Attribute cards in FUT Champions rant (Cont)

Eddieww
522 posts An Exciting Prospect
Given the out and out success of my last rant about this (See my second most recent thread) I thought I'd do another.

After complaining about how stupid attribute cards were in weekend leagues they were banned (rejoice). SO WHY ARE THEY IN THE QUALIFIERS?!?

Especially now more than ever, there are 87-90 rated cards on the line for winning these tournaments so people are obviously going to want the highest chances of winning them, which is something they cn boost by using these steroid cards. Yet Person X (me) can't see they have them until it's too late to do anything about it, leaving me at a disadvantage and making the competition overall unfair. (I understand everyong has different team-qualities so perfect balance isn't possible, but at least this helps).

Proposed solutions:

Get rid of attribute cards (not happening, but my favourite idea tbf)

Make attribute cards ineligible for qualifying tournaments (increasing game balance and keeping the format consistent right from the first kick up until LAN tournaments)

Limit the amount applyable at one time (e.g. only one player can be boosted per match, still gives them a function even if it is less valuable but nerfs them so there are less instances of HULK XI running around my Fratton Park)

rant over, tl:dr I couldn't care less it's not even long just read it

PS EA if you can see my initial rat them Rob/Paul can reply to my PMs, it's only been 6 months <3

Comments

• Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    Honestly, I get why this is annoying but I have almost never seen anybody using these?
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    Tbh they make very little difference if your going to beat someone you will do it with or without attribute cards and I could count on 1 hand how many times I've came up against them in close to 3000 games.
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    edited June 2017
    As far as I know @Rob isn't around anymore. After the devs EA have also banned any community rep from the forums. Not that rob was useful anyways..

Communication is dead. Long live the cashcow!
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    Attribute cards are useless, make cards play really unbalanced - they were good in FIFA 12 days, attribute card glitch was alright I guess once upon a time.

Played a handful of people using them this year, played 800 games odd on UT.
  • Eddieww
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Liam W wrote: »
    Honestly, I get why this is annoying but I have almost never seen anybody using these?

I've literally had two finals in a row against attirbute card XI's, lost both AET (cry face)
  • Diggy
    15572 posts World Class
    Just pray they are eliminated in FIFA 18
  • Markusnasty
    730 posts Semi-Pro
    Eddieww wrote: »
    Liam W wrote: »

I've literally had two finals in a row against attirbute card XI's, lost both AET (cry face)

If you can't beat em Join em...
  • Richehb1
    997 posts Professional
    Tbf during sigurdsson tourney i believe i got so desperate (was my 4th final and had lost all 3 on pens even though i dive right way but my keeper doesnt save them) that i used attribute cards ive stockpiled over fifa- only bronze +5 ONES, but imo they made a huge difference to the feel of the team
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    17077 posts World Class
    Attribute cards should be replaced with something different in 18, it's too unrealistic anyway
  • RadioShaq
    19815 posts Moderator
    Should also ban all informs tots totys ect in competitive. They are unrealistic and worse than attribute cards. Ea has started limiting them and that's a step in the right direction.