The DNF system needs an overhaul

Aspral
3797 posts National Call-Up
Multiple times this WL I've been 2-5 goals up on my opponent and the EA servers cut out and give me a loss.

This is not in any way my fault as everything is fine on my end. But I and multiple others get punished for the servers?

If you're 2-3+ goals up on your opponent and you lose connection it shouldn't count as a loss in the WL.

Why in any way would someone quit 3+ goals up? Especially for Pro players who can qualify for money tournaments.

Comments

• iNero
    807 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah if your winning you shouldn't get a loss
    Infact just fix the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ servers
  • DinoATL
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Exactly what I've been saying, why would someone quit while they are 1 goal never mind 5 goals. It should be while you are leading and you get disconnected the game shouldn't count. Its still unfair but that would be better
  • Razorback86
    658 posts Semi-Pro
    They should add an actual forfeit, where if your opponent agrees, you can end the game early mutually. Would save a lot of time all around.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    It's your fault though, you're more than likely only winning because your connection is unstable, your opponent is getting the short end of the stick with delay ridden gameplay. Put your console in the DMZ, get an open nat type and use an ethernet cable.
  • Aspral
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »
    It's your fault though, you're more than likely only winning because your connection is unstable, your opponent is getting the short end of the stick with delay ridden gameplay. Put your console in the DMZ, get an open nat type and use an ethernet cable.

My connection is as good as it could be for FIFA... I don't know how you can say that without any sort of information about it.

It's not just me. You can see so many people being booted. Youtubers, streamers and so on. They don't have awful connections that deserve to be booting them from games.

Even when I get the "short end of the stick" against someone. I don't concede 5 goals because of it.
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    It's not a connection.
    Game packets use a connection less protocol