Most coins you wasted?

Lilwhit
516 posts Sunday League Hero
Hoping to feel better by seeing some of your wastes. I bought an 86 Eriksen instead of a 88 :s. I actually played a full knockout tourn without realizing. I thought to myself Eriksen seems really average then realized it was his 86. :#

Comments

• SeanDCFC
    2643 posts Fans' Favourite
    :lol:
  • MaddMike3711
    12945 posts Has That Special Something
    On Casemiros. Probably lost a total of 350-400k on his various special cards throughout the year.
    My other cards didn't even come close to that. :D
  • RWU
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    Lost 1m in fresh Pele but enjoying him

Did the stupid 2ptom Son and now he has a new card
  • Izzy2K17
    13751 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2017
    Technically I didn't waste any coins but I sold my IF Carrasco the night before the POTM Hazard was announced and he was up 120k the next morning after I sold him...
  • Aerobar28
    82 posts Park Captain
    I've hit the 10K "buy it now" by accident on on a Bastian Sweinsteger when he was worth about $2K for an SBC once but thats probably it. Such a waste.
  • ImAnoob
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    About 700-800k on these premium upgrade sbcs lol pulled 6 tots so far (2 dupes) and other decent 84+ nifs that'll come in handy for sbcs so not too bad really
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Aerobar28 wrote: »
    I've hit the 10K "buy it now" by accident on on a Bastian Sweinsteger when he was worth about $2K for an SBC once but thats probably it. Such a waste.

Bought a kit the other day for 5k. The first one (200 BIN) had a 150 bid on it so let the guy have it and flicked to the next one and instantly binned it without realising that I hadn't put a max price on.
  • Aerobar28
    82 posts Park Captain

Bought a kit the other day for 5k. The first one (200 BIN) had a 150 bid on it so let the guy have it and flicked to the next one and instantly binned it without realising that I hadn't put a max price on.

Ouch!!
  • Lilwhit
    A few weeks ago i bought about 5 fitness cards and quick sold them instead of sending to club.
  • Lilwhit
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »
    Technically I didn't waste any coins but I sold my IF Carrasco the night before the POTM Hazard was announced and he was up 120k the next morning after I sold him...

Had that happen to me for 84 Alli he doubled in price in a few days.
  • rick72
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lilwhit wrote: »
    Hoping to feel better by seeing some of your wastes. I bought an 86 Eriksen instead of a 88 :s. I actually played a full knockout tourn without realizing. I thought to myself Eriksen seems really average then realized it was his 86. :#

I did the same thing wanted 87 benteke, ended up buying 86 benteke for the price of the 87 i was not happy
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2017
    RWU wrote: »

Yeah, I lost a few hundred thousand trying out fresh Pele as well!

If I had just waited six hours could've turned a profit selling him. One went up for 2.8 in the morning and I stood and watched him go unsold for 20 minutes.

I paid 3.4 :joy:
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite

I did this on Szczesny. Was livid. Whole team had been worth less than that, went to bid 750, had a fat handed moment and bought now.

Seller must have weed themselves.
  • Embrared
    976 posts Semi-Pro
    Did that modric SBC at Christmas only to buy his TOTY a couple of weeks later
  • LFCKhalifa
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    Over the year i wasted a lot in SBCs, especially the OTW challenge, but this week it's all paying out, spent about 250k on the PL premium upgrade, got Mané, Kante and Valencia (all TOTS), on top of that i got Dendoncker TOTS in a 3 non rare upgrade pack and another Dutch guy in a gold upgrade pack... i will do those upgrade packs all the time....
  • RWU
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    RWU wrote: »

Yeah, I lost a few hundred thousand trying out fresh Pele as well!

If I had just waited six hours could've turned a profit selling him. One went up for 2.8 in the morning and I stood and watched him go unsold for 20 minutes.

I paid 3.4 :joy:

Better than me I got him for 3.7m :'(

But he is really fun to use and particularly enjoy his chip shot over onrushing GK
  • Stkyfngz
    4926 posts Big Money Move
    I lost over 2 mil might even be 3 mil now just by holding onto a team i like that's just slowly depreciated in value :D
  • fifaplayerbol
    4378 posts National Call-Up
    I just out put a 50k team into the 84 plus TOTW IF SBC, got a duplicate Jagielka, feel awful haha
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    OTW cards. I bought about 4-5 Luiz Adriano for 30k, Jese for 40k, Ntep and Malli for 30k a while back, didn't really pay attention to prices and they all dropped to practically discard.Sold all of them for around 15k.
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    Most coins i wasted was 500K on a SBC Suarez. Never use him what a waste
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Most coins i wasted was 500K on a SBC Suarez. Never use him what a waste

Why did you do it?
  • Realist
    3494 posts National Call-Up
    Hmmmm where to start.....

400k on coins packs during fut birthday where I got nothing of note

Accidentally bought SIF alonso for 150k when going price was 55k

Accidentally listed motm tolisso for 22k rather than 220k

• maxfifafan
    1059 posts Professional
    Approximately 300k on these premium upgrade SBC's getting absolutely jack all.
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    Waited weeks before buying FUT Bday cards. When I finally bought them over the next few days this happened:

Villa 280k -> 80k
    Eto'o 250k -> 80k
    Podolski 180k -> 50k
    Taiwo 40k -> Discard
    Doumbia 40k -> near discard
    Sow -> 200k -> 80k

I basically bought my 'final' teams a day before the big crash and missed it. Roughly lost a mill during 3 days of time on hyped players I liked for sentimental reasons
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    a millie on bentekes dark times indeed
  • aceofknaves73
    1158 posts Professional
    Torres sbc. As much as i love him how i wish i could have my 700k back :(
  • Kove
    4847 posts Big Money Move
    Last year i sold TOTS muller for 1/10 of his price (the mobile app + fat fingers)
  • rankon.
    2259 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've done the Eriksen error as well and lost about 70k
  • MorroWtje
    5546 posts Big Money Move
    I remember in fut 13, I didn't really know much about trading/EA tax, and I used to buy a Dani Alves for like 250k, and sell for 253k to make a 'profit'. Took me a lot longer than it should have to realise i was losing coins
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Keeping hold of 86 Mertens.

Bought him for around 400k ages ago, just left him sat in my club. Last time I looked he was down to 180k. But I'm not bothered. I've been playing bronze and silver mostly and using cheap unusual players is more fun than building these predictable boring OP squads anyway.