Cutbacks and low crosses

Rizzywizzy6786
190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Does anyone actually try to score a goal that isn't a cutback or a low cross? Seems like that's all I've come up against this whole WL.

Comments

• Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    I face people that literally don't do anything but cutbacks, they can have a very opportunity for a nice shot and still try to find someone and cutback
  • HishamAyman
    2717 posts Fans' Favourite
    Low crosses is stupid in the game
  • Baznotsobad76
    5062 posts Big Money Move
    It's what the Pros do because the success rate is higher doing that than it is from other types of shots..... And of course everyone copies the Pros....
  • BiigDee
    4329 posts National Call-Up
    Totally despise this. The amount of players that turn down a shooting opportunity to look for a cutback is embarrassing
  • vivalaram
    747 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Same here, constantly face it! Ones of the game breakers again for me. I faced one yesterday who did it at every opportunity and 70% went for a corner which he would take short, then pass back to the corner taker who put a pin point cross in, he scored twice and came close on a couple, I just couldn't stop him. This and the ridiculous rebounds are killing me, some of those go 20 yards and curl over the oppo on the other wing!
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2579 posts Fans' Favourite
    It drives me mad, surely it gets boring scoring the same old goal?

Why has this gone made this year, it's been in the game before but not to this level. Is it because of the use of R1 and X as opposed to triple tap square?
  • Halfhand2
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    All steams from the OP auto defending, if the Ai is going to auto tackle/block.
    Then peeps are going to bypass the middle and go around the back.

Ps I still attack the middle
  • Nauticius
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    When the opponent's keeper is doing god like saves, this is the way to score.
  • Jason1986
    6882 posts Big Money Move
    Nauticius wrote: »
    When the opponent's keeper is doing god like saves, this is the way to score.
    Exactly.

Blame the inconsistency of the game. Goalkeepers too often making miracle saves and forwards unable to hit the target. What's wrong with taking the better option for success?
  • JaguarKillz
    1086 posts Professional
    I don't care how people score, I only hate how it seem most people only using auto defending these days. It's lame and shouldn't even be a feature, you should be forced to change player if you clearly are not holding any directions down
  • RadioShaq
    14686 posts Moderator
    It's because this and during kickoff is the only time you have to manually defend. It's strange because everyone wants manual defense but when defense is manual it's the most complained about too.
  • Rizzywizzy6786
    Tbh this is why I've always preferred pro clubs to ut, at least u get a bit of variety there. But yeh, I 100% agree about the auto defend. Some people actuallly go a whole game without pressing circle or square to tackle
  • I always go for the screamer. On reflection this doesn't serve me well so I don't begrudge people scoring any type of goal.
  • Coderood
    1658 posts Fans' Favourite
    I do a lot of cutbacks. Dont blame me, blame the game. If Butland or Schmeichel didnt have superhuman reflexes, there would be no need for cutbacks.
  • Coderood wrote: »
    I do a lot of cutbacks. Dont blame me, blame the game. If Butland or Schmeichel didnt have superhuman reflexes, there would be no need for cutbacks.

Yesterday I had a full"highlights" replay page of butland saves. Hate that guy
  • hayhor1
    14039 posts Has That Special Something
    It's disgusting
  • Coderood
    1658 posts Fans' Favourite
    Coderood wrote: »

Yesterday I had a full"highlights" replay page of butland saves. Hate that guy

Yeah Butland in WL>> TOTY Neuer. That just shows how broken this game is. Yesterday he even saved a 3 shots rebound against me.
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    Does anyone actually try to score a goal that isn't a cutback or a low cross? Seems like that's all I've come up against this whole WL.

I think I'm the only person that can't score these, I've tried before cause it's an "easy" goal, but I just can't sweat it, so bad at scoring like this. I just go for a normal goal haha
  • hayhor1
    sounders3 wrote: »

I think I'm the only person that can't score these, I've tried before cause it's an "easy" goal, but I just can't sweat it, so bad at scoring like this. I just go for a normal goal haha

me too
  • Mini_Miudo
    9945 posts Has That Special Something

Same. Whenever I smash it low across the box, it goes to a defender. When my opponent does it, it finds Son in the middle of 3 defenders.
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something

Same. I rarely ever pull it off successfully, I also rarely get rebound goals but get scored on by rebounds almost every game
  • fifaplayerbol
    4320 posts National Call-Up
    Low crosses are easy to defend against if you have any defending ability. Use LB to allow your defender to move more easily to block the attacker and if he does a cutback as well.
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    blame the servers IMO. crosses are the best strategy to score when the game is lagging/connection is bad. It's impossible to time a real shot when the game is jittering and jumping, but crosses require less precise timing
  • Derryboy1893
    3535 posts National Call-Up

Me three
  • chosenone
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2017
    stop moaning, its fine. Get better at defending, if you keep moaning at little things, they will try to patch it and well you know how that ends up. They will probably make your players ignore the ball even more and players crash into each other and increase the delay.

Besides, if its sluggish and there's delay or the GK has a fantastic OP game diving the wrong way and still saving, this can be your only option sometimes.

If you can't defend it, you are not defending properly or the opponent is good at dribbling and if you can't score it, then know that its a skill that others have mastered and not as 'OP' as you think.
  • wwffan99tx
    700 posts Semi-Pro
    I very rarely use the low cross. I generally do a normal cross because I love to score on driven headers. Only way to get the ball past OP Butland is to cross in for the header. That seems to be his kryptonite.
  • Rizzywizzy6786
    The actual cutback isn't the issue. It's the fact that if that's the ONLY way certain people can score, where's the actual fun?
  • hayhor1
    The actual cutback isn't the issue. It's the fact that if that's the ONLY way certain people can score, where's the actual fun?

Exactly. If someone plays in different ways and then does that once and scores its not a big deal. But doing the same OP thing over and over and over is the issue.
  • Jason1986
    6882 posts Big Money Move
    Or maybe that's a weakness in the oppositions defending and they're just exploiting it to good effect?

If you can't deal with me getting to the by line and drilling the ball across goal that's your problem.
  • Rizzywizzy6786
    Like I said, I don't actually have a problem with it. It is easy to defend as most people do it. But like others have acknowledged, there are other ways to score