Defensive formation

wwffan99tx
700 posts Semi-Pro
edited May 2017
I admit I am not very good at defending so I'm wondering what are the best formations for users who aren't that skilled at defending? Any suggestions? Also, prefer formations with 2 strikers if possible.

Comments

• Kove
    4115 posts National Call-Up
    Imo the most defensive (not meaning negative here) formations are 4231 variants but you should look at balance first.

Try a flat 442, that way you can find out what you like and don't like. Move to a 442-2 if are being over run in midfield. Go to a 41212 if your suffering from lack of creation.
  • Lackosweat
    6084 posts Big Money Move
    Kove wrote: »
    Imo the most defensive (not meaning negative here) formations are 4231 variants but you should look at balance first.

Try a flat 442, that way you can find out what you like and don't like. Move to a 442-2 if are being over run in midfield. Go to a 41212 if your suffering from lack of creation.

• CosmicDance
    576 posts An Exciting Prospect
    When I've been using teams with low defending stats I've generally used the 5-2-1-2 formation.

It seems to have offered me a lot more defensive cover, plus options for the counter.
  • wwffan99tx
    700 posts Semi-Pro
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to do some experimenting with those formations.