFA17 even after release of 18. In order to prevent that, they have to destroy FIFA17 on purpose, giving no other option not to buy FIFA18 (if you are a football fan and like football games, sadly there is only one game on the market. PES is pure garbage).

  • DonKing
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 2017
    Two things.

    One - it's tots, they'll make the most money now than any other time of year.

    Two - If they made game play worse at the end, wouldn't people be put off buying fifa 18! Doesn't make business sense.

    Gameplay has been ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from the beginning, not just this game week buddy.
  • AIeks
    5080 posts Big Money Move
    Jfc :joy:
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    when_someone_is_way_off.gif
  • Gerdinho90
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    MaTaDoRz wrote: »
    So... You're saying that EA make the game more unplayable on purpose in order to get people to pre-order FIFA 18?

    Yes that is what I think. Just look at the PC platform. They release a patch which completely destroyed the game. Conincidently, this happened around the time when FIFA18 was officially announced.
  • REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 2017
    Think you've looked in to the whole thing a bit too far pal
  • Marleigh
    2295 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gerdinho90 wrote: »
    MaTaDoRz wrote: »
    So... You're saying that EA make the game more unplayable on purpose in order to get people to pre-order FIFA 18?

    Yes that is what I think. Just look at the PC platform. They release a patch which completely destroyed the game. Conincidently, this happened around the time when FIFA18 was officially announced.

    ANd they have also stated they know something went wrong and they're looking into it. It clearly wasn't on purpose
  • Gerdinho90
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    DonKing wrote: »
    Two things.

    One - it's tots, they'll make the most money now than any other time of year.

    Two - If they made game play worse at the end, wouldn't people be put off buying fifa 18! Doesn't make business sense.

    Gameplay has been **** from the beginning, not just this game week buddy.

    One - If you look at the lightning rounds, not even all of them are purchased anymore. The lightning rounds at the first months of fifa17 were gone instantly in comparison.

    Two - People would not buy FIFA18 if there was enough competition (based on having a bad FIFA17). But right now there is not really another option to play football with longevity (which FUT now offers with WL and SBCs). But gameplay wise, they have to cripple the current game in order to market their next FIFA better.

    I cannot prove it of course, but this is what I experienced throughout FIFA 10-17 so far. Whenever a new FIFA got announced, the current FIFA got worse.

    You can also compare FIFA17 in the first months to now. The gameplay in the first months was way more fluid than now.
  • Gerdinho90
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    Marleigh wrote: »
    Gerdinho90 wrote: »
    MaTaDoRz wrote: »
    So... You're saying that EA make the game more unplayable on purpose in order to get people to pre-order FIFA 18?

    Yes that is what I think. Just look at the PC platform. They release a patch which completely destroyed the game. Conincidently, this happened around the time when FIFA18 was officially announced.

    ANd they have also stated they know something went wrong and they're looking into it. It clearly wasn't on purpose

    This might be right, but in the short term, they probably gained a lot of pre-orders in doing so. They basically have to acknowledge that the patch destroyed the game. Maybe I'm just blind due to the rage this game induces onto me.

    At this point I am not surprised about anything EA does with FIFA. This thread is just a result of the fact that EA refuses to communicate any changes of the game etc.
  • nitraw
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gerdinho90 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

    since the official announcement of FIFA18, FIFA17 is now more unplayable than ever before. I think this is all planned. By making FIFA17 even worse than it was already, it now reached the point of being completely unresponsive even at 5 bar connection.

    I think EA changed something again in order to hype up the desire to pre-order FIFA18. These instances happened also in previous FIFA titles. Whenever a new FIFA was announced, the current FIFA got worse and worse.

    It all makes sense though: FIFA Points sales are decreasing since FIFA17 is coming to an end. Now, more revenue has to be generated through other ways. They are very intelligent to generate revenue. Really have to appreciate their business minds.

    This WL was the most unresponsive I've ever played since its inception. Finished top 100 the week before. But the last WL had a 1 second button delay in all 40 games, reaching 33 wins nevertheless.

    Today I played seasons hoping to get fluid gameplay at least in this mode ( which usually was the case). But even there, at 5 bar connection, the gameplay was completely delayed. Players always take 2-3 extra touches before they pass. Direct passing is not possible anymore.

    The only thing that works in FIFA17 right now is to hold the L2 button whenever you have the ball. There is no other way to create chances anymore, I seriously don't get it.

    Can someone of you tell me your experiences with respect to what I stated? I think it's not too far fetched and makes perfectly sense from a business point of view. If FIFA had competition, FIFA17 would improve over the year, but a monopoly can abuse its position.

    yea there's lag in the game. but i never experience it when i have a green connection with someone. so i guess you're the only one who's experiencing this problem. or most likely its in your head and you want to find something to blame for it. my 1 time passes work great. my guys respond when i'm shooting or passing. nobody is taking 2-3 extra touches (come on now)
  • TKBC
    3035 posts National Call-Up
    Gerdinho90 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

    since the official announcement of FIFA18, FIFA17 is now more unplayable than ever before. I think this is all planned. By making FIFA17 even worse than it was already, it now reached the point of being completely unresponsive even at 5 bar connection.

    I think EA changed something again in order to hype up the desire to pre-order FIFA18. These instances happened also in previous FIFA titles. Whenever a new FIFA was announced, the current FIFA got worse and worse.

    It all makes sense though: FIFA Points sales are decreasing since FIFA17 is coming to an end. Now, more revenue has to be generated through other ways. They are very intelligent to generate revenue. Really have to appreciate their business minds.

    This WL was the most unresponsive I've ever played since its inception. Finished top 100 the week before. But the last WL had a 1 second button delay in all 40 games, reaching 33 wins nevertheless.

    Today I played seasons hoping to get fluid gameplay at least in this mode ( which usually was the case). But even there, at 5 bar connection, the gameplay was completely delayed. Players always take 2-3 extra touches before they pass. Direct passing is not possible anymore.

    The only thing that works in FIFA17 right now is to hold the L2 button whenever you have the ball. There is no other way to create chances anymore, I seriously don't get it.

    Can someone of you tell me your experiences with respect to what I stated? I think it's not too far fetched and makes perfectly sense from a business point of view. If FIFA had competition, FIFA17 would improve over the year, but a monopoly can abuse its position.


    are you 8 years old?
  • chosenone
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    gameplay has been terrible for a while, since the first patch. It has been worse since TOTS was released and even worse this weekend because its la liga tots and everyone is hyped about packing Messi............'s teammates Alcacer and Rafinha. Server overload that's all. Play at night especially Sunday night and you will find better gameplay.
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2017
    The game has been patched 9 TIMES

    It's pretty clear it's bad and just gets worse as it goes.

    However it will undoubtedly top last years sales and they've probably already took a gazillion pre orders for 18.
  • Gerdinho90
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gromit wrote: »
    The game has been patched 9 TIMES

    It's pretty clear it's bad and just gets worse as it goes.

    However it will undoubtedly top last years sales and they've probably already took a gazillion pre orders for 18.

    and in these 9 patches you barely could understand what they actually changed. All we know is it got worse and worse. For me, the game also changes completely whenever they do their scheduled maintenance (happening at Tuesday i think?). That's when those "stealth" patches arrive I suppose.
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    REID_ARMY wrote: »
    Think you've looked in to the whole thing a bit too far pal
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    If I understand you correctly, you think EA purposely made their game worse in order to get people to buy the game again?
  • Gerdinho90
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    TeamRem wrote: »
    If I understand you correctly, you think EA purposely made their game worse in order to get people to buy the game again?

    Sounds paradox, but yes that's what I think. This only works in a monopoly, where players have no other alternative. Let's be honest, PES is a joke of a game.

    But FIFA actually has the potential to be something way better than what we have at the moment . This is actually the "mechanic" that works here: by making the players hope for a better FIFA, you entice them to purchase the next iteration. Just make the current iteration worse than ever so people can't wait to try a new FIFA.
  • Snugglebites
    2627 posts Fans' Favourite
    Or they just messed up the update, which, considering it's EA, is very likely.
  • CtldChaos
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    Or they just messed up the update, which, considering it's EA, is very likely.

    Yeah don't mean to state the obvious on this.... but which is more likely?

    EA decided to try and sell MORE FIFA 18 by ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off the most dedicated FIFA 17 players by intentionally screwing the gameplay

    OR

    EA tech teams competency level in distributed computing systems is somewhere below a chimp throwing feces and they simply screwed up the most recent update

  • RayS
    35174 posts World Cup Winner
    Or they just messed up the update, which, considering it's EA, is very likely.

    why does this guy always write in all italics. it makes me feel like he's whispering or that I'm reading his flow of consciousness
  • KingBarca
    469 posts Sunday League Hero
    yeah no

    They made more money with Fifa17 than ever before with any Fifa
    More people played Fifa than ever and invested more than ever

    Fifa18 will just trounce that achievement totally and sell even more copies of the game + more people will invest cause now "Legends" are everywhere + they have a custom Switch Version.
    Alone the Marketing Deal with Playstation will make sure Fifa18 will sell over 30 Million Units this time cause they will go ham on the advertising together with Sony in Europe and the upcoming WC.

    They could just rerelease Fifa17 and say "maybe we will patch it to Fifa18 but please buy it full price" and people will do that.
    They are untouchable and Fifa is growing with every year especially as long as they don't have a competitor.
  • Xx_iou_cheesecake_xX
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    :|
  • Oside Reds
    496 posts Sunday League Hero
    tenor.gif
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    edited June 2017
    The cola market has 2 main players, coca cola clearly the biggest, pepsi in behind.

    If coca cola started making their product intentionally worse ahead of the launch of a new improved coke, would it make anyone want the new coke more?

    Or would the consumer simply be turned off the brand and either drink the 2nd tier cola (pepsi), or maybe just stop drinking cola altogether.



    Stupid analogy, stupid conspiracy, stupid thread.
  • Rattius
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    I heard Vladimir Putin had heard EA (specifically Fifa 17) wanted to run against him so he has been going round shutting down servers to cause lag to there Campaign.
  • RayS
    35174 posts World Cup Winner
    Rattius wrote: »
    I heard Vladimir Putin had heard EA (specifically Fifa 17) wanted to run against him so he has been going round shutting down servers to cause lag to there Campaign.

    Running against him as President of Russia? wouldn't that be interesting if EA was president of Russia.
Sign In or Register to comment.