So I got TOTS Gonalons...

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
Obviously he's not selling at all. I have glorious plans for how to spend 300k but I'm just wondering (while bored at work) what price band you reckon he'll have to get to before someone buys him?? Should I be planning for 250k or 200k instead? :confounded: (PS4)

[P.S. Never traded because it's tedious/I can't do it so 300k is actually kind of a lot for me.]

Comments

• TheGabc
    1938 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have 2 aswell, he isnt gonna sell until he is down to under 100k, maybe 50-70 i reckon
  • Orikoru
    TheGabc wrote: »
    I have 2 aswell, he isnt gonna sell until he is down to under 100k, maybe 50-70 i reckon

What the hell!? Surely someone will buy him before that stage? They only lower the bands by like 20k each time, at that rate he'll just never sell before Fifa 16 comes out!
  • Barslund
    4644 posts National Call-Up
    Start by asking: Will he be in the Ligue 1 TOTS?
  • iWebbyy
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He will go for well under 100K
  • Dunk
    2012 posts Fans' Favourite
    He could be in Ligue 1 TOTS, but he still won't sell imo for anything less than 70k
  • DG4KH
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    I packed two... he'll sell near 100k i think
  • TheRanger
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Best bet is waiting till they edit price ranges again, possibly tonight.
    If they drop him by 20-30k around 50-60 will sell so if you can list him quick then you've got a good chance of a sale.
  • Simmo
    3459 posts National Call-Up
    He won't sell until he hits 75k.
  • Orikoru
    This is all terrible news guys. (But thanks for the feedback anyway.) How long will I have to wait for EA to even lower the price ranges enough for him to sell at all? What rubbish. First time I pack a decent player in about 3 years, and this has totally ruined it for me.

If he even sold for like 200k I could probably just about do what I was planning, but any less and it's out the window. :(
  • Orikoru
    TheRanger wrote: »
    Best bet is waiting till they edit price ranges again, possibly tonight.
    If they drop him by 20-30k around 50-60 will sell so if you can list him quick then you've got a good chance of a sale.

I'm out tonight so I won't even be able to list him again. Times like this you need the web app to list him multiple times throughout the day. I'll probably just slap a chem style on him, list him repeatedly Friday night and Saturday afternoon and offer up prayers to the EA gods that someone takes pity on me and buys him.
  • Simmo
    3459 posts National Call-Up
    Your best hope is to slap a shadow chem on him, 99 contracts and +10 attribute card, people will still want him, you've just got to make yours stand out.
  • Orikoru
    Simmo wrote: »
    Your best hope is to slap a shadow chem on him, 99 contracts and +10 attribute card, people will still want him, you've just got to make yours stand out.

Great shout on the 99 contracts, I've never actually redeemed that from the catalog so I'll give it a shot! I expect I've got an att card to use as well since I literally never use any of the ones I got from packs.
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    Idk man, I listed up my Neymar and Robben last night and there were a bunch of fresh ones as well multiple ones with 99 contracts and attribute cards and hunter cards on them but somehow both mine sold. Neymar sold the first time I listed him up (when it was like 30sec left) and Robben sold the second time I listed him up (about 15min left) which was weird because there were other, more "attractive" ones up and not selling. Neither had 99 fitness nor contracts and only Neymar had a chem style (Deadeye).

The reason I'm telling you this is to kinda "prove" it's all random and just pure luck your players sell. Sadly. :disappointed:

• Orikoru
    Rick wrote: »
    Idk man, I listed up my Neymar and Robben last night and there were a bunch of fresh ones as well multiple ones with 99 contracts and attribute cards and hunter cards on them but somehow both mine sold. Neymar sold the first time I listed him up (when it was like 30sec left) and Robben sold the second time I listed him up (about 15min left) which was weird because there were other, more "attractive" ones up and not selling. Neither had 99 fitness nor contracts and only Neymar had a chem style (Deadeye).

The reason I'm telling you this is to kinda "prove" it's all random and just pure luck your players sell. Sadly. :disappointed:

You got lucky, but there's still no harm in me chucking the 99 contract on is there? I mean it certainly can't hurt his chances of selling. Should improve them slightly.
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    Orikoru wrote: »

You got lucky, but there's still no harm in me chucking the 99 contract on is there? I mean it certainly can't hurt his chances of selling. Should improve them slightly.
    Yeah I got incredibly lucky and you're right, 99 contracts would definitely not hurt. Not sure about an attribute card though. There are a lot of people who refuse to use them so who knows. If there was two identical looking cards up, the only difference being an attribute card, I'd most likely go for the one without it.

wouldn't want to buy a high rated player and have his first game be fake stats amirite
  • Orikoru
    Orikoru wrote: »

Yeah I got incredibly lucky and you're right, 99 contracts would definitely not hurt. Not sure about an attribute card though. There are a lot of people who refuse to use them so who knows. If there was two identical looking cards up, the only difference being an attribute card, I'd most likely go for the one without it.

wouldn't want to buy a high rated player and have his first game be fake stats amirite
    I completely agree with you, I do exactly the same - actually avoid buying players with attribute cards because I want to immediately get a correct feel for him in game 1. For this reason I won't put an att card on Gonalons I don't think.