OT: Going to Poland, any advice?

D i n k xD
3282 posts National Call-Up
edited June 2017
Booked my Lil Bros stag for September in Krakow. Will be booking Auschwitz and probably firing range. Any advice on bars / pubs / clubs to look out for?

Also, I read that police out there are proper strict on stuff like jay walking and singing whilst drunk, we're Welsh, we sing when we're sober let alone hammered :D Any of this true or are police decent as long as you aren't caused hassle?
Post edited by D i n k xD on

Comments

• Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    Unsure if you're into history etc but im pretty sure Krakow is just a short drive away from the Auschwitz camp and museum
  • Cphee1987
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    Been for a stag do. Cracking place. We went to a brand new go karting place not far away as well as a shooting range. Is pretty cheap for everything there
  • D i n k xD
    Uberman656 wrote: »
    Unsure if you're into history etc but im pretty sure Krakow is just a short drive away from the Auschwitz camp and museum

Ye there's a tour we can jump on for €30. Definitely going to be doing it, think it's something we all need to see.
  • D i n k xD
    Cphee1987 wrote: »
    Been for a stag do. Cracking place. We went to a brand new go karting place not far away as well as a shooting range. Is pretty cheap for everything there

What are rough prices for Go Karting and shooting range, sounds like it'd be a quality day out those 2.

Also, how much is beer? £1.50 a pint I heard.
  • Cphee1987
    Unsure I'll see if I can find it just now. We were like £250 all in for flights, hostel 3 nights, pub crawl, shooting range, go karting and a dinner thing lol.

Yeah around about that for a pint. Was 2 years ago I went now but don't think prices changed much since.

The shooting range is nuts. They just give you whatever gun you want to try with no safety talk or anything :joy: the pub crawl was also well worthwhile
  • Cphee1987
    edited May 2017
    http://www.gokarting.com.pl/en/index.php

That's the karting website where we went. It's 45 PLN for 8 mins on track. So like £9 :joy: was a fair group of us and think we went on track 3 times each. Really isn't expensive.

There are loads of shooting ranges if you just have a look on goole. TripAdvisor usually has reviews as they are big with stag parties
  • Cphee1987
    edited May 2017
    http://www.krakowcrawl.com/

That's the pub crawl we went. 4 bars 1 club. Is like 59 PLN which is £12 :lol:
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Have a good time, done careful though. A friend went recently and his card was cloned, and used for a deposit on a flat in the city lol. It can happen anywhere, but be careful.

Auschwitz is 100% a must visit.
  • TheMenezLover
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    Have a good time, done careful though. A friend went recently and his card was cloned, and used for a deposit on a flat in the city lol. It can happen anywhere, but be careful.

Auschwitz is 100% a must visit.

• Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain
    Stab vest.
  • D i n k xD
    Cheers @Cphee1987 will have a look into those now. massive help mate., thanks to other lads as well. Any advice is useful
  • Cphee1987
    D i n k xD wrote: »
    Cheers @Cphee1987 will have a look into those now. massive help mate., thanks to other lads as well. Any advice is useful

No problem
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4101 posts National Call-Up
    hitlers headquarters (the wolfs lair) is available on trips as well..not sure if its near the other well known places
  • Worm
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't drink the water
  • D i n k xD
    hitlers headquarters (the wolfs lair) is available on trips as well..not sure if its near the other well known places

Opposite side of Poland unfortunately.
    Worm wrote: »
    Don't drink the water

I don't recall every drinking from the taps whilst abroad anyway. Never trust it :D
  • Przemas
    56 posts Park Captain
    Just visit Zakopane & Kraków by night
    Im from poland B)
  • Worm
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite

Don't drink the water

I don't recall every drinking from the taps whilst abroad anyway. Never trust it :D

I really have no idea, I'm just saying random crap
  • D i n k xD
    Przemas wrote: »
    Just visit Zakopane & Kraków by night
    Im from poland B)

Are these clubs?

Don't drink the water

I really have no idea, I'm just saying random crap

Fair :D
  • D i n k xD
    Booked up. Staying in a hostel near to Main Market Square. Is this the main area for bars/pubs? Just want to get a rough idea of how close we are for when we stumble home at night :D
  • McClean
    776 posts Semi-Pro
    Jaxite wrote: »
    Stab vest.

:D
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Auschwitz is very unsettling though. You probably know what you are in for when going but saying it anyways. It hits really hard once you are actually there.
  • Azof
    17895 posts World Class
    The Salt Mines is a quality visit aswell.

There is a speciality vodka shop just off the main square if you fancy tasting loads of interesting flavours.

Some really nice restaurants in the square in Krakow, the exchange rate isnt as good as the other year but food and drink will be way cheaper than the UK.

Don't bother looking to buy anything clothes wise from shops it was the exact same price as the UK when we were over which was quite suprising
  • D i n k xD
    Azof wrote: »

There is a speciality vodka shop just off the main square if you fancy tasting loads of interesting flavours.

Some really nice restaurants in the square in Krakow, the exchange rate isnt as good as the other year but food and drink will be way cheaper than the UK.

Don't bother looking to buy anything clothes wise from shops it was the exact same price as the UK when we were over which was quite suprising

Good stuff, we'll keep a look out for Vodka bar.

Is Stare Miasto where main drinking areas are?
  • Azof
    17895 posts World Class

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g274772-d5109434-Reviews-Szambelan-Krakow_Lesser_Poland_Province_Southern_Poland.html is the place, Dad and Step mum where mad keen getting there.

Honestly couldnt tell you I dont drink
  • D i n k xD

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g274772-d5109434-Reviews-Szambelan-Krakow_Lesser_Poland_Province_Southern_Poland.html is the place, Dad and Step mum where mad keen getting there.

That is very close to our hostel. So happy days. Cheers pal
  • Azof
    17895 posts World Class

No worries have a great time, id go back to Krakow tomorrow if I had the chance
  • D i n k xD

Can't wait, 11 of us going in September.
  • Azof
    17895 posts World Class

Can't wait, 11 of us going in September.

Should still have decent enough weather then
  • Betrus
    1190 posts Professional
    Auschwitz and the local girls. I don't think I've seen so many beautiful women anywhere. They must keep the fat and ugly ones locked up in a basement.
  • D i n k xD
    Betrus wrote: »
    Auschwitz and the local girls. I don't think I've seen so many beautiful women anywhere. They must keep the fat and ugly ones locked up in a basement.

A bloke I played rugby with has Polish heritage and he said once that you'll do well to find a fat Polish bird :D