Bronze team Forum League?

YouWantUsFC
2752 posts Fans' Favourite
edited May 2017
Ok so I have typed all the user names I could think of to try and get your support to make this happen as best as possible.

@Peter and @WFCBagnall and @OoSUPERDANoO and @Adamski and @UM4R and @DaveSaves and @DarthGrowler and @Bluebirds87 and @TOMMYxCOOPER @Worm @TheMenezLover @Bennn99 @mjs4p @Cadey 5 @Napoli9 @Fab @Frankenberry @Orison -
Sorry to the many names I have not added, this was all I could think of off top of my head!
Please add names in comments to alert others you think might like this?
If you have not been added, please do not think badly, everyone who wants to be involved is welcome until we have 40 players, then a standby list can be created!

Bronze team Forum League.

This can be as serious or as fun as you want it to be.

I genuinely want to use and play against bronze teams against like minded players in a friendly but competitve way.I would like to do something with people on this forum other than just the usual banter, hype, wind ups, and discussions with. I want to have fun and learn from some players.

So here is the idea -

I will be happy to co-ordinate a League set up along with whoever else wants to be involved, min of 3, max of 5 co-ordinates. This is 3 or 5 so in event of decisions needing agreed, there can be a 3v2 or 2v1 in place.
Alternatively, I could co-ordinate by myself, but I would prefer to do with 2 or 4 others as a team.
My first choice to help is @Peter .

The Season will run between 9pm uk time Monday 5th of June and 9pm uk time Sunday 31st of July.
We have over 2 weeks to get a list of those taking part and discuss.
Players to complete 39 games against others taking part between those dates.
The numbers of players taking part is capped at 40.
If 39 or less, then certain players will have to play each other twice or a split could be looked at, this is tbc with regard to those taking part.
If 20 or less, then obviously that could see certain players play each other 3 times.
A minimum of 11 players will be required.
The main point is that players come together to have fun under same conditions.
This is basically a 4 or 5 games a week set up, you can do more than that if you want, but the fixtures have to be agreed etc. so that needs to respected and allowed. Some of you might be able to do all 40 games in one week, but most cannot and obviously agreeing to games is a huge challenge.
If players finish early, we could run tourneys alongside or just do training friendlies?

The rules are dead simple -

1 - Only Bronze players of any card type rated 64 and under allowed in the starting 11 and subs.
2 - You must have at least 2 nationalities and 2 leagues and at least one special Bronze card in starting 11.
3 - Players must commit to play at least 2 games in any one game week, these are -
game wk 1 - Mon. 5th June - Sun. 11th June
game wk 2 - Mon. 12th June - Sun. 18th June
game wk 3 - Mon. 19th June - Sun. 25th June
game wk 4 - Mon. 26th June - Sun. 2nd July
game wk 5 - Mon. 3rd July - Sun. 9th July
game wk 6 - Mon. 10th July - Sun. 16th July
game wk 7 - Mon. 17th July - Sun. 23rd July
game wk 8 - Mon. 24th July - Sun. 31st July
4 - When you play a game, the final score must either be confirmed by both players, or a screen shot of the final result must be posted.
5 - In the event of a disconnect, if the score is beyond 60 minutes played and one team is winning by 2 goals or more, the result will go to the player winning by 2 goals or more. Any other circumstance will mean the game must be replayed unless the losing player decides that the result should go to the winning player.
If a fixture is disconnected twice, a third attempt can be agreed but if not agreed, a draw will be given, unless one player was winning by 2 goals or more beyond 60 minutes played.
6 - Keep it banter, but no hate, discrimination or abuse - anyone guilty of that in the thread or forum will be prevented from taking part in the league again.
7 - DO NOT SHARE GAMERTAGS UNTIL FINALISED :) Forum names are all that is needed just now.

Once we have the names of everyone interested compiled, whoever has agreed to co-ordinate will work together to come up with fixtures etc. however, you can obviously just arrange games yourselves, it will probably be a case of that anyway.

Every Sunday (at some point) an update of the table and results will be posted as a comment.

As a gesture of good will, I personally will gift the players who finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th with either a paypal payment or a code of their choice. This is not a prize, I just want to show gratitude to you all for making it happen.
1st - £20
2nd - £15
3rd - £10
4th - £5

Hopefully loads of you get involved :)

Comments

• Denisianes
    8059 posts League Winner
    Nah don't include real money or you will regret it :joy:
  • YouWantUsFC
    Denisianes wrote: »
    Nah don't include real money or you will regret it :joy:

Haha. I am happy to gift that out, but the co-ordinators will decide if that is not ok once agreed.
  • Denisianes
    8059 posts League Winner
    You can do it, but you will just create a bronze WL which at first might seem like a good idea, but in the end it will ultimately bite you in the arse :joy:
  • YouWantUsFC
    Denisianes wrote: »
    You can do it, but you will just create a bronze WL which at first might seem like a good idea, but in the end it will ultimately bite you in the arse :joy:

You could well be right mate, but let us see if we even get 11 players first! :)
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    I would be interested, but not if I need a 2 nation, 2 league hybrid. I'd use a full USA team.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Honoured as I am you want me to co-host, I am going to have to decline.

I like fifa 17, but im just done with it and have no desire left to play it.
  • YouWantUsFC
    edited May 2017
    I would be interested, but not if I need a 2 nation, 2 league hybrid. I'd use a full USA team.

Maybe this will be changed, I put that in to get creativity, but lets see how we go. Be great to have you involved, your knowledge of the in game mechanics for less experienced players would be great to have around :)
  • YouWantUsFC
    Peter wrote: »
    Honoured as I am you want me to co-host, I am going to have to decline.

I like fifa 17, but im just done with it and have no desire left to play it.

I understand @Peter - my hope is the bronze thing is just a good way for us to enjoy playing, but . . . . . .
  • WFCBagnall
    67051 posts Moderator
    Yeah I'll play. Will make a nice team once I've finished my main team.
  • YouWantUsFC
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Good stuff, you would be awesome as one of the co-ordinators too mate. Not much to it. mostly just being involved, taking an interest in who is playing, and maybe some messaging.
  • WFCBagnall
    67051 posts Moderator

Good stuff, you would be awesome as one of the co-ordinators too mate. Not much to it. mostly just being involved, taking an interest in who is playing, and maybe some messaging.

Yeah that's fine mate.
  • YouWantUsFC

Yeah that's fine mate.

Hopefully it grows legs. I will try and mention it in other comments now and again and bump this thread every so often.
  • Adrian095
    33654 posts National Team Captain
    :'(
  • WFCBagnall
    67051 posts Moderator

Get a Xbox amk
  • YouWantUsFC

You can get a 1tb Elite for around £250 brand new now . . . . . . . . . .
  • Adamski
    9892 posts League Winner
    I'll join, I can chip in for the prize as well if you want
  • YouWantUsFC
    edited May 2017
    Adamski wrote: »
    I'll join, I can chip in for the prize as well if you want

I would really value your support, the co-ordinating should be a doddle, just need to get players who really want to do it and commit to an extent! Glad you are taking part :)
  • CPFC16
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2017
    I'd love to play bud! Stick me down.
  • YouWantUsFC
    CPFC16 wrote: »
    I'd love to play bud! Stick me down.

Done! We are half way to our minimum :)
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    It's a no from me bud. I've bailed from hobknobs league and I dont really have any bronzes lol
  • YouWantUsFC
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    It's a no from me bud. I've bailed from hobknobs league and I dont really have any bronzes lol

:( You have 2 weeks to get your team sorted!
  • SupaNoodle1990
    25969 posts Player of the Year
    How do you forget the noodle?
  • YouWantUsFC
    edited May 2017
    How do you forget the noodle?

Ive left loads of people out, I am sorry buddy! You up for it?
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    I might be interested as well
  • YouWantUsFC
    I might be interested as well

good!
    We have time to get interest, today is a good day to punt it out, tomorrow will be busy on here I think so hopefully get some interest.
    No reason why we cant do a Silver on through July into August either!
  • Adrian095

Can't snake the master race
  • YouWantUsFC

Hahaha! I was like that up until Christmas, then I realised that between Launch and TOTY, Legends really really matter. Then even after that, some of them are important all season. We will get more in 18 I think and there are more players to play I think. Also hearing that Sony struggling more than Microsoft until next gen launches with connectivity etc.?
  • Adrian095

Hahaha! I was like that up until Christmas, then I realised that between Launch and TOTY, Legends really really matter. Then even after that, some of them are important all season. We will get more in 18 I think and there are more players to play I think. Also hearing that Sony struggling more than Microsoft until next gen launches with connectivity etc.?

@Fab
  • mjs4p
    10833 posts Has That Special Something
    I appreciate the mention, but I don't really have any bronze teams (or any time!). Thanks for the invite though!
  • TheMenezLover
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'd love to play but I'm on vacation in July :( Good luck with it anyway!