The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Ideas to take FUT forward for Fifa 18.

1690_Ulster_FC
3637 posts National Call-Up
I've only started playing the past 2 days after putting my controller down in January.

I've played this gamemode since FUT first appeared in FIFA and its honestly getting boring now.

Some ideas of mine.

Bronze Silver and Gold tournaments.. bigger coin prizes for winning matches and final placing in tournaments with packs awarded for winning tournaments and leagues.

Div 1 players actually play Div 1/Div 2 players.
Div 2 plays Div 1/2/3.
Div 3 Plays Div 2/3/4
Etc.

Bigger rewards for playing seasons based on your points tally overall and not just relegation or promotion.
Maybe you have to pay a salary each season per player based on a small percentage of how much the player cost to buy.

If you want a high rated squad you have to budget for it, maybe leading to a variety of squads you face.

Get rid off pace on chem cards and have the gameplay a similar pace as online seasons.

Ability to link players across leagues somehow, maybe have them play 50-100 to get 10 chemistry.

Longer injuries for players and show us what players are injury prone.

More variation on position changes to fill packs and the ability to customise formations on the FUT main menu with custom formation cards to fill packs.

Make it feel like a player manager mode.

Oh and layer the search for players by ping..50 m/s ping, then search 70 m/s ping, 100 ping etc to make the games fairer.

Comments

• TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    Longer injuries?... right lmao

Also making players pay extra (via a salary idea) is effectively punishing players for buying higher rated/better players - stupid idea. Little jimmy could of been trading and playing his way to Ronaldo all year and finally when it comes to buying him...he's met with having to pay out even more coins to use his favourite player.

They need the old chem system back, two orange links cancelling a dead like UT12 , could make a better variety of teams then
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    how about them fixing gameplay anf lag..?
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    I can live with them tweaking aspects around SBC's etc, but they have to introduce dedicated servers for Seasons!

Have heaps of other thoughts - dating back to FIFA 13 that they still haven't addressed. Too long for so early in the morning :wink:
  • ZizioGardo
    1435 posts Professional

Why in the world would you want longer injuries for players? :|

• bberger
    I can live with them tweaking aspects around SBC's etc, but they have to introduce dedicated servers for Seasons!

Have heaps of other thoughts - dating back to FIFA 13 that they still haven't addressed. Too long for so early in the morning :wink:

Please DON'T! At least on seasons I can control if I want risking playing a laggy snob.

WL and DKT are the most horrible experience for me. Have you even once played WL in the past few months?! It's hardcore unplayable..
  • Gerdinho90
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    no offence, but before anything, input delay should be fixed. Then we can talk about additions to the game
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    ZizioGardo wrote: »

Why in the world would you want longer injuries for players? :|

Add some realism to the mode..also fitness levels should be alot higher leading to more matches being played before swapping a player onto the bench.

Its a risk of taking an injury prone player with a high rating...it would add variations to peoples teams.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    Also take tactics the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of the game. One standard tactic and best man wins
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    Just make it like football manager.
    Scrap chemistry and the gimmicky ****.

Keep IF cards but they need a 're think.
    Having stats all in the 90s is a joke for average players.
    Make players have to gain familiarity if they haven't played with a player before

• AlwaysDisappointed
    1855 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think they need to cut back on how many fitness points are lost per game. Some players lose 7-9 fitness points which is ridiculous

Add more tourneys

Add a free arena or skills challenge for fut where you can just mess around with a specific player.

Make back heels a LT pass only

• tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    All I want is a revamped chemistry system.
  • AliasMaurice
    2346 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2017
    No chemistry cards.
    No training cards.
    No position changes.
    No injuries.

It's ultimate team. We should be using cards based on their stats and position. Cards should have a few positions to counter the position change but only to reflect real life flexibility.

More manual controls.

Less Ai interference, just because I've selected a specific in game tactic my team shouldn't then be boosted or nerfed. Selecting attacking should make my team more attacking but not to the point where my players all start making perfect runs with magnet passing to feet or the opposite is the case and the team stops marking or Ai leaves massive gaps in defence and not from being counter attached which is understandable. Both players should have some level of control. You can tell you've got it wrong with the tactics as your team will give the ball away, gets fouls called against them for slightest contact. Stop tracking back regardless of cards work rates etc and my favourite where the game will not let select certain players to defend with usually a cdm.

This underhand game mechanic shouldn't dictate results like it does in close games.

The skill gap needs to become wider. Alot of us will of played games years ago when controls had to be mastered and if you were bad at a game you simpler had to get better.

Tables need to be brought back so can see you're ranking.

Matchmaking needs to be better and more transparent. Maybe showing hosts nation on match up screen.

In game needs fixing. It's almost there with a hell of alot right but the automation and how the tactics work make the game unbalanced and therefore seem unfair but fix referees calling fouls and issuing cards, throw ins and corners/goal kicks incorrectly.

ball physics also needs a overall.

Make gk the same level for both players Eg both keepers on world class Ai mode not one teams gk on legendary and the others on semi pro. Because that feels like the case at times.

More card stats for you're club as it shouldnt just be games goals and assists. Average rating, Motm, win percentage as a minimum need to be added with goals conceded and clean sheets on keeper cards.

Better gameplay
    Better servers
    Less artificial card boots
    A fairer game.

What we will get is fifa 15.4 with the same animation lottery copy and paste game, menus, modes but even more boosted cards and colours.

Something I'd like to see as I think people would like it but imagine if you would in your club a huge digital stiker album representing every league, club, player in the game. Once you have loyalty with a player ether packed or from games the sticker is filled in. Even if the player is sold or put into a sbc it would show who you've packed or used from the database. This would also allow for rolling stats. God knows how many times I've bought and sold cards in the teams I've used. I must have over 500 goals with Griezmann but if I went and bought his card again I'd start from scratch. The individual card should start from 0 with a new owner but this album as such would allow for a rolling total.

Also in seasons. Checking history should have a page for all 10 divisions with a individual division history as well as a total history.

Weekend league should have a blank fixture list that is filled in as games are played so you can check your form and who you have played. with their record (either tier or wins) visible so you can gauge yourself and how you have played.
    Post edited by AliasMaurice on
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    bberger wrote: »

Please DON'T! At least on seasons I can control if I want risking playing a laggy snob.

WL and DKT are the most horrible experience for me. Have you even once played WL in the past few months?! It's hardcore unplayable..

Yep - play every week.

Each to their own - wherever you're based, you obviously have an issue. P2P on my side of the world is so frustrating.
  • LoPo9
    1013 posts Professional
    There should be in game injuries which make you have to sub. This way, subs actually matter. It shouldn't happen all the time, but it would be cool. Get rid of injuries for upcoming matches. Either in game only or nothing.

Every single price range for almost all bronze and silver should be cut in half. Price fixing bronze and silver has made SBC less enjoyable.

No team management before halftime. Changing formation and/or subbing in the first half is completely unrealistic. Happens so infrequently in real life.

Just a few....
  • Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up

Myself and many others haven't had a laggy game all year. All my games especially in WL/DKT are perfect connection
  • Fix draft
  • Retro_G
    31990 posts National Team Captain

No thank you, seasons is fine on peer to peer. They've perfected the netcode over the years, there is a reason the majority of 1 vs 1 games use P2P over dedicated servers.
  • Pronoob
    5403 posts Big Money Move
    A fut practice arena.
  • Blackbag69
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2017
    I would like the ability to decide on 2 tactics before the game.

I play using a 433 variant and tell my wingers to stay forward, however later in the game if I'm trying to hold a lead I tell me wingers come come back and defend.

Therefore It would make sense to have a second tactic assigned to one of the D pad directions, so late in the game I could switch to a 451 at the press of a button and have all the instruction already set.

There would be no need to pause the game and it could also take a few in game minutes for the players to make the switch
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    Retro_G wrote: »

No thank you, seasons is fine on peer to peer. They've perfected the netcode over the years, there is a reason the majority of 1 vs 1 games use P2P over dedicated servers.

The search method needs updating. I should be searching for people in Northern Ireland first, then the Republic of Ireland, Scotland/England and Wales and then Europe.

Sick of button lag, sluggish players and the opposition seemingly having an advantage.
  • bberger
    edited June 2017
    Fletch wrote: »

Myself and many others haven't had a laggy game all year. All my games especially in WL/DKT are perfect connection

I'm in the middle of Europe (Austria to be exact) and I get forced to Northern American servers more often than not. Doesn't help that EA hides all their servers behind US IP adresses so you get either old blocking non EU servers or youjust give in amd ultimately up on it amd stop playing WL amd DKT alltogether..

Seasons at least is playablr for me. Need to use a Netduma though to comfortably restrict the search radius to europe but it works. Dedicated servers are 9/10 a complete mess for me and it's not my line to blame as I have a dedicated gaming line with zero bufferbloat and <5ms ping to the backbone in Vienna..
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »

I really doubt they changed much.

Its all down to how your packets navigate through zones to reach he other player.
    plus throw in stuff like packet over heads.

I recently changed from movistar to vodafone on a redistributed package.
    basically using everything the same till my packets hit the vodafone node.

p2p improved instantly.

what your saying may be slighty true but what i experienced is way more down to how isps run things.
  • ET95
    897 posts Semi-Pro
    Bring back the COLLECTION BOOK
  • Andyh60
    702 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Need more worthwhile things to play for such as the weekend league. League system should run Monday-Sunday so that EVERYONE can take part. Then depending on wins you go through to ko tourney the following week. Therefore from week 2 you get to play your ko for actual prizes but at same time need to play league to get into the next weeks tourney etc etc obviously get coins for playing/winning league games.

Then coins/packs for KO performance, say 5 entries into ko and your best performance gets you respective prize.