How to handle high pressure.

Brandnu1
37 posts Park Captain
edited June 2017
Im an average player on this game, win some, lose some but I can't get past div 4! I know some people have the knack and are better than me but to nearly always title div 5 then hit div 4 and draw just 1 then lose the other 9 is crazy right? I know probs gonna get slaughtered for not knowing stuff but it feels a little for this to happen all the time..

Comments

• SuperJames9005
    1720 posts Play-Off Hero
    Play wider, use skill and quick pass.
  • Brandnu1
    37 posts Park Captain

I'm using 4-3-1-2
  • BiigDee
    4687 posts Big Money Move
    I have the exact problem. I don't play with wingers and feel like I need to again. I use 4312 and my players ain't moving. I played opp with same formation and lesser players and he was murdering me. Wide runners, on me like a rash and cutting down my passes. I just do t know how to get my squad to play like this as instructions don't appear to be working. When I changed to this formation I got to Div 1 but now with better (much) better players it isn't working
  • ZizioGardo
    1437 posts Professional
    Brandnu1 wrote: »

I'm using 4-3-1-2

Try using 4-3-3 (4). Your players will create much more space on the field than in the 4-3-1-2, and that will make your counter attacks very dangerous.
  • Yetko
    503 posts Sunday League Hero
    play quick and clever passes,master holding the ball and dont miss chances(low driven shots)
    When i learnt low driven shots and how to deal with high pressure i became a regular div1 player,
    Gold 2 player at WL
  • xX78sXx
    59 posts Park Captain
    I hate to say it, but learn to shield like an a**hole and you'll be fine.
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    Shield - play a passing game - WIDTH WIDTH WIDTH

4312 is 1 dimensional and relies on ping pong passing through middle of the pitch.

If you get the passing game down well with a wingers formation, you can progress up through the divisions alot more successfully - it is possible to play patiently and play the same way nearly every game, the main difference is having good enough players to consistently manage this.
  • tatadwader
    2423 posts Fans' Favourite
    try 5212. It's wide and kind of like 4312 as well.

Fullbacks on overlap.

Pressure and long passing in the 60s, aggression in the 70s.
  • tatadwader
    Plus it's more fun than 4312, especially if you like crossing.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dupree
    338 posts Sunday League Hero
    guys you need to anticipate the game faster pass quicker be 2 steps ahead of ur opponent
  • Ovo23
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    quick one touch passing and after each pass immediately press L2 /LT before receiving the ball
  • Gromit
    4821 posts National Call-Up
    Im an average player on this game, win some, lose some but I can't get past div 4! I know some people have the knack and are better than me but to nearly always title div 5 then hit div 4 and draw just 1 then lose the other 9 is crazy right? I know probs gonna get slaughtered for not knowing stuff but it feels a little for this to happen all the time..

You sound like me. I breeze 5 but rarely win more than 3 in Div 4. I can hold, but not win promotion.

It just seems to play faster, you get swarmed by players constantly.
  • truegunn3r
    10363 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2017
    When your attacker is about to receive the ball immediately pass back (LB+A), chances are quite high your opponent will push a defender out as they are pressing like mad. Then time the lob through pass correctly, and you should be on goal. Difficult to master but effective.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2017
    Gromit wrote: »
    When your attacker is about to receive the ball immediately pass back (LB+A), chances are quite high your opponent will push a defender out as they are pressing like mad. Time the lob through correctly, and you should be on goal. Difficult to master but effective.
    it doesn't work because if there is any defender in the proximity he will get auto guided to LB+Y (body position or momentum doesn't matter)

• truegunn3r
    10363 posts Has That Special Something
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    When your attacker is about to receive the ball immediately pass back (LB+A), chances are quite high your opponent will push a defender out as they are pressing like mad. Then time the lob through pass correctly, and you should be on goal. Difficult to master but effective.

There's more. Even if you can't score like that, chances are your opponent will start easing off allowing you to move around more freely.
  • Brandnu1
    37 posts Park Captain
    Nice one for all the replies people ✌
  • Brandnu1
    37 posts Park Captain
    Gromit wrote: »

You sound like me. I breeze 5 but rarely win more than 3 in Div 4. I can hold, but not win promotion.

It just seems to play faster, you get swarmed by players constantly.

Yeah mate, the speed of the game just goes through the roof! Even if shield and try to slow things down sterling will butt ❤️❤️❤️❤️ my tots glusokov and basically murder him then it's another goal for them somehow..

My first game in div 5 last night, scored a hat trick in the 20 mins and matey rage quits! Can't even win a game properly
  • Brandnu1
    37 posts Park Captain
    tatadwader wrote: »

Fullbacks on overlap.

Tried it, liked it. Going to keep using it for a while and see how it goes. Cheers for the advice.
  • tatadwader
    tatadwader wrote: »

Fullbacks on overlap.

Tried it, liked it. Going to keep using it for a while and see how it goes. Cheers for the advice.

No prob.

It may not be as effective as the more narrow formations in the long run, but I enjoy playing more with the pitch opened up.
  • Slinskie
    18 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Div 4 and 3 is full of kids who just double man pressure with rb and then spam through balls after taking the ball. best thing to do is get into a rythm with slow passing. Take your time i hardly ever use sprint. Use shielding when moving the ball to your forwards pass back also fake shot stop face up dribbling is extremely effective