Why should we believe fifa 18 will be any better.

Gunin
278 posts Sunday League Hero
Just because they showed us a couple flashy videos on youtube? This game is garbage and people keep making excuses for this game it's stupid. Watch a real game at the professional level and then play this game it is complete garbage. You have no consistency to the game at all one game your players do what you want another game they just act stupid like they've only played the game once or twice in their lives. This has been going on with the Fifa franchise for 3 years now. I just wish you would either make a game where you put all your focus into making the game play realistic (at a professional level ) , or just give up the Fifa contract so someone else can make a game and we can actually control the players we like and not leave every game up to your notscripting #causeyouwillbanmefortellingthetruth #bu#llshit!!!

Comments

• Gunin
    P.S. Did you get your contract when that corrupt guy was president of Fifa ?
  • protzbischof
    2698 posts Fans' Favourite
    - Community always started crying when EA tried to push to game into a more realistic direction
    - 90% of the Community wants narrow formation + pace + through balls with LT+RT spamming to be the most effective way of playing

Thats why EA cant really do anything in terms of gameplay.
    In terms of stability/consistency I do agree that there is alot to improve.
  • Cornushon
    4520 posts National Call-Up
    I actually enjoyed both FIFA 16 and 17 at the start, they were slower, more like real football. Then update by update he turned into sheet for kids and stupid teenagers... Sad
  • Raider
    3453 posts National Call-Up
    do we really believe they will remove cheaters once and for all if they havent done that for the past 6 years? no way, come on its ea....
  • Zerk3R
    778 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 2017
    You can't have a realistic and competitive game at the same time, i don't know why is it so hard to understand for some people.
  • protzbischof
    edited June 2017
    Zerk3R wrote: »
    You can't have a realistic and competitive game at the same time, i don't know why is it so hard to understand for some people.

But we could easily have a more realistic and more competitive game.
    Roll back the game to its first version and force everyone to play full manual and you have a competitive game.
  • Raider

Roll back the game to its first version and force everyone to play full manual and you have a competitive game.

its not gonna happen because 5 year old kids wont be able to play = wont force their parents to buy FPs for them
  • protzbischof
    Raider wrote: »

its not gonna happen because 5 year old kids wont be able to play = wont force their parents to buy FPs for them

I know. Just saying its possible :D
  • Rucci
    1419 posts Professional
    edited June 2017
    do we really believe they will remove cheaters once and for all if they havent done that for the past 6 years? no way, come on its ea....

U know win10 will get internal anti cheat in the next build u cant start trainers etc, and u will need win 10 for fifa 18
    And this crying pc market is too expensive u have to pay more for players yes but on the other hand u get more coins for players so its the same , man i got 3.2 mill for debruyne tots on the 1 day this was a joke ^^
  • Raider
    Rucci wrote: »

U know win10 will get internal anti cheat in the next build u cant start trainers etc, and u will need win 10 for fifa 18
    And this crying pc market is too expensive u have to pay more for players yes but on the other hand u get more coins for players so its the same , man i got 3.2 mill for debruyne tots on the 1 day this was a joke ^^

somehow i doubt it will happen, if they can crack win10, they can also bypass this security check for trainers etc. they just need to make the use of servers instead p2p and put punkbuster on it or something similar
  • PDJEY
    1014 posts Professional

There's no way that's gonna be applied to FIFA. And even if it is, cheat devs find always a way around
  • Zerk3R
    778 posts Semi-Pro

That's not the problem, a game to be considered competitive has to follow some simple rules which FIFA clearly doesn't:

-P2W should be removed entirely but won't happen, FIFA has the maximum expression of P2W, the more you spend the more chance you have to get better players especially in the first weeks\months. Some other games (mostly free to play) have a microtransaction shop, in which you spend real money to get just skins, instead of earning a true in-game advantage like in FIFA. This point alone makes FIFA not competitive.

-You should be matched with people with the same squad rating as yours, in order to have a fair game. It's not fair for me to face 87 rated squads after 1 month, with my 82 rated squad, just because my opponent decided to spend his monthly paycheck on Fifa points. The entire WL system should be reworked in a way like Draft works, everyone with the same pool of players to choose during the weekend in order to have a fair competition.

-Game is not in full control of players, you can defend properly and still concede a goal due to rebounds or crazy deflections. In CS:GO if i one tap you with AK, i'll ALWAYS oneshot you, in FIFA the same shot won't have always the same outcome due to many factors that are beyond players control.

-Defending is too assisted and everyone can be successful at it no matter if you're silver of elite, i've never heard of a competitive first person shooter with a aimbot\wallhack perk allowed in game. That's why the only skill gap in this game, is how good you are to exploit defence AI most of times.

-EA need to be clear about how things really work, mechanics like stamina, chemistry, chemystry styles, substitutions, home\away, etc. and how the skill rating system works in WL.

• Raider

That's not the problem, a game to be considered competitive has to follow some simple rules which FIFA clearly doesn't:

-P2W should be removed entirely but won't happen, FIFA has the maximum expression of P2W, the more you spend the more chance you have to get better players especially in the first weeks\months. Some other games (mostly free to play) have a microtransaction shop, in which you spend real money to get just skins, instead of earning a true in-game advantage like in FIFA. This point alone makes FIFA not competitive.

-You should be matched with people with the same squad rating as yours, in order to have a fair game. It's not fair for me to face 87 rated squads after 1 month, with my 82 rated squad, just because my opponent decided to spend his monthly paycheck on Fifa points. The entire WL system should be reworked in a way like Draft works, everyone with the same pool of players to choose during the weekend in order to have a fair competition.

-Game is not in full control of players, you can defend properly and still concede a goal due to rebounds or crazy deflections. In CS:GO if i one tap you with AK, i'll ALWAYS oneshot you, in FIFA the same shot won't have always the same outcome due to many factors that are beyond players control.

-Defending is too assisted and everyone can be successful at it no matter if you're silver of elite, i've never heard of a competitive first person shooter with a aimbot\wallhack perk allowed in game. That's why the only skill gap in this game, is how good you are to exploit defence AI most of times.

-EA need to be clear about how things really work, mechanics like stamina, chemistry, chemystry styles, substitutions, home\away, etc. and how the skill rating system works in WL.

and we all no it wont happen so there is no hope for fifa tbh
  • Zerk3R
    778 posts Semi-Pro

and we all no it wont happen so there is no hope for fifa tbh

oh well game is still fun and keeps me interested all year thanks to WL, so i don't really mind. It just bothers me EA keep saying this game is competitive while it's not.
  • Rucci
    1419 posts Professional
    PDJEY wrote: »

There's no way that's gonna be applied to FIFA. And even if it is, cheat devs find always a way around

nothing to do with fifa alone. u just cant start hacks with games anymore on this build
  • Raider

nothing to do with fifa alone. u just cant start hacks with games anymore on this build

mate they crack pirated windows so microsoft sees it as legal software, do you think people wont bypass this if lots of $$ is at stake? no chance. EA needs to start using their own server with anticheat software, like everyother game, theres no other way
  • Rucci
    1419 posts Professional
    edited June 2017

mate they crack pirated windows so microsoft sees it as legal software, do you think people wont bypass this if lots of $$ is at stake? no chance. EA needs to start using their own server with anticheat software, like everyother game, theres no other way

i dont use any cracked version of windows cause u could upgrade for free ur windows 7 , Lets see how this anti cheat game mode works when its live looks promising, and its overall for all games
    and they are less cheaters around cause many are banned could play a whole draft without any cheater and a whole div 1 season they get baned very fast now. i heard someone got a ban in 24h after he used a trainer. But dont be fooled i play on ps4 too if u like to play drafts or seasons the no loss glitch is still there.
    but i just like to play on my pc on 5k resoultion Fifa looks stunning
  • Raider

i dont use any cracked version of windows cause u could upgrade for free ur windows 7 , Lets see how this anti cheat game mode works when its live looks promising, and its overall for all games
    and they are less cheaters around cause many are banned could play a whole draft without any cheater and a whole div 1 season they get baned very fast now. i heard someone got a ban in 24h after he used a trainer. But dont be fooled i play on ps4 too if u like to play drafts or seasons the no loss glitch is still there.
    but i just like to play on my pc on 5k resoultion Fifa looks stunning

i dont care about any promises they make, played this game for 6 years and they havent done anything with the cheaters throughout such a long period of time, they are aware of it for sure, yet decided to do nothing, users even told them how to deal with it, nothing happened, so I really wouldnt be so hyped up about it
  • Gunin
    edited June 2017

I don't care about a competitive game. Not all games are competitive in real life. If your playing someone as good as you it will be competitive. If your playing someone as good as you it should be competitive if they aren't as good as you then it shouldn't be competitive. There shouldn't be a handicap in fifa.
  • Smolarek325
    847 posts Semi-Pro
    I really liked 14 and 16 havent got many memories of 12 in 14 and 16 pace wasn't everything ok in 14 headers and streght were OP but at least it was something different, 13 and 15 were horrible 13 was pace galore and 15 the same + in 15 you could curve around the GK, I dont really know what to think of 17 is was good cause it isnt really anything or everything but with the hyper competitiveness this year there were still exploits etc we will see i guess
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    - Community always started crying when EA tried to push to game into a more realistic direction
    "realistic" as with more RNG elements you mean

• Brazil4fun
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite
    Game will be the same , better servers is all i want , we all know how high "icons" prices will be on PC , but now that we will have the same game in all platforms , buy a new console + pay for online is a no for me , when i can buy the game for $ 50 dollars , will save the money and upgrade my PC , if game is too much broken i will just move to another less addictive one
  • Raphiduck
    240 posts Sunday League Hero

But FIFA is neither realistic nor competitive.
    No game can be competitive with so much randomness in it. The best competitive video games are those where the players have an entire control, and where there is nothing left to random coinflips.
    FIFA is FULL of this. You absolutely need luck to be a good fifa player, skills are sometimes irrelevant.

And the game has nothing realistic. There are many stupid glitches that never happend in real life :
    - keeper going mental and letting the ball go over hes head without reactions
    - keepers in general do incredibly stupid stuff in game, actually
    - first-post corners working way too much
    - players doing dozens of skill moves in a row
    - players slaloming between defenders just because huge pace (only Messi and a very few others can do it IRL, but hundreds can do it in FIFA)
    - hip-breaking passes who arrive right where it was supposed, while IRL no one would even try the pass cause it's physically impossible.
    - tiki-taka with **** players who miraculously do perfect one-touch pass but can't control a ball IRL

I could continue for a very long time this list, but I have better stuff to do.

But no, FIFA is not realistic and is not competitive. It's just the less-worst football game on the market, that's why people play it, but it's still a crappy game, designed so kids can win games and make their parents spend money on it. The gameplay is awful and most people just abuse it to win with crappy goals instead of trying to produce a good football.

• Crow
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I disagree with the OP about football in the real world. I have watched football for decades and yes teams can play brilliant one week and rubbish the next week, even top clubs. Even Barca in their uncompetitive league can suffer where I do agree with you is the way EA implement this is shocking really.
    Good solid teams only play bad rarely. going by the EPL you get matches where both teams play well something you do get often in EA's FIFA. The underdog team winning in football is as old as football itself but in modern football even though it still happens is implemented in the game so badly.
    I don't want to see teams not playing well in FIFA as that would be ridiculous but I would like to see more realism and the best way for EA to achieve that imo is better stats for players both before the game starts and say in career mode progression. Chemistry can also play a part but these things need to take priority and not an after thought. FIFA is a video game so after you start your first match in game anything should be possible within reason. If you play a game for example and say Messi in your team doesn't play well then his stats should reflect that if he plays badly the next week the hit should be more and so you could have really good players suffering and at the same time have mediocre players getting good. This will affect the team but it has to be based on the players performance and not artificial like EA seems to want to do.
  • Gunin
    Crow wrote: »
    I disagree with the OP about football in the real world. I have watched football for decades and yes teams can play brilliant one week and rubbish the next week, even top clubs. Even Barca in their uncompetitive league can suffer where I do agree with you is the way EA implement this is shocking really.
    Good solid teams only play bad rarely. going by the EPL you get matches where both teams play well something you do get often in EA's FIFA. The underdog team winning in football is as old as football itself but in modern football even though it still happens is implemented in the game so badly.
    I don't want to see teams not playing well in FIFA as that would be ridiculous but I would like to see more realism and the best way for EA to achieve that imo is better stats for players both before the game starts and say in career mode progression. Chemistry can also play a part but these things need to take priority and not an after thought. FIFA is a video game so after you start your first match in game anything should be possible within reason. If you play a game for example and say Messi in your team doesn't play well then his stats should reflect that if he plays badly the next week the hit should be more and so you could have really good players suffering and at the same time have mediocre players getting good. This will affect the team but it has to be based on the players performance and not artificial like EA seems to want to do.

But not every other game ...... not at a professional level ..... Not if they wanna keep starting .