So who started the TOTS Verratti X1 pricefix?

TubAShet
1400 posts Professional
Not subtle at all...370 back up to 420 in a matter of an hour or so...

Enjoy your coin loss, he was heading for 300 in a couple days :)

Comments

• Embrared
    976 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm fairly certain that no one is price fixing Veratti two days after release. Simply supply and demand dictating the market price.
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    Embrared wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain that no one is price fixing Veratti two days after release. Simply supply and demand dictating the market price.

Been watching very closely on his price , supply and demand doesn't equate to a player that started on 480k BINS dropping to 370k and going then to 350 on bids --> back up to 420 all of a sudden within an hour

Just stating what I can see on the market
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    People prob selling WL squads and buying him to have a try. Plus a few threads hyping him & Tolisso up doesn't help
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    BiigDee wrote: »
    People prob selling WL squads and buying him to have a try. Plus a few threads hyping him & Tolisso up doesn't help

I'd happily let all the direct boring physical players keep Tolisso's price high and hyped as he has been all UT season, leave Verratti alone to people who want to play a bit differently for once lol
  • milan227
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    Like it was already mentioned, this has nothing to do with price fixes. It's all about supply and demand. You are just mad that you missed out on him. It's normal for a player's price to fall until the majority notices that he is undervalued (too good for 350k) and start buying him again. As his price starts to rise more and more people want to buy one for a relatively cheap price until the price settles again.
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    milan227 wrote: »
    Like it was already mentioned, this has nothing to do with price fixes. It's all about supply and demand. You are just mad that you missed out on him. It's normal for a player's price to fall until the majority notices that he is undervalued (too good for 350k) and start buying him again. As his price starts to rise more and more people want to buy one for a relatively cheap price until the price settles again.

Cool story bro, just got him for 290k , it was a price fix I can assure you :)
  • TheBaldyBuddha
    1686 posts Play-Off Hero
    TubAShet wrote: »

Yea his price dropping has nothing to do with the Ligue 1 prime packs in the store ;)
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional

Yea his price dropping has nothing to do with the Ligue 1 prime packs in the store ;)

Glad he dropped to a normal price finally, this post was highlighting the sharp price increase that happened in a couple hours earlier on - panic over

./end thread
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    With the exception of incredibly rare players (some silvers for instance) it is impossible to price fix on such a massive game. If I decided I wanted to price fix an in form at 20K above its current BIN, how do I do that? Do I buy all of the players on the market? There are too many. Even a card which it appears has only 10 of it on the market, there will be thousands in circulation. Even with multiple accounts/people it is still not possible. You would end up being undercut and making a big loss.

What actually happens, is that many players are smart enough to use price filters to buy the cheapest players on the market. Similarly, when selling, most players are smart enough to sell for as much possible whilst still ensuring a good chance of sale. Hence many cards are listed for the same price and those which are listed for less (even if it is only a couple of hundred coins less) get purchased very quickly. Thus the price appears to stay stable.
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    Liam W wrote: »
    With the exception of incredibly rare players (some silvers for instance) it is impossible to price fix on such a massive game. If I decided I wanted to price fix an in form at 20K above its current BIN, how do I do that? Do I buy all of the players on the market? There are too many. Even a card which it appears has only 10 of it on the market, there will be thousands in circulation. Even with multiple accounts/people it is still not possible. You would end up being undercut and making a big loss.

What actually happens, is that many players are smart enough to use price filters to buy the cheapest players on the market. Similarly, when selling, most players are smart enough to sell for as much possible whilst still ensuring a good chance of sale. Hence many cards are listed for the same price and those which are listed for less (even if it is only a couple of hundred coins less) get purchased very quickly. Thus the price appears to stay stable.

It is still possible and people out there 100% have the coin funds to do it with highest rated IF's and certain TOTS/TOTY's - you can be undercut but if you have enough coins, you can buy out the market as it appears slowly card by card.

I agree the game has grown in scale compared to the prime pricefix days of UT12 (El Sha was so easy to pricefix on PS3, me and a few friends had the whole market at one point) - but with greater amounts of coins you can still do it IMO .
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    Liam W wrote: »

It is still possible and people out there 100% have the coin funds to do it with highest rated IF's and certain TOTS/TOTY's - you can be undercut but if you have enough coins, you can buy out the market as it appears slowly card by card.

I agree the game has grown in scale compared to the prime pricefix days of UT12 (El Sha was so easy to pricefix on PS3, me and a few friends had the whole market at one point) - but with greater amounts of coins you can still do it IMO .

If you try and do this with TotS Veratti, you will end up with a full transfer list of Veratti that you can't sell without taking a big loss because his price is well below what you paid for him and you can't buy these ones because your transfer list is full.

I'm not denying that some cards are price fixed on occasion, especially some silvers. But it is not possible to priCe fix a player currently in packs like this. Even if you could afford (and had space0 for all his cards on the market and were able to get any new ones listed ASAP below your pricefix, very few people would be willing to pay 'your' price for Veratti so he would sell very slowly and although you would make a profit on each one flipped, the fact that you have so many ones unsold means you are technically millions of coins down and you won't be able to sell them until you lower it to a more reasonable price.

I've explained the reasons why players prices settle at what they are and may have the appearance of a price fix, but really, this practice is almost non-existant.