Women's National Teams for FIFA 16

MJP
5944 posts Big Money Move
edited May 2015

KEY POINTS
-Will not be able for use in UT16
-Ratings will be based on the Women's sport, not comparable to the Men's.
-The 12 teams will have full squads, all with personal game faces
-Female Ultimate Team may come in the future
-Compete in Match Day, Offline Tournament and Online Friendly Matches
-Available Teams; Germany, USA, France, Sweden, England, Brazil, Canada, Australia, Spain, China, Italy, Mexico
-Exclusively Women v Women, no crossover
Post edited by MJP on

Comments

• MJP
    Star plays such as Canada's Christine Sinclair, USA's Alex Morgan, and England's Stephanie Houghton have had their movements captured in order to create a higher level of likeliness.
  • ManzGOTIT
    2317 posts Fans' Favourite
    So good
  • MJP
    *THEY WILL NOT BE PART OF FIFA 16 ULTIMATE TEAM*
  • leighdegree
    936 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ugh
  • On3PoundFish
    7892 posts League Winner
    what about creating a decent game before adding useless stuff like this?
  • MJP
    what about creating a decent game before adding useless stuff like this?
    It's a nice feature to add on, won't distract too much from other work either as it's just for a few certain game modes.
  • MJP
    As it is a separate game mode, the ratings will most likely reflect the Women's game rather than being a direct comparison to the mens side. Therefore the top players such as Alex Morgan will most likely end up having a 90+ rating.
  • NornIron
    12061 posts Has That Special Something
    MJP wrote: »
    As it is a separate game mode, the ratings will most likely reflect the Women's game rather than being a direct comparison to the mens side. Therefore the top players such as Alex Morgan will most likely end up having a 90+ rating.

This.

• MJP
    The underlying gameplay engine remains identical to the men’s game, although attributes and traits are scaled to other players of the same sex. “You will get 80-rated players in the women’s teams but they’re not the same as an 80-rated player in the men’s game,” explained Rutter. “Our Cologne team [which handles all player data] has been through a ton of women’s matches over the last year or so, gathering details, information and their opinion on the players, in order to create these ratings.”

The studio did discuss making an all-female Ultimate Team, as well as including the female teams from clubs such as Manchester City, but felt it too much of a stretch in this inaugural season. “We have 12 international teams,” said Rutter. “That won’t give us a population large enough to make anything close to a good Ultimate Team mode. We could have gone down the road of creating domestic leagues as well, but we probably wouldn’t have been able to stretch our resources far enough this year to provide a believable and broad crop of players.”
  • Stocker16
    77 posts Park Captain
    Great, just what everyone wanted
  • MJP
    Expands their target market and is fantastic PR, regardless of whether you want it or not, it's a great move from EA.
  • NornIron
    12061 posts Has That Special Something
    Will be a great place to chat up girls.
  • JC
    1847 posts Play-Off Hero
    lol who gives a ****. Load of ****
  • Mike
    10067 posts Has That Special Something
    NornIron wrote: »
    What does that even mean
  • Swylie96
    274 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can't see any reason to complain, will only make the game more popular and if you don't like it you don't have to go anywhere near it
  • DUKESTER-x
    2839 posts National Call-Up
    Mike wrote: »
    NornIron wrote: »
    What does that even mean

He's trying to be funny though it doesn't make sense.
  • willdarko
    1102 posts Professional
    Expands their target market and is fantastic PR, regardless of whether you want it or not, it's a great move from EA.

Yep.
    Apparently female gamers account for 48% of the market - more than likely a lower number than that for a game like FIFA - there's definitely a market for the women to be included.

I personally won't use the mode very much, maybe some friendlies when I have friends over to see what it's like, but that's about it.

• MJP
    Swylie96 wrote: »
    Can't see any reason to complain, will only make the game more popular and if you don't like it you don't have to go anywhere near it
    Precisely, applies to all the other game modes that are added which certain people don't like. However they don't receive such a hostile reaction, wonder why.
  • JC
    1847 posts Play-Off Hero
    Because I'd rather they spent time improving the gameplay instead of putting in pointless things like this. Plus, look how **** the game looks in that trailer, any improvement on fifa 15?
  • MJP
    willdarko wrote: »

Yep.
    Apparently female gamers account for 48% of the market - more than likely a lower number than that for a game like FIFA - there's definitely a market for the women to be included.

I personally won't use the mode very much, maybe some friendlies when I have friends over to see what it's like, but that's about it.
    Yeah, it's a step in the right direction regardless and all it'll do is raise their profile within that 48% community for the right reasons.
  • IISUPERXEROII
    849 posts Professional
    Ain't buying FIFA 16 now what the point
  • MJP
    JC wrote: »
    Because I'd rather they spent time improving the gameplay instead of putting in pointless things like this. Plus, look how **** the game looks in that trailer, any improvement on fifa 15?
    Obviously they're doing both, they have hundreds of employees who are able to work on more than one thing at once. All the places have game faces and will look fantastic in post-production.
  • MJP
    I'm sure they won't miss you.
  • Shaanxz
    20725 posts Club Captain

It's an old engine the boots are outdated
  • JC wrote: »
    But fifa 16 isnt out yet and its only what May? Theres plenty of time to release other features. They just said this now because womens world cup is next week.

• JC
    1847 posts Play-Off Hero
    Obviously they're doing both, they have hundreds of employees who are able to work on more than one thing at once. All the places have game faces and will look fantastic in post-production.

Concentrate those employees doing something that actually matters.

Do they really think they'll get much more sales from this :joy: No one is interested in woman's football ffs the quality is worse than Conference football.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Will you be able to play online with them I wonder? Might actually be fun. Should be less 90 pace 80 strengths beasts to worry about in this mode. If any.
  • IISUPERXEROII
    849 posts Professional
    I'm sure they won't miss you.
    It pointless fix the gameplay
  • MJP
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Will you be able to play online with them I wonder? Might actually be fun. Should be less 90 pace 80 strengths beasts to worry about in this mode. If any.
    You can do online single matches, however this year there won't be any Online Seasons/Ultimate Team.
  • Orikoru wrote: »

It doesnt say online to be honest, only friendlies.