The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

General election!

Comments

  • chaser2k15
    14216 posts Has That Special Something
    MyAccount wrote: »
    This isn't a bash on anyone in here, but most people simply aren't knowledgeable enough in economics, social policies, etc, or simply don't do enough research to be able to reasonably debate and defend their point of view. At least here in the US, political debate pretty much consists of conservatives spouting talking points from Fox News, and liberals spouting talking points from CNN. And "news" isn't even really news anymore. Both left and right wing news agencies have become very good at spinning their stories and creating stories from "unnamed sources."

    Coming from a country that voted in trump. It would be like us voting in boris.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    chaser2k15 wrote: »
    MyAccount wrote: »
    This isn't a bash on anyone in here, but most people simply aren't knowledgeable enough in economics, social policies, etc, or simply don't do enough research to be able to reasonably debate and defend their point of view. At least here in the US, political debate pretty much consists of conservatives spouting talking points from Fox News, and liberals spouting talking points from CNN. And "news" isn't even really news anymore. Both left and right wing news agencies have become very good at spinning their stories and creating stories from "unnamed sources."

    Coming from a country that voted in trump. It would be like us voting in boris.

    It would be like us voting in Katie Hopkins.
  • hockeyphenom87
    7051 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2017
    MyAccount wrote: »
    You guys think 9k is bad? Look at the US, our tuition prices have gone insane. Just going off my university's website, it says tuition + fees for this coming year will total to 44k. That's just for one year...and doesn't include housing, food, textbooks, etc... Only way I can even afford to go here is I got a good scholarship. Can't imagine paying almost 50k/yr out of pocket for school.

    University parks dr is all I need to say...
  • Jakey_Hibee86
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If they raise corporation tax, to pay for all these tuitions fees, funding etc. You know that wages will be lowered / prices will increase, so these firms make up the shortfall, is there anything stopping that?

    When lefties can't answer they just ignore :lol:
  • Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    further education is a luxury. therefore there should be a fee.

    i had to leave school at 16 and get a job. had bills to pay.

    if you want to sit around scratching your arse for 4-5 years more. you can fricken pay for it.

    like **** i'm paying for that as well.

  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    edited June 2017
    If they raise corporation tax, to pay for all these tuitions fees, funding etc. You know that wages will be lowered / prices will increase, so these firms make up the shortfall, is there anything stopping that?

    When lefties can't answer they just ignore :lol:

    No signal in the mines
    Post edited by Peter on
  • BrentfordFC
    13169 posts Has That Special Something
    If they raise corporation tax, to pay for all these tuitions fees, funding etc. You know that wages will be lowered / prices will increase, so these firms make up the shortfall, is there anything stopping that?

    I'm guessing you mean labour.

    Firstly he's raising the minimum wage to £10 by 2020. Which is a foot in the right direction. Corporation tax is being raised yes to afford for a shortfall from other places. It's like balancing on a weighing scale. One side goes down the other goes up. What you need to realise is that you need to think forward in 10 years time. You may have kids who want to go to university for example. Living in a council flat do you really think they can afford to pay for their fees? No chance. They will be loaning it for at least 25 years to pay it all off.
  • BrentfordFC
    13169 posts Has That Special Something
    Recardo wrote: »
    further education is a luxury. therefore there should be a fee.

    i had to leave school at 16 and get a job. had bills to pay.

    if you want to sit around scratching your arse for 4-5 years more. you can fricken pay for it.

    like **** i'm paying for that as well.

    You say that which I agree. It should be paid for. But at £9000 a year?

    And also if you want better for British economy, British workers, British nurses, British doctors, how can we get these when people are frightened by the word: tuition fees?
  • Jamieb333
    341 posts Sunday League Hero
    I live in a safe Tory seat but I'll be voting labour.
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2017
    Recardo wrote: »
    further education is a luxury. therefore there should be a fee.

    i had to leave school at 16 and get a job. had bills to pay.

    if you want to sit around scratching your arse for 4-5 years more. you can fricken pay for it.

    like **** i'm paying for that as well.

    I think it should depend on the course you take.
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2017
    If they raise corporation tax, to pay for all these tuitions fees, funding etc. You know that wages will be lowered / prices will increase, so these firms make up the shortfall, is there anything stopping that?

    I'm guessing you mean labour.

    Firstly he's raising the minimum wage to £10 by 2020. Which is a foot in the right direction. Corporation tax is being raised yes to afford for a shortfall from other places. It's like balancing on a weighing scale. One side goes down the other goes up. What you need to realise is that you need to think forward in 10 years time. You may have kids who want to go to university for example. Living in a council flat do you really think they can afford to pay for their fees? No chance. They will be loaning it for at least 25 years to pay it all off.

    Is there any plan to enforce that these corporations pay the higher rate of CTax? Firms will probably find a way to avoid it.

    That increase is all well and good but it could force firms, especially those that can't afford to run at those increased cost levels, to leave the country, which could then have the knock on effect of jobs being lost for current employees. This was seen in the 70s I think it was with Labour's 83% tax rate on high earners forcing a mass exodus from those who had the biggest contributions or them finding ways to avoid paying it.

    A sudden rise to a £10 minimum wage could also cause extra wage pressure on firms for those earning around £10 p/h right now, as they will believe that their skills that is what earns them the wage above the basic rate should now be rewarded further.


    Just my opinion happy to be proved wrong on this
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    The Tory candidate is the only one that lives in the area so I'll be voting for him.
  • BrentfordFC
    13169 posts Has That Special Something
    Jake wrote: »
    If they raise corporation tax, to pay for all these tuitions fees, funding etc. You know that wages will be lowered / prices will increase, so these firms make up the shortfall, is there anything stopping that?

    I'm guessing you mean labour.

    Firstly he's raising the minimum wage to £10 by 2020. Which is a foot in the right direction. Corporation tax is being raised yes to afford for a shortfall from other places. It's like balancing on a weighing scale. One side goes down the other goes up. What you need to realise is that you need to think forward in 10 years time. You may have kids who want to go to university for example. Living in a council flat do you really think they can afford to pay for their fees? No chance. They will be loaning it for at least 25 years to pay it all off.

    Is there any plan to enforce that these corporations pay the higher rate of CTax? Firms will probably find a way to avoid it.

    That increase is all well and good but it could force firms, especially those that can't afford to run at those increased cost levels, to leave the country, which could then have the knock on effect of jobs being lost for current employees. This was seen in the 70s I think it was with Labour's 83% tax rate on high earners forcing a mass exodus from those who had the biggest contributions or them finding ways to avoid paying it.

    A sudden rise to a £10 minimum wage could also cause extra wage pressure on firms for those earning around £10 p/h right now, as they will believe that their skills that is what earns them the wage above the basic rate should now be rewarded further.


    Just my opinion happy to be proved wrong on this

    Not looked that far into it tbh mert. :lol:

    But you have to look at people who do struggle for work (Zero Hour contracts for sports direct , security companies etc). It will give them more pay. But it can have a knock on effect. Brexit is a knock on effect to hit with it also as you know not many people will be here to work 60+ hours on £7.50 an hour.
  • Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    edited June 2017
    Recardo wrote: »
    further education is a luxury. therefore there should be a fee.

    i had to leave school at 16 and get a job. had bills to pay.

    if you want to sit around scratching your arse for 4-5 years more. you can fricken pay for it.

    like **** i'm paying for that as well.

    You say that which I agree. It should be paid for. But at £9000 a year?

    And also if you want better for British economy, British workers, British nurses, British doctors, how can we get these when people are frightened by the word: tuition fees?

    i live in a student town.

    maybe if these students stopped spending their loans on drink/holidays and cars it wouldn't be so much of an issue.

    get a weekend/evening job. 9k isnt hard to cover.

    instead. they want to party. then cry about having to pay for stuff.



  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    If they raise corporation tax, to pay for all these tuitions fees, funding etc. You know that wages will be lowered / prices will increase, so these firms make up the shortfall, is there anything stopping that?

    When lefties can't answer they just ignore :lol:

    Considering corporation tax has been significantly lowered in the last few years, care to explain why wages haven't correspondingly increased?
  • BrentfordFC
    13169 posts Has That Special Something
    Recardo wrote: »
    Recardo wrote: »
    further education is a luxury. therefore there should be a fee.

    i had to leave school at 16 and get a job. had bills to pay.

    if you want to sit around scratching your arse for 4-5 years more. you can fricken pay for it.

    like **** i'm paying for that as well.

    You say that which I agree. It should be paid for. But at £9000 a year?

    And also if you want better for British economy, British workers, British nurses, British doctors, how can we get these when people are frightened by the word: tuition fees?

    i live in a student town.

    maybe if these students stopped spending their loans on drink/holidays and cars it wouldn't be so much of an issue.

    get a weekend/evening job. 9k isnt hard to cover.

    instead. they want to party. then cry about having to pay for stuff.



    Not all students live that lifestyle :lol:

    Many of them who I know are just normal guys from council estates. They don't go out getting hammered every day. Small minority do it.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2017
    Recardo wrote: »
    Recardo wrote: »
    further education is a luxury. therefore there should be a fee.

    i had to leave school at 16 and get a job. had bills to pay.

    if you want to sit around scratching your arse for 4-5 years more. you can fricken pay for it.

    like **** i'm paying for that as well.

    You say that which I agree. It should be paid for. But at £9000 a year?

    And also if you want better for British economy, British workers, British nurses, British doctors, how can we get these when people are frightened by the word: tuition fees?

    i live in a student town.

    maybe if these students stopped spending their loans on drink/holidays and cars it wouldn't be so much of an issue.

    get a weekend/evening job. 9k isnt hard to cover.

    instead. they want to party. then cry about having to pay for stuff.



    "£9k isn't hard to cover"

    £9k (without deducting NI contributions) is 23 hours per week on the National Living Wage. You also have to find a way to live on top of that.

    £9k per year is also the highest costs for higher education in the OECD.

    The commodification of education in this country is awful.
  • Novakoneold
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    n2j2000 wrote: »
    I haven't decided who I am going to vote for yet but I 100% won't be voting for Jeremy Corbyn. This guy will ruin the UK and run it in to the ground, it will be a disaster! #anyonebutcorbyn

    What led you to that conclusion?

    Daily hateMail I imagine
  • Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    if i want to study now at 35 years of age. maybe learn another language or do an electrician course.

    i have to pay for it.

    why should a student get it cheaper than me? like what is the actual reason? because as far as i can see. we would both be doing it for the same reason.

    learn to pay for things in life. rather than expecting everything for free. it makes you a better person.

    education is free up until you are an adult. then its time to live in the real world as far as i'm concerned.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Recardo wrote: »
    if i want to study now at 35 years of age. maybe learn another language or do an electrician course.

    i have to pay for it.

    why should a student get it cheaper than me? like what is the actual reason? because as far as i can see. we would both be doing it for the same reason.

    learn to pay for things in life. rather than expecting everything for free. it makes you a better person.

    education is free up until you are an adult. then its time to live in the real world as far as i'm concerned.

    Education is basically free at 18. The whole pay 9grand scares people, but its a loan that you pay back when you can afford it, at a tiny rate without any pressure to wipe it clean. Doesnt go against you for a mortgage etc, its just a hidden tax.
  • Novakoneold
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Peter wrote: »
    Recardo wrote: »
    if i want to study now at 35 years of age. maybe learn another language or do an electrician course.

    i have to pay for it.

    why should a student get it cheaper than me? like what is the actual reason? because as far as i can see. we would both be doing it for the same reason.

    learn to pay for things in life. rather than expecting everything for free. it makes you a better person.

    education is free up until you are an adult. then its time to live in the real world as far as i'm concerned.

    Education is basically free at 18. The whole pay 9grand scares people, but its a loan that you pay back when you can afford it, at a tiny rate without any pressure to wipe it clean. Doesnt go against you for a mortgage etc, its just a hidden tax.

    Yup true dis.
    Just comes out of my yearly tax returns.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Tax money shouldn't be used to fund someone's degree in things like sociology and politics. They don't benefit anyone but the person graduating.
  • Yusuf11
    1910 posts Fans' Favourite
    I will be voting UKIP cos I want foreigners out and I feel like my people bave been neglected for far too long by the main two parties. I may vote tories however cos I think the richer corporations are the better wages we'll get.
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    Ding ding ding

    Round 2
  • clsMUFC
    1236 posts Professional
    I genuinly don't think i can decide, Labour's policies are absolutley outrageous especially their view on taxes... introducing a new 50% bracket at £125k!? are they for real! People worked hard to get their salaries as high as they are only to be punished by some idiot who in too deep. I can;t vote conservative because i never have and i just think conservative are for the upper class, Lib Dems have some good points but i can't vote for them as they want to oppose brexit... and that would contradict me voting out... and they also want to legalise Cannabis which is a stupid idea. Although weed may bring in huge taxes, why would we want to be a country of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ zombies.

    All of them have massive points that mean i cant vote for them... the only solution is to pack my bags and move to Australia where life is good.
  • clsMUFC
    1236 posts Professional
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    I will be voting UKIP cos I want foreigners out and I feel like my people bave been neglected for far too long by the main two parties. I may vote tories however cos I think the richer corporations are the better wages we'll get.

    Judging by your name.. you originate from immigration so how can you say that? I'm not judging as i'm a 2nd generation immigrant
  • Yusuf11
    1910 posts Fans' Favourite
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    I will be voting UKIP cos I want foreigners out and I feel like my people bave been neglected for far too long by the main two parties. I may vote tories however cos I think the richer corporations are the better wages we'll get.

    Judging by your name.. you originate from immigration so how can you say that? I'm not judging as i'm a 2nd generation immigrant

    What a prejudiced guy. It was sarcasm tbf. I will vote labour because Corbyn will help out the poor more than the rest and yes he'll take a slightly larger cut from the rich amongst us but we need this country to be selfless. We need to care about each other a little more even if it means I take home a little less. It's better that I go on 1 less holiday than some poor family not being able to feed their kids the proper nutrients in school holidays, maybe partially because of a bad budget at home but also because that's all they know and we can either wiggle our fingers at thrm or help to improve them, in which case it'll improve our societies and therefore my lineage to come
  • dannyboy
    12875 posts Has That Special Something
    ManyakFC wrote: »
    To be completely honest im never voting conservatives again, the way our education system prices for university went up because of the whole conservative party is a joke, 9k+ per year for a course yet the same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that raised the price got their education for free. No wonder there are so many mindless and clueless people in our world today. Universities were doing fine on 3k a year, i struggle to see how raising it to 9k did anything other than put people in more debt. cos i sure as hell did not get any extra things from those that paid 3k a year . As for all the other policies im not going to debate or get into them but like everyone is saying at least corbyn sticks to his guns.

    Don't you get scholarships or grants in the UK? ❤️❤️❤️❤️ paying 9k a year
  • Yusuf11
    1910 posts Fans' Favourite
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    I will be voting UKIP cos I want foreigners out and I feel like my people bave been neglected for far too long by the main two parties. I may vote tories however cos I think the richer corporations are the better wages we'll get.

    Judging by your name.. you originate from immigration so how can you say that? I'm not judging as i'm a 2nd generation immigrant

    As far as immigration is concerned science tells us we're all immigrants so...if you want to stop immigration you get out first and go back to Africa where you came from
  • ChrisLFC
    7303 posts Big Money Move
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    clsMUFC wrote: »
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    I will be voting UKIP cos I want foreigners out and I feel like my people bave been neglected for far too long by the main two parties. I may vote tories however cos I think the richer corporations are the better wages we'll get.

    Judging by your name.. you originate from immigration so how can you say that? I'm not judging as i'm a 2nd generation immigrant

    As far as immigration is concerned science tells us we're all immigrants so...if you want to stop immigration you get out first and go back to Africa where you came from

    The Out of Africa theory is being disputed apparently.
Sign In or Register to comment.