TOTS Jonas. Please EA!

SH999
733 posts Semi-Pro
Apologies all, but just needed to vent! I don't have time to spend my whole day trying to snipe one. This is a joke. A 93 card with a 250k max? Did EA let the summmer interns make that decision?

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    67038 posts Moderator
    Took me 5 1/2 hours to get one :joy:
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13882 posts Moderator
    SH999 wrote: »
    Apologies all, but just needed to vent! I don't have time to spend my whole day trying to snipe one. This is a joke. A 93 card with a 250k max? Did EA let the summmer interns make that decision?

Summer interns > actual employees imo
  • Whoman
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    There should be an option to get any player straight from EA at his upper price range limit as untradable and/or with the price range then "frozen" for us.
  • Orison
    44109 posts International Superstar
    Took me 3mins to get one for 192k. Don't let dreams be dreams. You can do it.
  • RedArmyDoof
    1342 posts Professional
    TBF can't blame them

These are leagues that you don't expect a lot of hype for, not many people actually used the particular league IFs and also his 88 is >30k.
    I wouldn't have thought he'd be expected to be >250k..
  • Ian_Ando08
    6798 posts Big Money Move
    took me 3 gold upgrades to get one feels good ;)
  • InebriatedBison
    60 posts Park Captain
    I'm guessing there will be more available at the weekend after everyone opens WL reward packs. I'm guessing a lot of people are saving packs until the Friday Tots release
  • P1stolpete187
    5926 posts Big Money Move
    im looking for Semedo but had no joy yet
  • Whoman

Jonas actually surprises me a little, was thinking he'd be a 150k card at most. Sure, the pace is now over 80 which might be an imaginary barrier, but his last IF was 20k ...

Semedo on the other hand ? Utterly predictable that he going to generate some demand with those stats (and Pace ...) ...
  • Crossland
    6410 posts Big Money Move
    Sniped Tots Jonas last night to say I was disappointed is an understatement doesn't feel any better than his IF's,it's like he hasn't got that pace upgrade feels very slow,got out fast on him whilst I could
  • RedArmyDoof
    1342 posts Professional
    Whoman wrote: »

Jonas actually surprises me a little, was thinking he'd be a 150k card at most. Sure, the pace is now over 80 which might be an imaginary barrier, but his last IF was 20k ...

Semedo on the other hand ? Utterly predictable that he going to generate some demand with those stats (and Pace ...) ...

My point exactly.
    His last IFs have all been really cheap (<30k) so the fact people actually want >250k for him just highlights the crazy TOTS pricing going on.

• WFCBagnall
    67038 posts Moderator

My point exactly.
    His last IFs have all been really cheap (<30k) so the fact people actually want >250k for him just highlights the crazy TOTS pricing going on.

He's a 93 rated striker. 250k is really cheap for him.
  • Boabdust
    4658 posts National Call-Up
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

My point exactly.

• Whoman

My point exactly.

to be fair there is also a couple more nice links now (heck, even a guy like Talisca from the Super Lig) and there have been crap packs in the store and maybe the least attractive of the big TOTS to go along with it. In any case the issue isn't with what people want for him, but a mix of what people will pay and the rarity of him.
  • maxwms
    2519 posts Fans' Favourite
    SH999 wrote: »

Summer interns > actual employees imo

• Crossland
    6410 posts Big Money Move

My point exactly.

Bad Dost is a 92 and he's 80K
  • RedArmyDoof
    1342 posts Professional

My point exactly.

Higuain has a 93 ST card selling for far less than 250k
    :/
  • RedArmyDoof
    1342 posts Professional
    EA is not gonna set a range based on rating alone.
    League and previous special card pricing will also play a hand and having his 88 card <30k meant he was never gonna be ranged too high
  • Stordy
    1458 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    took me 3 gold upgrades to get one feels good ;)

Slight brag! I love an untradable TOTS. The blue flair and then a walkout!!!
  • BernardLerring
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    He'll become available tomorrow, he's not worth 250k.
  • Realist
    3001 posts National Call-Up
    It's like motm sow all over again.....
  • Knowlesdinho
    9172 posts League Winner
    Hype will plummet and so will his price!
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah I wouldn't pay 250k for him. Not when sbc Cavani cost me like 100k.

He'll be down to 150k by Friday I would imagine; will probably try him and then get his Sif.
  • Whoman

He'll be down to 150k by Friday I would imagine; will probably try him and then get his Sif.

Not sure that's a valid comparison for most people ;) Cavani's TOTS is 600+ after all.

Anyway, it's likely not even hype but very few cards in circulation and once a player hits his price range people stop listing.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    16920 posts World Class
    Crossland wrote: »

My point exactly.

Bad Dost is a 92 and he's 80K

He also has 72 pace, 2 * skills and 3* weak foot though ;)
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite

Not sure that's a valid comparison for most people ;) Cavani's TOTS is 600+ after all.

Anyway, it's likely not even hype but very few cards in circulation and once a player hits his price range people stop listing.

Fair point but You'd have to be mad to pay that though tbh.

I think you're right about the lack of cards. People have been put off from opening packs because of the dreadful pack weight. Obviously lots have been opened but not in comparison to the amount of hype surrounding tots.
  • Whoman
    5 up right now gents ! @SH999

• SH999
    733 posts Semi-Pro
    5 up right now gents ! @SH999

Thanks mate. Got him.
  • Worm
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    If they increased pack weights some this wouldn't be an issue.
  • JoresOkore5
    1243 posts Professional
    None up now :(