FUT 18 Badge Cards

jrspc
112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
What if Badge cards could be applied to a player's card, thus changing the player's listed team?

It would have some interesting impacts:

Example: Your FUT team is based on Manchester City and is filled with other Premier League players, but you are not happy with the limited options at LB. You want to add Jordi Alba to your team but it kills his chemistry and lowers your over-all team chemistry. The new rule would allow you buy a Manchester City Badge card and apply it to Jordi Alba's card. The badge card is lost but now that specific Jordi Alba card is listed as a Manchester City player.

Impacts:
#1 The player could then be a better fit for the chemistry of your FUT team
#2 Badge cards would have "real" value in the game.
#3 The player card with the new team applied would have varying value if subsequently placed on the market.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• IVIRCATALYST
    1290 posts Professional
    I like the chemistry system the way it is.
  • Gromit
    4523 posts National Call-Up
    No this is too silly, may aswell just remove chemistry. Which would be an awful idea.

The only chem change that is viable IMO is immunity for your selected captain. This would allow more freedom without being totally game breaking.
  • Fab
    19471 posts World Class
    so buy 11 of these cards from some tinpot team for next to nothing and u dont have to look at chemistry anymore? may as well remove it then
  • jrspc
    FAB

That is a good point
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gromit wrote: »
    No this is too silly, may aswell just remove chemistry. Which would be an awful idea.

The only chem change that is viable IMO is immunity for your selected captain. This would allow more freedom without being totally game breaking.

I like the captain idea. That would throw in some nice players from other leagues
  • [Z]one[ONE]
    1400 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is a great idea but maybe you should need 10 badges and loyalty on the player to change their club!
  • Chance_The_Fapper
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special

That's a cool idea!
  • Rickayt
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    Only thing that needs to change is formation lock like Draft
  • jrspc

Ohhh cool twist

so you can change the captain of your team with 10 badges

that would work really well
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    I like the chemistry system the way it is.

Loooool

#BringBack1,5linkForCountry
  • ADenton95
    68 posts Park Captain
    edited May 2017
    Nah I'm not a big fan, for example I'm a Leeds fan so rather then making a Leeds/hybrid in the players I could make messi a Leeds player. If I wanted to do that I would play career mode

I think it kills the creative of squad creation. Your other problem is that every badge would have to have a high value otherwise I'm just going to convert every one to a acrington Stanley player
  • jrspc
    While we are on chemistry, dam it would be cool if bad chemistry actually impeded your team's potential.
    We all know you can play with low chemistry and it does not hamper your play.

For GOD sake you can field 11 goalies from 11 leagues and be competitive.

• TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    jrspc wrote: »
    While we are on chemistry, dam it would be cool if bad chemistry actually impeded your team's potential.

Said nobody ever, chem glitch has been fixed and nobody could play with 10 goalies outfield , let alone win
  • ADenton95
    68 posts Park Captain

Your goalkeeper comment is a massive exaggeration. Unless by competitive you mean div 5 or higher
  • jrspc
    Really

Some of the strongest players I've ever faced rock the house with basically no chemistry.
  • ADenton95
    68 posts Park Captain
    Really

Some of the strongest players I've ever faced rock the house with basically no chemistry.

Yeah I agree but not goalkeepers at striker bad

• TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    Really

Only applies to Draft IMO, 0-3 chem players playing like gods on that - i consider it separate to FUT tbh
  • jrspc
    I suppose I would have to field 11 goalies from 11 leagues and win something to prove my point.

Which probably is beyond my limited prestidigitation.
  • jrspc
    Might have been more accurate to say some players are so good they make chemistry seem irrelevant when beating my sorry butt.

:)
  • ADenton95
    68 posts Park Captain
    edited May 2017
    I suppose I would have to field 11 goalies from 11 leagues and win something to prove my point.

Yeah if you could get 10+ win in the WL with a team full of gks I would give you all my coins

• bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move

this
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Chemistry needs to be revamped. I'm not sure this would be the best way to do it.
  • LiamSully
    6967 posts Big Money Move
    Licensing

/Thread
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    I like the idea of chemistry, it's always been a part of FUT and keeps teams grounded. The system needs to be changed though, it's getting a bit stale now. I still don't understand why they changed the way nation links work in 15, it used to be so much easier to make hybrids.

Not sure about this badge thing though, defeats the purpose of it entirely.
  • fluffymnuffy
    12771 posts Has That Special Something
    Maybe if it made them untradeable
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Licensing says no.
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Nana_bitty wrote: »

I like the captain idea. That would throw in some nice players from other leagues

The captain idea is brilliant tbf. Would kinda bring Legends to PS4 side.
  • BOBBYFRAY
    771 posts Semi-Pro
    I still don't understand why people/EA maintain that 'chemistry' is necessary. It's so arbitrary. The problem really is the game mechanics. If people want to play 11 fast strikers because a lack of a 'chemistry system' allows them to do show, the game mechanics should punish them for doing so.

It would be nice if I could actually build my ultimate team, playing players in their proper positions, regardless of their league/nationality allegiances, but I can't see it changing. I'll never understand how an Arsenal player, and a Tottenham player, for example, have 'chemistry' just because they play in the same league.
  • slicknick
    2626 posts Fans' Favourite
    LiamSully wrote: »
    Licensing

/Thread

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero

You only need one goalie as a striker, lol