How would this play?

paw14
1074 posts Professional
3c15958b257282b9f68e29cd027280b8.png

Never used 5 at the back before but this team i threw together looks crazy. I have everyone except Ramos, Marcelo, Luiz, Alves and De Gea.

Comments

• SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Why wouldn't you just use 4312?
  • P
    7507 posts League Winner
    edited May 2017
    State of that

Theres a reason you don't see 5atb much this year. It's just not good.
  • paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    Why wouldn't you just use 4312?

@SupaNoodle1990 I play 4312 at the moment with half of that team but I just concede sloppy goals so i was thinking 5 at the back would put a stop to it. In 4312 you mostly rely on the front 3 anyway which is the same as this formation too.

@P aha that's the stigma attached with 5 at the back!
  • Falafelmonster
    4816 posts National Call-Up
    Cool looking but I'd sell pele and RB Ronaldo, get TOTY Ronaldo and Suarez.
  • paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    Cool looking but I'd sell pele and RB Ronaldo, get TOTY Ronaldo and Suarez.

@Falafelmonster one of them wouldn't be on full them though because of the link to Kante. Interesting suggestion but Pele does have an elite feel to him
  • DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    I had a similar idea a few weeks back after building a team that would have been perfect.

The formation is just horrible. Even on attackimg or ultra attack.
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you set up the CT and PI's properly you can probably get it to play like a 352 with a slightly more defensive feel to it.

That being said I really never have a problem against that formation. I find it leaves plenty of gaps in defence to take advantage of.
  • BrentfordFC
    11648 posts Has That Special Something
    5 atb will not help you improve your defence. Switch to 3 and then you'll learn
  • Sean2On
    1106 posts Professional
    5212 is probably my most favorite formation this year. Imo you have too many high attacking workrates on your defense.
    The best w/r for the 5 is:
    LWB/RWB: H/M, H/H
    LCB/RCB: M/M, M/H, L/H
    CCB: H/M
  • NindozG
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    you have to best players no need 5tb :neutral:
  • bhafc1901
    2264 posts Fans' Favourite
    Change to 4 at the back in game and use Luiz in midfield?
  • paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    @Sean2On this is what i was afraid of. Would it work better if i changed from Luiz to Azpilicueta and Alves to Walker?
  • Sean2On
    1106 posts Professional
    edited May 2017
    paw14 wrote: »
    @Sean2On this is what i was afraid of. Would it work better if i changed from Luiz to Azpilicueta and Alves to Walker?

Unless you have your heart set on Ramos and Marcelo, I'd go Alonso-Azpi-Luiz-Maldini-Alves (or Walker)
  • Gil3000Doe
    895 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agree with the sentiment that you are leaking goals with 4 atb probably because of CB workrates - no harm in using TOTY Pique