(EA Read!) Career Mode Must Do's!!

TeamExtreme17
2268 posts Fans' Favourite
edited July 2017
I'm sorry to come across as rude, but I will NOT be buying your game anymore if you haven't listened to all the fans suggestions on your OFFICIAL FORUM this year (not Twitter or YouTube!) to improve career mode..

* cut-scenes for press conferences, new signings, manager unveilings, manager of the month, manager of the year, player of the month, player of the year.

* create your manager's appearance (like create a player) instead of having to use the in-game avatars. (including normal gear and cold weather gear)

* bring back game face. (this would be beneficial to the above and also player career ^)

* Let us chose REAL managers that are actually in the game.

* overhaul edit player, there is a bug called the cold weather gear that hasn't been fixed for years.

* let us edit generic faces.

* show player profile pictures for ALL players, even if it's their in-game starhead.

* DLC custom face packs for the hundreds of generic player faces.

* Balon D'or / World Footballer Of The Year awards (including cut-scenes)

* more stadiums outside of the PL (Benfica, Porto, Celtic, Napoli, Barcelona etc.), including international stadiums like Friends Arena, Warsaw stadium to make International manager more authentic.

* stadium exteriors, why does Wembley have an exterior view in The Journey but not career mode?

* realistic transfers, why do Man Utd sign Lewandowski when they have Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Martial & Rashford!? If they make a big signing then in real life they'd sell too, not have them all sat on the bench.

* create a stadium, you had this in Fifa Manager? ()

* option to set club captain & vice-captain when you take over a club / country,

* loan players should not be able to play against you if you loan them out, and they shouldn't be available for you when you play a team you have a loaned player from either. (think Januzaj against Man Utd).

* option to buy a player and a send a player going on loan the other way.

* when you edit a players squad number, show who's number it is replacing, that way you know if the number is free or not.

* add the official PL intro music, this was in Fifa 16 but not Fifa 17?

* let us rename generic competitions (champions cup > champions league)

* realistic scouting results, why am I being suggested players like Ronaldo when I am Stoke?

* add the option of only searching for players within your budget.

* make international job offers more realistic, (option to turn them off)

* start as an international manager.

* more job offers.

* auto training, players should still train if I don't do them manually.

* change the competitions badge on players sleeves depending on the competition. (this means the badge should be a separate entity to the players shirt, not etched into it like it has been since Fifa 2000). champions cup would then have generic sleeve badges and when you get promoted to the PL you will have the PL badge on your sleeve.

* add arena effect to the soundtrack when in the in-game menu, to create the feeling of being at the stadium (this is in PES)

* Why decide to stop making Fifa Manager and then not use any of the things from that game in Fifa?

* Option to turn Real Fixtures On or Off.

* Option to use Icons in Career Mode, turning them to On would see them be available to sign from Free Agents.

* Option to start jobless and wait for offers.

* Option to start halfway through a season.

* Option to start in chosen league at Early, Middle, or End of pre-season (First league game: To cut out pre-season altogether)

* Play Football Manager to see how a manager mode should be.

@Rob @Alastair Please tell EA to read all of these great fans' suggestions off their official forum, instead of Twitter / YouTube, the game is a mess and these things are such simple things that should of been added years ago. If they thoroughly read this site, they will realise we are doing all their work for them. (check great threads like The Fifa 17 Stadiums Thread, The Fifa 17 Starhead Thread, Devs Are Ignoring SIMPLE But IMPORTANT Things!, GOAL NET, Unrealistic Shirt Fonts etc)

P.S. It would be nice if this thread could be stickied to the top of the Fifa 18 Career Mode section, for EA to read and take note from their hardcore Career mode users? @Rob @Alastair
Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on

Comments

• StarWars
    68 posts Park Captain
    I'm sorry to come across as rude, but I will NOT be buying your game anymore if you haven't listened to all the fans suggestions on your OFFICIAL FORUM this year (not Twitter or YouTube!) to improve career mode..

* cut-scenes for press conferences, new signings, manager unveilings, manager of the month, manager of the year, player of the month, player of the year.

* create your manager's appearance (like create a player) instead of having to use the in-game avatars. (including normal gear and cold weather gear)

* bring back game face. (this would be beneficial to the above and also player career ^)

* overhaul edit player, there is a bug called the cold weather gear that hasn't been fixed for years.

* show player profile pictures for ALL players, even if it's their in-game starhead.

* more stadiums outside of the PL (Benfica, Porto, Celtic, Napoli, Barcelona etc.), including international stadiums like Friends Arena, Warsaw stadium to make International manager more authentic.

* stadium exteriors, why does Wembley have an exterior view in The Journey but not career mode?

* realistic transfers, why do Man Utd sign Lewandowski when they have Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Martial & Rashford!? If they make a big signing then in real life they'd sell too, not have them all sat on the bench.

* option to set club captain & vice-captain when you take over a club / country,

* loan players should not be able to play against you if you loan them out, and they shouldn't be available for you when you play a team you have a loaned player from either. (think Januzaj against Man Utd).

* when you edit a players squad number, show who's number it is replacing, that way you know if the number is free or not.

* realistic scouting results, why am I being suggested players like Ronaldo when I am Stoke?

* more job offers.

* change the competitions badge on players sleeves depending on the competition. (this means the badge should be a separate entity to the players shirt, not etched into it like it has been since Fifa 2000). champions cup would then have generic sleeve badges and when you get promoted to the PL you will have the PL badge on your sleeve.

* add arena effect to the soundtrack when in the in-game menu, to create the feeling of being at the stadium (this is in PES)

@Rob @Alastair Please tell EA to read all of these great fans' suggestions off their official forum, instead of Twitter / YouTube, the game is a mess and these things are such simple things that should of been added years ago. If they thoroughly read this site, they will realise we are doing all their work for them. (check great threads like The Fifa 17 Stadiums Thread, The Fifa 17 Starhead Thread, Devs Are Ignoring SIMPLE But IMPORTANT Things!, GOAL NET, Unrealistic Shirt Fonts etc)

@Rob please consider everything above @TeamExtreme17 has got amazing ideas and fixes to bring fifa back to being great again.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Also, why decide to stop making Fifa Manager and then not use any of the things from that game in Fifa?

P.S. Play Football Manager to see how a manager mode should be.
  • Cooler08
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 2017
    They are good suggestions apart from two.

The suggestion for renaming generic competitions wouldn't be of any use because if you rename the Champions Cup to Champions League, the ad boards and other in-game assets would still say Champions Cup.

Also, I don't think a create a stadium feature would be a good addition. This would mean EA are less likely to add more real stadiums because people could create stadia, which would look too generic anyway because a stadium editor can only add so much detail.

• CaptainJack13
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @TeamExtreme17 some really good ideas. I doubt @Rob will ever read it though :( EA genuinely need to work alongside members of the FIFA community to improve the game, especially for Career Mode. Going through the forums there are so many good ideas but EA don't seem to care.
  • airpreezy
    962 posts Semi-Pro
    @Alastair are you able to pass that through, to the devs?
    would be awesome! :)
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Guys forget it. Here's a forlorn place where players speak each other. It isn't something bigger.
  • TeamExtreme17
    I am more than happy for EA to hire me and fly me out to Vancouver to work alongside the devs to improve Career Mode based on fan feedback :)
  • CaptainJack13
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I am more than happy for EA to hire me and fly me out to Vancouver to work alongside the devs to improve Career Mode based on fan feedback :)

We can only dream of them doing that with people like us
  • airpreezy
    962 posts Semi-Pro

good joke mate @TeamExtreme17 if that would be the case i would be extremly happy :D but only people they inivite are those FUT kiddies
  • DiLineo
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I had an idea a year or two back...what if EA introduced a career mode plus feature which we would be on a ‘pay to play’ basis, sort of a hybrid with FUT.

Original career mode could stay in the game but there would be an option to ‘buy’ a team to manage giving access to a bigger/more immersive version of CM , the cost to manage a club varying dependent on prestige.

For your money you would receive the club with a basic level of stadium/facilities, also a transfer and wage budget. You would also be allocated staff such as a DoF, various coaches and scouts, medical and facilities staff, all of whom would be graded 1 to 5 stars. The idea is that you will be able to upgrade all of these a la Ultimate team. Upgrades could come in the form of packs and could include bonus cards that provide temporary boosts for things like stamina etc to keep it interesting. It would open up the whole experience and even add a layer of depth to some of the current features that don't work (board objectives).

Of course it would need programming properly so that upgrades actually made a difference, like having a 5* DoF would make signing players/negotiating player contracts easier. Having better stadium/facilities would keep fans happy and increase ticket revenue...

Some of this stuff was in career mode a few years ago and most of it is in FUT now, so wouldn’t take a lot of work to do, I probably do 4 or 5 careers each edition of Fifa and would be happy to pay a couple of quid extra for each, as long as it was as good as it could be.

I know we all think this should be standard but let’s face it, until CM offers an additional revenue stream to EA it’s not gonna get the same love as FUT
  • KBS_Blades
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    DiLineo wrote: »
    I had an idea a year or two back...what if EA introduced a career mode plus feature which we would be on a ‘pay to play’ basis, sort of a hybrid with FUT.

Original career mode could stay in the game but there would be an option to ‘buy’ a team to manage giving access to a bigger/more immersive version of CM , the cost to manage a club varying dependent on prestige.

For your money you would receive the club with a basic level of stadium/facilities, also a transfer and wage budget. You would also be allocated staff such as a DoF, various coaches and scouts, medical and facilities staff, all of whom would be graded 1 to 5 stars. The idea is that you will be able to upgrade all of these a la Ultimate team. Upgrades could come in the form of packs and could include bonus cards that provide temporary boosts for things like stamina etc to keep it interesting. It would open up the whole experience and even add a layer of depth to some of the current features that don't work (board objectives).

Of course it would need programming properly so that upgrades actually made a difference, like having a 5* DoF would make signing players/negotiating player contracts easier. Having better stadium/facilities would keep fans happy and increase ticket revenue...

Some of this stuff was in career mode a few years ago and most of it is in FUT now, so wouldn’t take a lot of work to do, I probably do 4 or 5 careers each edition of Fifa and would be happy to pay a couple of quid extra for each, as long as it was as good as it could be.

I know we all think this should be standard but let’s face it, until CM offers an additional revenue stream to EA it’s not gonna get the same love as FUT

While something like this is a decent idea and would help to improve the game, this would deter my interest in CM even more. I've already bought the game, so why should I have to pay for anything more?

• Cooler08
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 2017
    DiLineo wrote: »

So in other words, your saying people should pay EA extra to be able to play a version of Career Mode that isn't barebones and basic. No thanks.
  • TeamExtreme17
    The only thing i'd be willing to pay for in career mode is custom face packs.
  • SACanuckinOz
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I would be willing to pay for not essential perks, like additional boot styles, classic kits, more balls. Not faces, that i consider essential, and should be included. I would pay for a "style salon" though, where you can edit player appearances yourself. That would be a nice addition. I can certainly make a better Dolberg, Fosu-Mensah, Mbappe, etc the (often) generic stuff currently available (e.g Dortmund's Dembele and Arsenal's Reine-Adelaide are essentially the exact same face)
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    There's an end. Since there will be a Journey 2, it's clear that there will be no changes in Career Mode.
    So I'm changing FIFA to PES. The lesson is over.
  • ChrisW1991
    935 posts Semi-Pro

* more job offers.

* Why decide to stop making Fifa Manager and then not use any of the things from that game in Fifa?

* Play Football Manager to see how a manager mode should be.

Love these ideas! This would make Career Mode so good!! I doubt we will see any major changes tho :/ there's such a huge demand for an improved career mode now that eventually they will have to listen
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    The decent and improved Career Mode can attract more players including players that now play FUT. It will mean that less players pay extra money to EA.
    Now think, is it smart for EA to pay their attention on Career Mode? :smile:
  • TeamExtreme17
    The decent and improved Career Mode can attract more players including players that now play FUT. It will mean that less players pay extra money to EA.

I pay £50 for the game, its not called Ultimate Team 17, so yes it is wise..
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional

Me too. And I never pay else. But think that there're more people pay $60 for the game and after they pay additional hundreds of $ for FIFA points. It gives EA much more money than from people like you and me.
  • TeamExtreme17

Me too. And I never pay else. But think that there're more people pay $60 for the game and after they pay additional hundreds of $ for FIFA points. It gives EA much more money than from people like you and me.

Then they are going to lose masses upon masses of their original sales of their game through people getting fed up of their crap and not buying the game anymore.

Trust me EAminati, it will bite you In the **** eventually.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    If they do not make big and smart changes in Career Mode this year it will tell us that they don't care. Will see...
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited June 2017
    Let it be known Career Mode was in such a state at one point they totally revamped it and started from scratch, if it wasn't for Simon Humber (RIP) at least getting it to a playable point it would be even worse than it is today! Since the passing of Mr Humber EA haven't hired anyone else to carry on his good work and left Career Mode in its current state, this needs urgently addressing.

They need to hire a producer to work solely on Career Mode and to listen to all of our suggestions in the Career Mode section of their OFFICIAL FORUM!!
  • Very nice list. Also: option to remove "fog of war" (show player OVR and ratings without scouting which is IMO worst part of career mode).
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited July 2017
    * Option to turn Real Fixtures On or Off.

* Option to use Icons in Career Mode, turning them to On would see them be available to sign from Free Agents.

* Option to start jobless and wait for offers.

* Option to start halfway through a season.

* Option to start in chosen league at Early, Middle, or End of pre-season (First league game: To cut out pre-season altogether)
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited July 2017
    It would be nice if this thread could be stickied to the top of the Fifa 18 Career Mode section, for EA to read and take note from their hardcore Career mode users? @Rob @Alastair
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    It would be nice if this thread could be stickied to the top of the Fifa 18 Career Mode section, for EA to read and take note from their hardcore Career mode users? @Rob @Alastair

Rob has gone. No one from EA has been seen here for couple of years.
  • TeamExtreme17

What's the point of an Official forum then? Career Mode is about 7 years behind..
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional

What's the point of an Official forum then? Career Mode is about 7 years behind..

There's no point. It's forgotten place.
    It seems like nobody in EA cares about Career Mode. They are interested in FUT coz it gives them big revenue. Career Mode doesn't give them anything except headache)))
  • TeamExtreme17

It seems like nobody in EA cares about Career Mode. They are interested in FUT coz it gives them big revenue. Career Mode doesn't give them anything except headache)))

If that is the case, they shouldn't be charging more than £10 for a game that's hardly updated..
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional

If that is the case, they shouldn't be charging more than £10 for a game that's hardly updated..

Not me, not you can decide it.