Is there a way to turn off opponents mic?

WallOfTrump
585 posts Sunday League Hero
There is nothing more annoying then listening to some kid try and talk trash all game or two people chat in a foreign language.
How do you mute them? If there isn't a way that absurd and needs to be changed.

Comments

• Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Create a chat party
  • wwffan99tx
    700 posts Semi-Pro
    Are you listening through TV/Monitor or headphones? I think there is a setting under devices where you can choose to hear all/commentators only/chat only on the headphones
  • Xguti002
    1998 posts Fans' Favourite
    I usually either listen to music from my iPhone or just mute the tv so I can concentrate. They can be talking trash all they want but I can't hear a thing lol
  • funkychill
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I swear every time opponent's on mic it's some italian guy lol
  • Jambo1410
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    U used to be able to mute them when ur on first screen wen getting matched with someone just press square not sure if it's still there in this version
  • General-Richa
    1094 posts Professional
    Nana_bitty wrote: »
    Create a chat party

This is maybe the best option, but even that is flawed... if you get a network error you may lose connection to the party but can still be connected to the game (so you will instantly be hearing the chat again and if your chat settings are like mine it will come back at a higher volume than the game was whilst in the chat party).

Sony should have an option to mute all game chat in my opinion. I don't want to hear randoms cursing in any game.
  • aberry1000
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    Xguti002 wrote: »
    I usually either listen to music from my iPhone or just mute the tv so I can concentrate. They can be talking trash all they want but I can't hear a thing lol

Same here, always mute FIFA

Who wants to listen the same commentary over 1000 times anyway
  • Team Sam
    1875 posts Fans' Favourite
    Xguti002 wrote: »

ditto. I just listen to podcasts or have the TV on
  • Chavez
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    use spotify via PS, works fine :)