The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

General election!

Comments

  • lucas
    4977 posts Big Money Move
    lucas wrote: »
    I will vote anything that will let me keep my taxes low, because i earn more it doesn't mean i need to carry those lasy ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    Wait 1 second :lol:

    Did your parents work?
    Did they get money from the government when you're a kid?

    If so, judging people who get it now from people's taxes is just a little hypocritical.

    No offence but what you pay back into the system is to help improve the country as a whole. Not to benefit people who don't work.
    Recardo wrote: »
    further education is a luxury. therefore there should be a fee.

    i had to leave school at 16 and get a job. had bills to pay.

    if you want to sit around scratching your arse for 4-5 years more. you can fricken pay for it.

    like **** i'm paying for that as well.

    It's you're own fault no one to blame but yourself for leaving school early. just like people who earn more shouldn't pay more taxes
  • Yusuf11
    1910 posts Fans' Favourite
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    I will be voting UKIP cos I want foreigners out and I feel like my people bave been neglected for far too long by the main two parties. I may vote tories however cos I think the richer corporations are the better wages we'll get.

    Judging by your name.. you originate from immigration so how can you say that? I'm not judging as i'm a 2nd generation immigrant

    As far as immigration is concerned science tells us we're all immigrants so...if you want to stop immigration you get out first and go back to Africa where you came from

    The Out of Africa theory is being disputed apparently.

    There's a genetic Adam and a genetic Eve, so we at least come from the same lineage...whether it's Africa, India, God forbid not Liverpool we're still all genetically from the same line 
  • ChrisLFC
    7301 posts Big Money Move
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    I will be voting UKIP cos I want foreigners out and I feel like my people bave been neglected for far too long by the main two parties. I may vote tories however cos I think the richer corporations are the better wages we'll get.

    Judging by your name.. you originate from immigration so how can you say that? I'm not judging as i'm a 2nd generation immigrant

    As far as immigration is concerned science tells us we're all immigrants so...if you want to stop immigration you get out first and go back to Africa where you came from

    The Out of Africa theory is being disputed apparently.

    There's a genetic Adam and a genetic Eve, so we at least come from the same lineage...whether it's Africa, India, God forbid not Liverpool we're still all genetically from the same line 

    Yeah if we go back tens of thousands of years. We're not a bunch of inbreds.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    edited June 2017
    dannyboy wrote: »
    ManyakFC wrote: »
    To be completely honest im never voting conservatives again, the way our education system prices for university went up because of the whole conservative party is a joke, 9k+ per year for a course yet the same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that raised the price got their education for free. No wonder there are so many mindless and clueless people in our world today. Universities were doing fine on 3k a year, i struggle to see how raising it to 9k did anything other than put people in more debt. cos i sure as hell did not get any extra things from those that paid 3k a year . As for all the other policies im not going to debate or get into them but like everyone is saying at least corbyn sticks to his guns.

    Don't you get scholarships or grants in the UK? **** paying 9k a year

    You dont pay 9k upfront. You get 9k loan a year

    Then half of it goes back into students pockets through grants, bursaries etc.

    Since they put the price up students put themselves in more 'debt', but are more cash rich than they would have been previously.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    I genuinly don't think i can decide, Labour's policies are absolutley outrageous especially their view on taxes... introducing a new 50% bracket at £125k!? are they for real! People worked hard to get their salaries as high as they are only to be punished by some idiot who in too deep. I can;t vote conservative because i never have and i just think conservative are for the upper class, Lib Dems have some good points but i can't vote for them as they want to oppose brexit... and that would contradict me voting out... and they also want to legalise Cannabis which is a stupid idea. Although weed may bring in huge taxes, why would we want to be a country of **** zombies.

    All of them have massive points that mean i cant vote for them... the only solution is to pack my bags and move to Australia where life is good.

    We already have a progressive tax system, as do the vast majority of countries in the world.

    Since the 2007-2008 economic crisis, it's the poorest in society who have borne the brunt of austerity. What's so wrong about looking for everyone to pay a bit?

    The whole country "is in too deep", and so far we've had a 7-year economic plan which has missed every target the Tories have set.

    If you want an NHS, effective policing and fire services, public services etc. they have to be paid for.
  • Jakey_Hibee86
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Recardo wrote: »
    further education is a luxury. therefore there should be a fee.

    i had to leave school at 16 and get a job. had bills to pay.

    if you want to sit around scratching your arse for 4-5 years more. you can fricken pay for it.

    like **** i'm paying for that as well.

    You say that which I agree. It should be paid for. But at £9000 a year?

    And also if you want better for British economy, British workers, British nurses, British doctors, how can we get these when people are frightened by the word: tuition fees?
    I paid £9000 a year fees, now i'm in the 40% tax bracket. I knew what J was getting into and the debt I would come out with, it paid off.
  • clsMUFC
    1236 posts Professional
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    I genuinly don't think i can decide, Labour's policies are absolutley outrageous especially their view on taxes... introducing a new 50% bracket at £125k!? are they for real! People worked hard to get their salaries as high as they are only to be punished by some idiot who in too deep. I can;t vote conservative because i never have and i just think conservative are for the upper class, Lib Dems have some good points but i can't vote for them as they want to oppose brexit... and that would contradict me voting out... and they also want to legalise Cannabis which is a stupid idea. Although weed may bring in huge taxes, why would we want to be a country of **** zombies.

    All of them have massive points that mean i cant vote for them... the only solution is to pack my bags and move to Australia where life is good.

    We already have a progressive tax system, as do the vast majority of countries in the world.

    Since the 2007-2008 economic crisis, it's the poorest in society who have borne the brunt of austerity. What's so wrong about looking for everyone to pay a bit?

    The whole country "is in too deep", and so far we've had a 7-year economic plan which has missed every target the Tories have set.

    If you want an NHS, effective policing and fire services, public services etc. they have to be paid for.

    Being a tax accountant, i may be in a position one day where these high tax brackets effect me and personally i think people who work hard to get their desired jobs and salaries should not be hit hard. I'm not disagreeing with a progressive tax system as it is necessary, however reducing the additional rate band to just £80K? thats not fair considering it currently stands at £150K. Maybe a 50% band would be a good idea at a certain level, but not £123K. Corporation tax being increased... yes that understandable considering there are giant organisations that should contribute a bit more. However increasing corporation tax has cons.. what if certain business' decide we don't like that, move their business elsewhere and effectively people lose jobs? Jeremy Corbyn has not got a clue on how to run a country, he's too nice for his own good and certainly too nice to be running a country like the UK.

    If Jeremy Corbyn comes to power.. he will bankrupt the country more than it already is.
  • Coops
    5095 posts Big Money Move
  • n2j2000
    2431 posts Fans' Favourite
    I quite like Labour but how can anyone vote for Jeremy Corbyn?! You do realise that this goon will be in charge of leading our country for the foreseeable future, he will ruin us with his reckless disregard!!

    I get the Tory hate but putting Corbyn in power will be the worst decision in our history and you will all regret it for many years to come if it happens. You have been warned.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    My labour candidate is the deputy speaker, pointless voting for her.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17268 posts World Class
    n2j2000 wrote: »
    I quite like Labour but how can anyone vote for Jeremy Corbyn?! You do realise that this goon will be in charge of leading our country for the foreseeable future, he will ruin us with his reckless disregard!!

    I get the Tory hate but putting Corbyn in power will be the worst decision in our history and you will all regret it for many years to come if it happens. You have been warned.

    Yet you'd be fine with May leading the country I'm guessing...
  • Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    lucas wrote: »
    lucas wrote: »
    I will vote anything that will let me keep my taxes low, because i earn more it doesn't mean i need to carry those lasy ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    Wait 1 second :lol:

    Did your parents work?
    Did they get money from the government when you're a kid?

    If so, judging people who get it now from people's taxes is just a little hypocritical.

    No offence but what you pay back into the system is to help improve the country as a whole. Not to benefit people who don't work.
    Recardo wrote: »
    further education is a luxury. therefore there should be a fee.

    i had to leave school at 16 and get a job. had bills to pay.

    if you want to sit around scratching your arse for 4-5 years more. you can fricken pay for it.

    like **** i'm paying for that as well.

    It's you're own fault no one to blame but yourself for leaving school early. just like people who earn more shouldn't pay more taxes



    my dad left home and i had to pay my mums mortgage

    i guess i could have told my mum i wanted to study so she would lose her house. but im not that kind of guy.

    some people don't have a safety net of their parents to fall back on.

    people who earn more money already pay more taxes. nothing needs to change there.
  • Yusuf11
    1910 posts Fans' Favourite
    n2j2000 wrote: »
    I quite like Labour but how can anyone vote for Jeremy Corbyn?! You do realise that this goon will be in charge of leading our country for the foreseeable future, he will ruin us with his reckless disregard!!

    I get the Tory hate but putting Corbyn in power will be the worst decision in our history and you will all regret it for many years to come if it happens. You have been warned.

    Isn't that literally fear mongering and much assumptions?
  • Coops
    5095 posts Big Money Move
    n2j2000 wrote: »
    I quite like Labour but how can anyone vote for Jeremy Corbyn?! You do realise that this goon will be in charge of leading our country for the foreseeable future, he will ruin us with his reckless disregard!!

    I get the Tory hate but putting Corbyn in power will be the worst decision in our history and you will all regret it for many years to come if it happens. You have been warned.

    exciting isn't it?
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2017
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    I genuinly don't think i can decide, Labour's policies are absolutley outrageous especially their view on taxes... introducing a new 50% bracket at £125k!? are they for real! People worked hard to get their salaries as high as they are only to be punished by some idiot who in too deep. I can;t vote conservative because i never have and i just think conservative are for the upper class, Lib Dems have some good points but i can't vote for them as they want to oppose brexit... and that would contradict me voting out... and they also want to legalise Cannabis which is a stupid idea. Although weed may bring in huge taxes, why would we want to be a country of **** zombies.

    All of them have massive points that mean i cant vote for them... the only solution is to pack my bags and move to Australia where life is good.

    We already have a progressive tax system, as do the vast majority of countries in the world.

    Since the 2007-2008 economic crisis, it's the poorest in society who have borne the brunt of austerity. What's so wrong about looking for everyone to pay a bit?

    The whole country "is in too deep", and so far we've had a 7-year economic plan which has missed every target the Tories have set.

    If you want an NHS, effective policing and fire services, public services etc. they have to be paid for.

    Being a tax accountant, i may be in a position one day where these high tax brackets effect me and personally i think people who work hard to get their desired jobs and salaries should not be hit hard. I'm not disagreeing with a progressive tax system as it is necessary, however reducing the additional rate band to just £80K? thats not fair considering it currently stands at £150K. Maybe a 50% band would be a good idea at a certain level, but not £123K. Corporation tax being increased... yes that understandable considering there are giant organisations that should contribute a bit more. However increasing corporation tax has cons.. what if certain business' decide we don't like that, move their business elsewhere and effectively people lose jobs? Jeremy Corbyn has not got a clue on how to run a country, he's too nice for his own good and certainly too nice to be running a country like the UK.

    If Jeremy Corbyn comes to power.. he will bankrupt the country more than it already is.

    And I'm Head of Communications at 28, and a higher rate taxpayer.

    I've worked hard to get where I am, though probably no harder than a million other people who haven't had the success I've had. As Warren Buffet notes, his receptionist pays a higher rate of tax than he does.

    A 50% tax rate appears higher (because it is), but the tax contribution for pensions is incredibly generous at that level. If we all agree that public services need to be paid for, then we have to agree on how that's going to happen. We cannot have our cake and eat it, no matter how much the Tories wish to state "live within our means" (as if a comparison to personal banking was anything but complete ignorance of how state-level economics work).

    I'd further posit that Jeremy Corbyn has just as much knowledge of how to run a country as the last few Tory governments. George Osborne has a 2:2 in modern history for heaven's sake!!

    The Tories have shown that running a government is only about priorities and ideology. Their dogmatic focus on 'cutting deficits' has resulted in missing every target they've set themselves. I hardly think that Corbyn's principled, considered, and pragmatic positions on social, economic, and political issues is something to be worried about.

    Caveat: I've never voted Labour.
  • n2j2000
    2431 posts Fans' Favourite
    n2j2000 wrote: »
    I quite like Labour but how can anyone vote for Jeremy Corbyn?! You do realise that this goon will be in charge of leading our country for the foreseeable future, he will ruin us with his reckless disregard!!

    I get the Tory hate but putting Corbyn in power will be the worst decision in our history and you will all regret it for many years to come if it happens. You have been warned.

    Yet you'd be fine with May leading the country I'm guessing...

    Not particularly happy with that idea either but she will do less long term damage to the country than Corbyn will.
  • n2j2000
    2431 posts Fans' Favourite
    Coops wrote: »
    n2j2000 wrote: »
    I quite like Labour but how can anyone vote for Jeremy Corbyn?! You do realise that this goon will be in charge of leading our country for the foreseeable future, he will ruin us with his reckless disregard!!

    I get the Tory hate but putting Corbyn in power will be the worst decision in our history and you will all regret it for many years to come if it happens. You have been warned.

    exciting isn't it?

    I guess if you are hoping to see the UK crash and burn then it may be exciting for you.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    n2j2000 wrote: »
    Coops wrote: »
    n2j2000 wrote: »
    I quite like Labour but how can anyone vote for Jeremy Corbyn?! You do realise that this goon will be in charge of leading our country for the foreseeable future, he will ruin us with his reckless disregard!!

    I get the Tory hate but putting Corbyn in power will be the worst decision in our history and you will all regret it for many years to come if it happens. You have been warned.

    exciting isn't it?

    I guess if you are hoping to see the UK crash and burn then it may be exciting for you.

    Crash and burn :joy:

    The scare mongering is strong in this one
  • Yusuf11
    1910 posts Fans' Favourite
    I followed the US eections last year and it really is a repeat of the primaries anyway cos we don't have enough dumb peoeple to come together and vote in a Halloween prank. I digress. Corbyn is Bernie Sanders on social steroids and May is Clinton. There's a populist movement around thr globe and Corbyn will win
  • clsMUFC
    1236 posts Professional
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    I genuinly don't think i can decide, Labour's policies are absolutley outrageous especially their view on taxes... introducing a new 50% bracket at £125k!? are they for real! People worked hard to get their salaries as high as they are only to be punished by some idiot who in too deep. I can;t vote conservative because i never have and i just think conservative are for the upper class, Lib Dems have some good points but i can't vote for them as they want to oppose brexit... and that would contradict me voting out... and they also want to legalise Cannabis which is a stupid idea. Although weed may bring in huge taxes, why would we want to be a country of **** zombies.

    All of them have massive points that mean i cant vote for them... the only solution is to pack my bags and move to Australia where life is good.

    We already have a progressive tax system, as do the vast majority of countries in the world.

    Since the 2007-2008 economic crisis, it's the poorest in society who have borne the brunt of austerity. What's so wrong about looking for everyone to pay a bit?

    The whole country "is in too deep", and so far we've had a 7-year economic plan which has missed every target the Tories have set.

    If you want an NHS, effective policing and fire services, public services etc. they have to be paid for.

    Being a tax accountant, i may be in a position one day where these high tax brackets effect me and personally i think people who work hard to get their desired jobs and salaries should not be hit hard. I'm not disagreeing with a progressive tax system as it is necessary, however reducing the additional rate band to just £80K? thats not fair considering it currently stands at £150K. Maybe a 50% band would be a good idea at a certain level, but not £123K. Corporation tax being increased... yes that understandable considering there are giant organisations that should contribute a bit more. However increasing corporation tax has cons.. what if certain business' decide we don't like that, move their business elsewhere and effectively people lose jobs? Jeremy Corbyn has not got a clue on how to run a country, he's too nice for his own good and certainly too nice to be running a country like the UK.

    If Jeremy Corbyn comes to power.. he will bankrupt the country more than it already is.

    And I'm Head of Communications at 28, and a higher rate taxpayer.

    I've worked hard to get where I am, though probably no harder than a million other people who haven't had the success I've had. As Warren Buffet notes, his receptionist pays a higher rate of tax than he does.

    A 50% tax rate appears higher (because it is), but the tax contribution for pensions is incredibly generous at that level. If we all agree that public services need to be paid for, then we have to agree on how that's going to happen. We cannot have our cake and eat it, no matter how much the Tories wish to state "live within our means" (as if a comparison to personal banking was anything but complete ignorance of how state-level economics work).

    I'd further posit that Jeremy Corbyn has just as much knowledge of how to run a country as the last few Tory governments. George Osborne has a 2:2 in modern history for heaven's sake!!

    The Tories have shown that running a government is only about priorities and ideology. Their dogmatic focus on 'cutting deficits' has resulted in missing every target they've set themselves. I hardly think that Corbyn's principled, considered, and pragmatic positions on social, economic, and political issues is something to be worried about.

    Caveat: I've never voted Labour.

    Valid points.

    I won't be voting Tories or Labour, the most likely party i will be voting for would be Lib Dems. They do have cons in their manifesto but it will be better to deal with than trying to watch Jeremy Corbyn try to run the coutry.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    I genuinly don't think i can decide, Labour's policies are absolutley outrageous especially their view on taxes... introducing a new 50% bracket at £125k!? are they for real! People worked hard to get their salaries as high as they are only to be punished by some idiot who in too deep. I can;t vote conservative because i never have and i just think conservative are for the upper class, Lib Dems have some good points but i can't vote for them as they want to oppose brexit... and that would contradict me voting out... and they also want to legalise Cannabis which is a stupid idea. Although weed may bring in huge taxes, why would we want to be a country of **** zombies.

    All of them have massive points that mean i cant vote for them... the only solution is to pack my bags and move to Australia where life is good.

    We already have a progressive tax system, as do the vast majority of countries in the world.

    Since the 2007-2008 economic crisis, it's the poorest in society who have borne the brunt of austerity. What's so wrong about looking for everyone to pay a bit?

    The whole country "is in too deep", and so far we've had a 7-year economic plan which has missed every target the Tories have set.

    If you want an NHS, effective policing and fire services, public services etc. they have to be paid for.

    Being a tax accountant, i may be in a position one day where these high tax brackets effect me and personally i think people who work hard to get their desired jobs and salaries should not be hit hard. I'm not disagreeing with a progressive tax system as it is necessary, however reducing the additional rate band to just £80K? thats not fair considering it currently stands at £150K. Maybe a 50% band would be a good idea at a certain level, but not £123K. Corporation tax being increased... yes that understandable considering there are giant organisations that should contribute a bit more. However increasing corporation tax has cons.. what if certain business' decide we don't like that, move their business elsewhere and effectively people lose jobs? Jeremy Corbyn has not got a clue on how to run a country, he's too nice for his own good and certainly too nice to be running a country like the UK.

    If Jeremy Corbyn comes to power.. he will bankrupt the country more than it already is.

    And I'm Head of Communications at 28, and a higher rate taxpayer.

    I've worked hard to get where I am, though probably no harder than a million other people who haven't had the success I've had. As Warren Buffet notes, his receptionist pays a higher rate of tax than he does.

    A 50% tax rate appears higher (because it is), but the tax contribution for pensions is incredibly generous at that level. If we all agree that public services need to be paid for, then we have to agree on how that's going to happen. We cannot have our cake and eat it, no matter how much the Tories wish to state "live within our means" (as if a comparison to personal banking was anything but complete ignorance of how state-level economics work).

    I'd further posit that Jeremy Corbyn has just as much knowledge of how to run a country as the last few Tory governments. George Osborne has a 2:2 in modern history for heaven's sake!!

    The Tories have shown that running a government is only about priorities and ideology. Their dogmatic focus on 'cutting deficits' has resulted in missing every target they've set themselves. I hardly think that Corbyn's principled, considered, and pragmatic positions on social, economic, and political issues is something to be worried about.

    Caveat: I've never voted Labour.

    Valid points.

    I won't be voting Tories or Labour, the most likely party i will be voting for would be Lib Dems. They do have cons in their manifesto but it will be better to deal with than trying to watch Jeremy Corbyn try to run the coutry.

    Because Tim Farron would be so much better
  • Addicksfan
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2017
    I'm voting conservative.

    Labour's manifesto will bankrupt this country and Corbyn and Abbott are a double act I do not want leading this country.

    I am all for spreading the wealth via higher rates of taxation but not if that means a family living on the breadline would rather spend what money they have on cigarettes and having the latest iphone than feeding their children....my wife is a social worker and sees this all too often....
  • clsMUFC
    1236 posts Professional
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    I genuinly don't think i can decide, Labour's policies are absolutley outrageous especially their view on taxes... introducing a new 50% bracket at £125k!? are they for real! People worked hard to get their salaries as high as they are only to be punished by some idiot who in too deep. I can;t vote conservative because i never have and i just think conservative are for the upper class, Lib Dems have some good points but i can't vote for them as they want to oppose brexit... and that would contradict me voting out... and they also want to legalise Cannabis which is a stupid idea. Although weed may bring in huge taxes, why would we want to be a country of **** zombies.

    All of them have massive points that mean i cant vote for them... the only solution is to pack my bags and move to Australia where life is good.

    We already have a progressive tax system, as do the vast majority of countries in the world.

    Since the 2007-2008 economic crisis, it's the poorest in society who have borne the brunt of austerity. What's so wrong about looking for everyone to pay a bit?

    The whole country "is in too deep", and so far we've had a 7-year economic plan which has missed every target the Tories have set.

    If you want an NHS, effective policing and fire services, public services etc. they have to be paid for.

    Being a tax accountant, i may be in a position one day where these high tax brackets effect me and personally i think people who work hard to get their desired jobs and salaries should not be hit hard. I'm not disagreeing with a progressive tax system as it is necessary, however reducing the additional rate band to just £80K? thats not fair considering it currently stands at £150K. Maybe a 50% band would be a good idea at a certain level, but not £123K. Corporation tax being increased... yes that understandable considering there are giant organisations that should contribute a bit more. However increasing corporation tax has cons.. what if certain business' decide we don't like that, move their business elsewhere and effectively people lose jobs? Jeremy Corbyn has not got a clue on how to run a country, he's too nice for his own good and certainly too nice to be running a country like the UK.

    If Jeremy Corbyn comes to power.. he will bankrupt the country more than it already is.

    And I'm Head of Communications at 28, and a higher rate taxpayer.

    I've worked hard to get where I am, though probably no harder than a million other people who haven't had the success I've had. As Warren Buffet notes, his receptionist pays a higher rate of tax than he does.

    A 50% tax rate appears higher (because it is), but the tax contribution for pensions is incredibly generous at that level. If we all agree that public services need to be paid for, then we have to agree on how that's going to happen. We cannot have our cake and eat it, no matter how much the Tories wish to state "live within our means" (as if a comparison to personal banking was anything but complete ignorance of how state-level economics work).

    I'd further posit that Jeremy Corbyn has just as much knowledge of how to run a country as the last few Tory governments. George Osborne has a 2:2 in modern history for heaven's sake!!

    The Tories have shown that running a government is only about priorities and ideology. Their dogmatic focus on 'cutting deficits' has resulted in missing every target they've set themselves. I hardly think that Corbyn's principled, considered, and pragmatic positions on social, economic, and political issues is something to be worried about.

    Caveat: I've never voted Labour.

    Valid points.

    I won't be voting Tories or Labour, the most likely party i will be voting for would be Lib Dems. They do have cons in their manifesto but it will be better to deal with than trying to watch Jeremy Corbyn try to run the coutry.

    Because Tim Farron would be so much better

    Well it's either those guys or not voting at all
  • n2j2000
    2431 posts Fans' Favourite
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    I'm voting conservative.

    Labour's manifesto will bankrupt this country and Corbyn and Abbott are a double act I do not want leading this country.

    I am all for spreading the wealth via higher rates of taxation but not if that means a family living on the breadline would rather spend what money they have on cigarettes and having the latest iphone than feeding their children....my wife is a social worker and sees this all too often....

    Completely agree mate, you are spot on.
  • Coops
    5095 posts Big Money Move
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    I'm voting conservative.

    Labour's manifesto will bankrupt this country and Corbyn and Abbott are a double act I do not want leading this country.

    I am all for spreading the wealth via higher rates of taxation but not if that means a family living on the breadline would rather spend what money they have on cigarettes and having the latest iphone than feeding their children....my wife is a social worker and sees this all too often....

    First of all, addiction to smoking, like any other addition, is an illness.

    Secondly, if your commitment to redistribution of wealth is really undermined by one or two outliers, which I'm not convinced even exist, then I doubt you're really that bothered about it in the first place.
  • Peake
    894 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I cannot understand how anyone who cares about the country and its people, who isn't self-serving, could vote conservative.

    Labours manifesto has been costed, conservative hasn't.

    May couldn't even turn up to the debate last night. She takes rent-a-tories wherever she goes. She only allows selected press members to her campaigning with all questions vetted beforehand. When someone does manage to interview her on tv she's a wreck. How does anyone fall for this? Their arrogance is astounding.

    Her voting history is scary.

    U2l5RUK.jpg?1

    When we question how the 5th richest country in the world is paying for hospitals and how they would pay for free education.. the brainwashing is real :joy:
  • Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    Coops wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    I'm voting conservative.

    Labour's manifesto will bankrupt this country and Corbyn and Abbott are a double act I do not want leading this country.

    I am all for spreading the wealth via higher rates of taxation but not if that means a family living on the breadline would rather spend what money they have on cigarettes and having the latest iphone than feeding their children....my wife is a social worker and sees this all too often....

    First of all, addiction to smoking, like any other addition, is an illness.

    .

    rubbish.

    you can quit smoking.

    you cant quit illness.

  • Addicksfan
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    Coops wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    I'm voting conservative.

    Labour's manifesto will bankrupt this country and Corbyn and Abbott are a double act I do not want leading this country.

    I am all for spreading the wealth via higher rates of taxation but not if that means a family living on the breadline would rather spend what money they have on cigarettes and having the latest iphone than feeding their children....my wife is a social worker and sees this all too often....

    First of all, addiction to smoking, like any other addition, is an illness.

    Secondly, if your commitment to redistribution of wealth is really undermined by one or two outliers, which I'm not convinced even exist, then I doubt you're really that bothered about it in the first place.

    An illness which can't be cured by a pill or a surgeon's knife but only by the will of the sufferer....which more often than not the sufferer has no desire to seek help for.............
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    Recardo wrote: »
    Coops wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    I'm voting conservative.

    Labour's manifesto will bankrupt this country and Corbyn and Abbott are a double act I do not want leading this country.

    I am all for spreading the wealth via higher rates of taxation but not if that means a family living on the breadline would rather spend what money they have on cigarettes and having the latest iphone than feeding their children....my wife is a social worker and sees this all too often....

    First of all, addiction to smoking, like any other addition, is an illness.

    .

    rubbish.

    you can quit smoking.

    you cant quit illness.

    You can quit both
  • Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    hasan09876 wrote: »
    Recardo wrote: »
    Coops wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    I'm voting conservative.

    Labour's manifesto will bankrupt this country and Corbyn and Abbott are a double act I do not want leading this country.

    I am all for spreading the wealth via higher rates of taxation but not if that means a family living on the breadline would rather spend what money they have on cigarettes and having the latest iphone than feeding their children....my wife is a social worker and sees this all too often....

    First of all, addiction to smoking, like any other addition, is an illness.

    .

    rubbish.

    you can quit smoking.

    you cant quit illness.

    You can quit both

    you can quit an illness?

    please share.
Sign In or Register to comment.