How much does team matter in WL?

Legends.1878
3646 posts National Call-Up
I know the likes of Hashtag Harry can 40-0 with a bronze team but for regular players how much do you think the team and players matter?

Comments

• Retro_G
    30388 posts National Team Captain
    edited June 2017
    All depends on the gameplay. When it's smooth, responsive the big guns will make the difference. When it's slow, sluggish, you might aswell be using bronzes.
  • deelio
    437 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Most people I faced this week had 2/3 tots cards or red cards and 90% of people use son, if you don't have a decent team expect to get battered. Sick of tackling Son only for the ball to rebound back to him. Just got gold 3 last guy I beat had 6 tots players, 89 son and subbed on Ronaldo ffs
  • RWU
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    80% team 20% skill

I used to say it's 90% skill but those tots players are game changer

• Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    RWU wrote: »
    80% team 20% skill

Absolute bollocks!.... If you used a full TOTS team, Harry or Tass would beat you with a full bronze team...
  • reddevildanne
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I would say the CTs are extremely important. But of course the player holding the controller has the biggest impact. But the CTs along with some OP formations have way to much impact on this game, since the AI defending is so OP.

If EA really wanna make it competetive, CTs shouldnt exist in FUT Champs. Since its broken, you can play Park the bus and High pressure together which pretty much shouldnt be possible.
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    RWU wrote: »
    80% team 20% skill

Other way around buddy
  • Aspral
    3523 posts National Call-Up
    I usually play with a team worth a value of 1.5mill. I usually get 28 wins.

This time I used one worth under 100k. Dutch league. 25 wins and 3-4 disconnects when I was winning.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    As I'm getting better, I am finding that player quality does make a difference.

For example, my main team is a Serie A hybrid side as follows:

4231 (narrow)
    SBC Buffon
    TOTY Alves, MoM Koulibaly, IF Tonelli, MoM Sandro
    SBC De Rossi, SBC Parolo
    TOTS Pulisic, SBC Hamsik, SBC Insigne
    TOTS Ibrahimovic

Now, I have a number of the Xmas SBC cards (De Rossi, Hamsik, Insigne, Buffon), plus IF Tonelli. I've had them for a while and find when push comes to shove, they are now below-par. No point upgrading now, will wait for TOTS.

My second team, Ligue 1 now feels much more capable:

4231 (narrow)
    TOTS Subasic
    TOTS Pereira, TOTS Marquinhos, SBC Perrin, SBC Kurzawa
    TOTS Fabinho, TOTS Bakayoko
    SBC Lacazette, TOTS Cyprien, AW Mbappe Lottin
    AW Cavani

...although, I do notice that Perrin in defence is sometimes a liability (another I've had for a while). So much so in fact, I thinking of upgrading him to his TOTS card or playing Fabinho in defence and bringing in Boudebouz.

Clearly, connection is king. If the game is horrendous, you have no chance. When the game is fine however, I can tell the difference in players.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    80% skill 20% team. That being said, connection is important.

Ronaldo might be OP but if you're **** at the game, he's not going to do anything, however you can LB+Y him the whole game and he'll probably score a goal
  • CounterLicious
    1071 posts Professional
    edited June 2017
    Retro_G wrote: »
    All depends on the gameplay. When it's smooth, responsive the big guns will make the difference. When it's slow, sluggish, you might aswell be using bronzes.

This. Lag completely changes the outcome of your WL. When I notice a weekend with: I change to a team with very agile players. Just to compensate for the unresponsiveness.