5212 Best Formation ?

Royal_Humbler
41 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited June 2017
I was gold 3\2 player now i finish elite 3 for the first time.

lwb,rwb : Always Overlap

Cb: Don't Touch

Cm: One get in for the cross ( the more attacking one ), the other stay on edge of the box, Both of them stayback while attack

Cam: Stay forward, Get in for the cross

STrikers: Get behind , press back line

Put attacking mentality on the d-pad in the begining of the game ( Important : always play this formation in attack mentality )

Custome tactic:

Organised

Organised

Cover

Your Cm's are realy important you need a lot of stamina , one fast and good on defense and pass, the other all rounded ( ex: Kanté and Delle Alli, Emre Can and herrera, tolisso and Sanson tots, vidal, naingolan etc... )

Try to always keep your cm's neer your defence , don't leave a space there , it's one of the ''secrets'' of this formation, defend with cm's and you can also begin the counter attack with them.

Don't forget to use your lwb and rwb it's the advantage you have in attack compare to the 41212 narrow ( exemple of good use: Rwb one two pass ( L1 X) with the right cm , rcm give it to the right st , right striker give it to the rwb in his run , then cross or shoot \ Rwb One two pass with the Right striker , right striker pass it to the right cm, right cm give to the rwb in his run)

Your middle cb play like a real cdm and stay back not like in the 41212 (2) , better have a good passer in this position med\med or high\med work well.

Fast strikers,good in the air are preferable

Hope i helped you

Sorry for my poor english , Have Fun
Post edited by Royal_Humbler on

Comments

• HysxteriA
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    It's such a weird formation. Some game I absolutely dominate with it, others I just can't get anyone to move on the pitch. I know that's just EA being EA but it always seems worse with this formation. I can't be doing with the inconsistency of it. So I've opted to go back to the 4321 because it's just reliable not necessarily the best. Agreed though, if anyone is wondering about it give it a shot because when it works it will absolutely destroy any formation in the game and nullifies any sort of counter.

Try your CCB on aggressive interceptions.
  • Stonebridge
    1154 posts Professional
    i switch to one of the 5atb formations when i play against a player that face up dribbles overly much or shielding alot or plays a cam with 2 strikers and tries to bounce the ball around them, works perfect
  • florida chillin
    785 posts Professional
    5atb is for ducks
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    5atb is for ducks
    Post of the day goes to....
  • Antparry92
    20439 posts Club Captain
    Made a guide for it last year...not touched it this year though
  • Bobo093
    686 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 2017
    Agree with OP. I don't think some people understand how the 5atb formations work. If you set your wingbacks to always overlap it becomes one of the most attacking formations on the game. It plays how a 3atb should play without leaving you open at the back.
  • Antparry92
    20439 posts Club Captain
    What sort of CAM do you use? Last year I use to use physical CAM's. Raul Garcia, Rooney and Ilicic
  • Royal_Humbler
    edited June 2017
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    What sort of CAM do you use? Last year I use to use physical CAM's. Raul Garcia, Rooney and Ilicic

I only tried small cam's ( Eriksen 88 and lallana tots ) and with more than 200 games of experience with this formation, it's good for the moment ,maybe i'll try Pogba soon and give you a comeback.I think that a long, fast and strong cam ( Kind of third striker with good pass) should work good in this formation.
    Post edited by Royal_Humbler on
  • Cornushon
    5317 posts Big Money Move
    I love to shush and dab/dead fish 5atb opponents!!!!!
  • n2j2000
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    5atb n00b
  • Royal_Humbler
    edited June 2017
    Bobo093 wrote: »
    Agree with OP. I don't think some people understand how the 5atb formations work. If you set your wingbacks to always overlap it becomes one of the most attacking formations on the game. It plays how a 3atb should play without leaving you open at the back.

Yes you are totally right, you can play fast counter attack and even slow build up If you build your game with side passes. For me it's like 41212(2) with rm\lm who always back up to help on defense.
  • Royal_Humbler
    edited June 2017

Do you still use this formation ?
  • Royal_Humbler
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    It's such a weird formation. Some game I absolutely dominate with it, others I just can't get anyone to move on the pitch. I know that's just EA being EA but it always seems worse with this formation. I can't be doing with the inconsistency of it. So I've opted to go back to the 4321 because it's just reliable not necessarily the best. Agreed though, if anyone is wondering about it give it a shot because when it works it will absolutely destroy any formation in the game and nullifies any sort of counter.

Try your CCB on aggressive interceptions.

I know sometime it's not easy to play with the inconsistent fifa gameplay.Try to be more agressive to create your ''luck'' Double press works very well with this formation
  • Bobo093
    686 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bobo093 wrote: »

Yes you are totally right, you can play fast counter attack and even slow build up If you build your game with side passes. For me it's like 41212(2) with rm\lm who always back up to help on defense.
    Exactly and the wingbacks always have loads of space to attack, especially against the narrow formations.

• Antparry92
    20439 posts Club Captain

Do you still use this formation ?

Not used it this year tbh. Fullbacks haven't wowed me enough and I've not played much either tbf
  • Royal_Humbler
    up
  • AlbanianFIFABoi
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    I just built a squad around the 5-2-1-2. It was a complete disaster for me. Ironically concede a lot and couldn't win for s***
  • PonchoBear15
    979 posts Professional
    The defense is always solid. I just have trouble attacking at times. Might have to try this out!
  • tatadwader
    2423 posts Fans' Favourite
    I tried it for a few games last week. Did not work well for me. I also play high pressing, though.

I've recently dropped my presser from 85 to 45, and I'm playing a lot better.

I bet this formation would work better with less team pressure, so I'm thinking I'll give it a go again tomorrow and see how it plays with lower pressure.
  • Hicksy2011
    18870 posts World Class
    I love it
    Think it needs a high energy, high pace, high quality top 3 though
    I have OTW Jesus-Aguero and De Bruyne in those 3 and they work to press the opposition
    I find the strikers sometimes get a bit isolated which is why you need some who can go past 3 players and stick it top bin
  • Dragon007
    471 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    I love it
    I have OTW Jesus-Aguero and De Bruyne in those 3 and they work to press the opposition
    I find the strikers sometimes get a bit isolated which is why you need some who can go past 3 players and stick it top bin

Not if your FB overlap. For me the biggest strength of this formation is going against the stupid narrow formations 41212-2 or 4321 with fullbacks staying back.

The 3 CB allow the fullback to attack with freedom and not worry about wingers to defend.
  • Dragon007
    471 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tactically speaking 4132 is the best counter to 41212-2 with the CDM negating the CAM. But fifa 17 doesn't have that formation and 5212 is the closest especially since the CCB moves up to defend.
  • Hicksy2011
    18870 posts World Class
    edited June 2017
    Dragon007 wrote: »
    I love it

Not if your FB overlap. For me the biggest strength of this formation is going against the stupid narrow formations 41212-2 or 4321 with fullbacks staying back.

The 3 CB allow the fullback to attack with freedom and not worry about wingers to defend.

I was more talking about really quick counter attacks, the wing backs get pinned back when the opposition attack and you usually end up in a 3 on 5 situation when you counter
  • Whoman
    6051 posts Big Money Move
    You guys use your CBs in attack in any way ? (like coming up via one-two passing or dribling into space) And does the instruction to join the attack actually work ?

Loved using Hummels TOTS as an extra playmaker/attacker last year.
  • Royal_Humbler
    edited June 2017
    I love it

I was more talking about really quick counter attacks, the wing backs get pinned back when the opposition attack and you usually end up in a 3 on 5 situation when you counter

If you use my instruction , custom tactic and attacking mentality , you're not suppose to be only 3 on attack. i always have between 5 and 7 players around my opponent box.

Your fb supposed to be neer your attackers in the opponent side . Watch the radar or play with coop camera if you can't see them . They always give you a solution in the side to open the opponent defense when you control the ball in the middle .
  • Antparry92
    20439 posts Club Captain
    Whoman wrote: »
    You guys use your CBs in attack in any way ? (like coming up via one-two passing or dribling into space) And does the instruction to join the attack actually work ?

Never, the gaps between the CB's and WB's are just crying out for a ball down the sides, which people will happily do all day with LB+Y
  • Royal_Humbler
    I just built a squad around the 5-2-1-2. It was a complete disaster for me. Ironically concede a lot and couldn't win for s***

What custom tactic and instruction you use ?
  • Jden
    56 posts Park Captain
    I love it

If you use my instruction , custom tactic and attacking mentality , you're not suppose to be only 3 on attack. i always have between 5 and 7 players around my opponent box.

Your fb supposed to be neer your attackers in the opponent side . Watch the radar or play with coop camera if you can't see them . They always give you a solution in the side to open the opponent defense when you control the ball in the middle .

It's true won the DKT for the first attempt with this tactic thank u for sharing
  • Royal_Humbler
    Whoman wrote: »

I never use my cb's , i only do the first pass with them.