How does chemistry styles actually work?

funkychill
108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
So, bit of noob question this. But i don't get how chem styles work. While ago i had my NIF Lukaku on Hunter and with that his pace should be upgraded from 82 to 94. But i swear he didn't feel like he's so pacy with hunter. In fact, i didn't noticed any change. Now i changed my TOTS Sigurdsson on Hunter as well, and his 75 pace should be upgraded up to 87 but still he doesn't feel so pacey.

Am i missing something here? Are those fitness coaches for that? Can someone explain this to me please. Cheers.

Comments

• BigKram
    757 posts Semi-Pro
    Chem styles are a myth
  • funkychill
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BigKram wrote: »
    Chem styles are a myth

that's what i thought as well
  • MysticM
    1064 posts Professional
    I wonder if that what we see on futbin and futhead with chem boosts if it is actually true.

I mean did EA ever comfirm that these chem increased stats are correct on futbin/wiz/head?, i dont think they have.
  • Dembelethat
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pack filler. No way would they actually work that well. Why would we need to buy informs if they really boosted lukaku up to 90 pace.
  • Java
    873 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 2017
    BigKram wrote: »
    Chem styles are a myth

I disagree. I played players with Finisher and then switched to Hunter. I noticed a huge difference on pace when the change happens. It's just that dribbling also matters when it comes to how fast a player feels. Engine is the best chem style to make players feel "pacey". By pacey, most people mean fast and agile players. Some can be fast and still turn like a rock, like Lukaku. He runs fast in a straight line but since he has terrible dribbling he will struggle to turn.

Btw, I have Sugurdsson with Hunter and he feels like 87 pace. I think you're just expecting 87 to feel like 95.
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    MysticM wrote: »
    I wonder if that what we see on futbin and futhead with chem boosts if it is actually true.

I mean did EA ever comfirm that these chem increased stats are correct on futbin/wiz/head?, i dont think they have.

The reason they are available is because EA released the formula and how they work at the beginning of the game. I think they do work but I think a base stat 90 acc or sprint will be faster than a base stat 80 acc or sprint that has been increased to 90 via chem style.
  • kohmi90
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    try it with your goalkeeper you'll see it works
  • Kristiyan
    79 posts Park Captain
    they do actually boost some of the stats but not nearly as much as futbin is suggesting, especially the pace with cards like hunter and so on for sure don't get 12 speed overall boost
  • ezb33
    569 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 2017
    They work but you cant notice the effects that much if you dont spend much time in the game..Because,for example there are only milliseconds between 80 and 90 pace in short distance in-game.
  • Only1United
    1417 posts Play-Off Hero
    You don't notice the difference because everyone of your opponents cards are boosted too so every card more or less feels the same in the end.
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Chem styles work, but big **** Lukaku will still be clunky and won't have Messi speed.

Also the futbin thing is not accurate.
  • hayhor1
    14544 posts Has That Special Something
    funkychill wrote: »
    So, bit of noob question this. But i don't get how chem styles work. While ago i had my NIF Lukaku on Hunter and with that his pace should be upgraded from 82 to 94. But i swear he didn't feel like he's so pacy with hunter. In fact, i didn't noticed any change. Now i changed my TOTS Sigurdsson on Hunter as well, and his 75 pace should be upgraded up to 87 but still he doesn't feel so pacey.

Am i missing something here? Are those fitness coaches for that? Can someone explain this to me please. Cheers.

Because with basic chem style he gets a boost. The card stats are not the real stats.