Ever matched up against a friend in WL?

Alp_2760
1952 posts Play-Off Hero
So me and a friend had the day off yesterday, we both needed a couple things, so I picked him up, we sorted some bits and grabbed some food for when we got back. I dropped him off, got back, loaded up fifa to crack on with weekend league and in the first match, I instantly recognized the team. Dropped him a message and he'd seen mine straight away.

I suppose the chances are higher, early ish on Friday but I still thought it was pretty funny. I won and messaged him saying sorry but it was great playing him, we have similar play styles and there were no cheese tactics, defensive or time wasting monkey business.

Anyone else happened across someone they know during WL?

Comments

• Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    Played a toon fan I have on my friends list we had met each other in seasons a few times and oft talked about our clubs irl, instantly recognised the team as he plays a pl/newcastle hybrid. He won that day. Got revenge in div 2 seasons a week later.
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played a toon fan I have on my friends list we had met each other in seasons a few times and oft talked about our clubs irl, instantly recognised the team as he plays a pl/newcastle hybrid. He won that day. Got revenge in div 2 seasons a week later.

Haha yeah I did actually feel bad for winning. Especially when I know his games needed for what he wants for monthly etc.
  • Fletch
    3405 posts National Call-Up
    All the time actually lol. Kinda annoying to be honest
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fletch wrote: »
    All the time actually lol. Kinda annoying to be honest

First time I've ever had it happen tbh! Sort of surprising, seeing as I can have a good amount of people all playing WL at the same time.