Best back 5 possible

paw14
1074 posts Professional
If coins were not an issue what would people consider the best back 5 to be?

Thinking about changing to the below potentially but was wondering if there's anything better?

8c13d4de3528ecf59a916164296976bb.png

Comments

• Sanchezzzz
    3824 posts National Call-Up
    Alonso > Marcelo trust me.
  • Sercs
    18615 posts World Class
    id go Rio over Azpil.. without even trying Azpil mind.. :joy:
  • hoban95
    48515 posts FIFA Cover Star
    tumblr_oo3owu1Txe1shaydvo4_r1_500.gif
  • therealmerk33
    1636 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maldini for Azpi and Alonso for Marcelo
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    Beckenbauer says WTF is this
  • paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    @Sanchezzzz @hoban95 @therealmerk33 is TOTS Alonso actually better than TOTY Marcelo? From what I've read on the forum it's that TOTS Alonso is similar to the SIF. Didn't even consider him after reading that!

@therealmerk33 I have Maldini at the moment and he's great but would a H/M and M/H work as I feel the chosen thing is to go with a M/M when playing a H/M so the gap left isn't too big. That goes with @Sercs suggestions of using Rio who I've seen been used alongside TOTY Ramos
  • paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    Diggy wrote: »

@Diggy i do have him at the moment and I really like him but everyone raving about Ramos is making me try him and having both him and Ramos in a team seems like a recipe for disaster as they're both H/M
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    paw14 wrote: »
    Diggy wrote: »

@Diggy i do have him at the moment and I really like him but everyone raving about Ramos is making me try him and having both him and Ramos in a team seems like a recipe for disaster as they're both H/M

Legend defenders get animations that others don't Franz more so & by you owning him you know what I mean
  • WFCBagnall
    69502 posts Moderator
    Tots De Gea
    Tots Walker Tots Keane Toty Ramos Tots Alonso
  • Yusuf11
    1818 posts Play-Off Hero
    As soon as I read that this flashed through my mind
    De Gea
    Alonso, Luiz, Rio, ramos, Carvajal

But on reflection if I could I would...
    De gea
    Alonso, ramos, luiz, dani alves
  • Sercs
    18615 posts World Class
    @Sanchezzzz @hoban95 @therealmerk33 is TOTS Alonso actually better than TOTY Marcelo? From what I've read on the forum it's that TOTS Alonso is similar to the SIF. Didn't even consider him after reading that!

@therealmerk33 I have Maldini at the moment and he's great but would a H/M and M/H work as I feel the chosen thing is to go with a M/M when playing a H/M so the gap left isn't too big. That goes with @Sercs suggestions of using Rio who I've seen been used alongside TOTY Ramos

Yeah people can say Azpil has 99 jumping with chem style, but 99 jumping Ronaldo beats 99 jumping Azpil.. Need some height. I might be wrong but just the amount of headers from GKs he will lose would be a lot I bet.
  • Cloudio7
    1197 posts Professional
    I'd go with tots Alex Sandro once he'll be out, Tots David Luiz, a legend cb with high defensive wr, or Maldini, tots Walker.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    edited May 2017
    TOTS Sandro - TOTS Luiz - Blanc - TOTS Walker

TOTS Lloris
  • ManTrain
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    Alonso > Marcelo trust me.

Lol. That's just ridiculous.
  • paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    edited May 2017
    Seems like there's a lot of good choice with defenders now that TOTS is out. I came to the thread wanting to stick to 4 at the back and I've never played 5 at the back but how would this play?!

3c15958b257282b9f68e29cd027280b8.png

I play 4312 at the moment but i'm not that great defensively so would this give me more solidarity and if played on attacking then Marcelo and Alves should be great? Not sure about Ramos and Luiz's workrates as the LCB and RCB though?
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Best back 5 in the game IMO:

Marcelo - Ramos - Rio - Valencia
    DDG

(Highest versions of those cards)
  • ScouserChris
    Horrible horrible team I hope I don't come across your team on weekend league
  • Sanchezzzz
    @Sercs Alonso is a special card trust me, 100% the best left back on the game, the challenge will come from Alex Sandro's TOTS but it will be close!
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Seems like there's a lot of good choice with defenders now that TOTS is out. I came to the thread wanting to stick to 4 at the back and I've never played 5 at the back but how would this play?!

3c15958b257282b9f68e29cd027280b8.png

I play 4312 at the moment but i'm not that great defensively so would this give me more solidarity and if played on attacking then Marcelo and Alves should be great? Not sure about Ramos and Luiz's workrates as the LCB and RCB though?

Looks insane
  • paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    Horrible horrible team I hope I don't come across your team on weekend league

@ScouserChris this is why i've always avoided 5 atb because of the stigma associated with it! Not decided anyway, it does look like a crazy team though
  • Sercs
    18615 posts World Class
    @Sercs Alonso is a special card trust me, 100% the best left back on the game, the challenge will come from Alex Sandro's TOTS but it will be close!

I didnt make any comment on the LB bud, both cards look amazing but havent used any either. TOTS Sandro is who ill be going for personally though
  • therealmerk33
    1636 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't know if I'd play two holding mids in a back 5, Kante should do well enough on his own, I'd maybe grab ADP and drop Gullit back in place of Vieira but otherwise insane
  • Sanchezzzz
    Sercs wrote: »

I didnt make any comment on the LB bud, both cards look amazing but havent used any either. TOTS Sandro is who ill be going for personally though

I will be probably due to Chiellini because Azpi has dissapointed me!
  • paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    edited May 2017
    Don't know if I'd play two holding mids in a back 5, Kante should do well enough on his own, I'd maybe grab ADP and drop Gullit back in place of Vieira but otherwise insane

@therealmerk33 I have ADP at the moment as my CAM in 4312 and Gullit as LCM but i feel as if i waste Gullit at LCM but ADP is amazing so would be hard to sell him! Thanks for saying it looks good though! If i post it on the forum i'm sure i'd get a lot of hate for saying it's a filthy team if i make it haha

@coatsy2008 cheers. Reckon Ramos and Luiz would work with those workmates? That's why i thought having two CM's with M/H could compensate.
  • Rinoa
    997 posts Professional
    TOTS Alonso - Blanc- Ferdinand- TOTS Walker

Gks are all horrendous this year. Butland lets in as many goals for me as TOTS LLoris so cant imagine TOTS de Gea is much better. You will concede less goals by taking the 500k for De Gea and sppending it on a world class cdm