TOTs David Luiz - Who to pair with and why

therandomjack
1266 posts Professional
Bought TOTs Luiz last night, have been using his IF for about 300 games and I liked him so expecting same. However undecided on partner with. Partnered IF with Beckenbaur but keep conceding stupid goals as they both seem to split all the time. Best partner have found for him has been Dday Ogbonna, despite turning circle of a supertanker seems solid together. Will sell Becks to pay for partner but who and why?

Comments

• Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Rio
  • Shane wrote: »
    Rio
    Rio was meh in his second run in my squad
  • therandomjack
    1266 posts Professional
    Shane wrote: »
    Rio

Thinking similar but also thinking why and why not TOTy Ramos
  • Worm
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    Beckenbauer or TOTY Ramos
  • I EvO I
    6657 posts Big Money Move
    Worm wrote: »

TOTY Ramos - best CB in the game
  • JimmyVulmer
    6137 posts Big Money Move
    I EvO I wrote: »

• therandomjack
    1266 posts Professional

How will that work with both having M/H work-rates? That may be the problem I have with Becks, will they both end up tearing down the pitch every attack
  • I EvO I

How will that work with both having M/H work-rates? That may be the problem I have with Becks, will they both end up tearing down the pitch every attack

I use TOTY Ramos and TOTS Luiz as my CB partnership and I love it
  • therandomjack
    1266 posts Professional

Who's ya fullbacks? Bought TOTs Alonso last night to try alongside Luiz
  • I EvO I

TOTY Marcelo and TOTS Walker
  • therandomjack
    1266 posts Professional

Walker much better than his IF? Besides Becks have about 2.2m to upgrade and thinking may as well do it properly
  • Any tym7
    1379 posts Professional
    I have ramos and luiz no regrets here just stick to basic or defensive once u hit attacking u end up with no one in defence lol
  • I EvO I

Walker much better than his IF? Besides Becks have about 2.2m to upgrade and thinking may as well do it properly

Yes, TOTS Walker is insane.
  • Mr. Soper
    2554 posts Fans' Favourite
    smalling
  • ShaunCPFC
    4182 posts National Call-Up
    Azpi
  • verdolaga
    1881 posts Play-Off Hero

• Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Blanc because he's the best CB in the game. That's my combo that will be there until 18.

Whatever you do don't use Rio, he is genuinely 100x worse than Smalling
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    Painter753 wrote: »
    Blanc because he's the best CB in the game. That's my combo that will be there until 18.

I couldn't agree more with Rio... Pretty much all M/M CB's are awful for me. H/M, and M/H have been MUCH better.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner

I couldn't agree more with Rio... Pretty much all M/M CB's are awful for me. H/M, and M/H have been MUCH better.
    Yeah like no exaggeration I can't think of a CB I've used all year that was actually worse than him. He's just awful ig
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    4683 posts National Call-Up

Yeah like no exaggeration I can't think of a CB I've used all year that was actually worse than him. He's just awful ig

Yeah Smalling plays 100x better for me, even Boateng plays better for a fraction of the price. Hurts to say being a United fan.... I have seen a lot use him but he is either out of position or not making the tackles when needed.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner

Yeah Smalling plays 100x better for me, even Boateng plays better for a fraction of the price. Hurts to say being a United fan.... I have seen a lot use him but he is either out of position or not making the tackles when needed.
    Yeah I found his defensive positioning to be the main thing I hated about him. He was never in the right place. Blanc never puts a foot wrong for me and is always in the right spot, not to mention he's 100x better on the ball.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9329 posts League Winner

I've been mulling over experimenting with TOTS Luiz and Blanc.. loved Blanc since I bought him in next to Desailly, wish I had tried him sooner... that Luiz card just looks incredible though. Real destroyer.
  • Sercs
    18623 posts World Class
    you want a m/m with a h/m
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Sercs wrote: »

This I'v used everyone and stuck with Rio since jan to partner Ramos.. Superb pair..
  • verdolaga
    1881 posts Play-Off Hero

Normally use this as a rule of thumb, but I'm loving tots Luiz/toty Ramos partnership.
  • Sercs
    18623 posts World Class
    edited May 2017
    verdolaga wrote: »

Normally use this as a rule of thumb, but I'm loving tots Luiz/toty Ramos partnership.

you'd have to be fine with being aggressive at defending, both have the pace to recover though
  • verdolaga
    1881 posts Play-Off Hero
    verdolaga wrote: »

you'd have to be fine with being aggressive at defending, both have the pace to recover though

Yeah it took some getting used to, you have to switch to your cb almost immediately or you're getting caught out. Like you said though luckily the pace is there to make up for it. Actually thinking of pairing tots Azpi with toty Ramos, I do find Luiz to be further up compared to Ramos.