The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Seasons and DKT are like two different games to me

JGCramp
1387 posts Professional
I really struggle with the knockout tournaments even though I win the majority of my season matches. In seasons when my connection is good the passing is generally pretty crisp and on target, my players make runs, etc. I lose but the games are generally pretty fun. But in the DKT my passing seems so erratic. I try to drive a pass and it dinks; I pass left it goes right. My players stand around like spectators. I know there's delay/lag but it's seriously like I'm playing two different games and I just can't figure out how to adjust to the tourney.

Any advice or is this all in my head? Thanks.

Comments

• TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    All in your head man - I don't take seasons that seriously for the most part, constantly going from D1 to D2 earning coins on the go.

When I really wanna win games or step it up (like when a player is on the line to win), I just tighten up my game and play to my best. Found the first two games of DKT usually very easy - but by the third and fourth game you usually end up playing stacked teams and people playing all out to win.

To summarise I haven't noticed any major differences in gameplay consistency between seasons and DKT...you get input lag, speed up lag - all the same across the board in UT imho.

Keep it simple and straightforward, you'll win the tournament eventually man.
  • NornIron
    12846 posts Has That Special Something
    JGCramp wrote: »
    I really struggle with the knockout tournaments even though I win the majority of my season matches. In seasons when my connection is good the passing is generally pretty crisp and on target, my players make runs, etc. I lose but the games are generally pretty fun. But in the DKT my passing seems so erratic. I try to drive a pass and it dinks; I pass left it goes right. My players stand around like spectators. I know there's delay/lag but it's seriously like I'm playing two different games and I just can't figure out how to adjust to the tourney.

Any advice or is this all in my head? Thanks.

Mine do it in both seasons and the DKT its definitely not all in your head how could it be when the players dont even make a run. When my game plays like it should i cant believe how good it is but that's not every often.
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    TubAShet wrote: »
    All in your head man - I don't take seasons that seriously for the most part, constantly going from D1 to D2 earning coins on the go.

When I really wanna win games or step it up (like when a player is on the line to win), I just tighten up my game and play to my best. Found the first two games of DKT usually very easy - but by the third and fourth game you usually end up playing stacked teams and people playing all out to win.

To summarise I haven't noticed any major differences in gameplay consistency between seasons and DKT...you get input lag, speed up lag - all the same across the board in UT imho.

Keep it simple and straightforward, you'll win the tournament eventually man.

Thanks. I definitely think I press more in the final third in the tourney vs seasons. I'm know that hurts my gameplay