The worst FIFA ever

Nana_bitty
1728 posts Play-Off Hero
I just can't get excited for these tots cards with the gameplay as it is. I just don't see the point in having good players in this FIFA when they can just turn to **** during a game. I've got over a million coins sat in my account and don't even want to use them.

Comments

• ml1dch
    1411 posts Professional
    Cool, thanks for dropping by to tell us.
  • Pieman25
    16250 posts World Class
    The weird thing is how some people think the other games were perfect and they weren't complaining about the exact same thing in them also.
  • protzbischof
    2998 posts National Call-Up
    Gameplay in D1 is just super toxic and EA refuses to give us other UT game modes to play. Whats the point? Its just a bunch of ultra defensive guys spamming LT RT until their strikers makes a run that is not covered by terrible AI defenders.
  • Retro_G
    29120 posts Player of the Year
    Very true about the inconsistent gameplay.
  • Rogerio8
    546 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The only bad thing about FIFA 17 is the control/input delay which ruins allot of matches.
  • nineteeeen
    4351 posts National Call-Up
    Gameplay wise yes
  • MoeilijkeMan
    922 posts Semi-Pro
    Quality trolling :D
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    nineteeeen wrote: »
    Gameplay wise yes

• jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    Worst Fifa ever by an absolute mile...what other game would you tolerate a 2/3 second delay?

It's actually a joke how they get away with it without even acknowledging the issues
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Nana_bitty wrote: »
    I just can't get excited for these tots cards with the gameplay as it is. I just don't see the point in having good players in this FIFA when they can just turn to **** during a game. I've got over a million coins sat in my account and don't even want to use them.
    jbwalton7 wrote: »
    Worst Fifa ever by an absolute mile...what other game would you tolerate a 2/3 second delay?

It's actually a joke how they get away with it without even acknowledging the issues

TOTS hype over! Gameplay is rage inducing
  • I SiR MartY I
    5502 posts Big Money Move
    Wouldn't say its the worst, but its pretty bad.

The worst problem is input delay, most games are delayed by at least half a second, full of lag spikes and just slow and clunky, hard to do any sort of fluid play when you press a button and it reacts after you've lost the ball.

Then you've got the dumb, AI, in what world can 1 player mark out a full team, literally stand in front of the passing lane and you're almost guaranteed to win the ball back because the AI will just keep going on its merry way behind the player marking the pass, the AI doesn't move to find space, doesn't move to give you a passing option, it just costs you games, you have to go forward as quickly as possible or you risk losing it, not fun for anyone wanting to play anything resembling real football.

Then you have the inconsistencies like players with no stamina and no pace catching fresh players with pace and a head start, you've got players hook sliding the ball under control when they're through 1v1, players flicking the ball back the other way when you flick the stick forward, full power passes forward go 2 yards to the side or passes you aim left, go right. Really feel like you've no control sometimes when that happens.

That and much more just drain you when you play this game, player switching and many other bugs just kill it for me, I dislike older FIFA games like FIFA 14 and FIFA 11 more but FIFA 17 is pretty damn awful.

But we all know we'll buy the next one in the hope that EA have changed their ways and fix the problems and for another year, we'll be bitterly disappointed.
  • Trobos_Locos
    1297 posts Professional

But we all know we'll buy the next one in the hope that EA have changed their ways and fix the problems and for another year, we'll be bitterly disappointed.

I feel so bad because I know this is true...
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    Gameplay wise I agree with you. All the dumb bounces , bs goals, constant deflections and Martial/Butland **** ne off.

At this stage I'm fine with it cause I don't intend on spending money on packs because of it.
  • Aqeel87
    2562 posts Fans' Favourite
    In terms of gameplay yes it is the worst ever 100%.
  • IVIRCATALYST
    1290 posts Professional
    Content Wise=Amazing
    Gameplay Wise=Pretty bad.
  • xX78sXx
    59 posts Park Captain
    edited May 2017
    Content Wise=Amazing
    Gameplay Wise=Pretty bad.
    ^^^this^^^
    At least I've saved money this year as opposed to dumping obscene amounts of money into this steamy pile.
  • OZero
    5168 posts Big Money Move
    This year is the worst in terms of the stuff you cant control during a match that affects your result. I am not talking about the M. Its everything.
  • Maximus AK47
    1469 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nana_bitty wrote: »

totally agree.

I dont see a big point on getting improved TOTS cards while input delay, dumb physics, silly AI and many other things to mention make all players perform say stupid way....

I got Messi the other day.... he is GOD when connection is good...
    but 90% of the time he is no difference to regular players due to EA servers , lags, delay, inconsistancy...

so no matter how much I love him IRL , i sold him for cheaper RW which performs same way
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Every year someone say it's the worst ever. People have short memories and nostalgia for old games always clouds people's judgement.
  • SoundersAllDay
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    BistroXII wrote: »
    Every year someone say it's the worst ever. People have short memories and nostalgia for old games always clouds people's judgement.

Or ya know, it doesn't. 10 WC was way better than Fifa 17.
  • Maximus AK47
    1469 posts Play-Off Hero

Or ya know, it doesn't. 10 WC was way better than Fifa 17.

Totally agree. Gameplay wise WC 2010 was miles better than follwoing FIFA/FUT releases.
    FIFA 14, FIFA 16 were significantly better than this **** FIFA 17...
  • Maximus AK47
    1469 posts Play-Off Hero

Mate, you are wrong.

Yes players always complain, thats true.

But FIFA 17 is unplayable , funless, awful peace of arcade game. Several previous FIFAs were better gameplay wise... not content wise of course...

to paraphrase ... FIFA 17 is sh!tty product in a very nice and shiny cover package.
  • reddevildanne
    158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just wondering why they have the L2-R2 dribble in this game, a player floating left right back forward with the ball pretty much glued to the feets. Ive never ever seen anyone do something even close to that IRL. Hope they remove it to the next FIFA.
  • RadioShaq
    15087 posts Moderator
    Lb y years were the worst.
  • LFCKhalifa
    439 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifa is not worse than previous years, people just tend to forget...

In hindsight i loved fifa 13 with my silver Mayuka, but people forget how untealistic that was, a scrub who couldn't get a game in the prem, was on par with Messi Ronaldo etc....
  • FatZed
    865 posts Semi-Pro
    It is easily worse than other years, yes other years had broken or abusive things too but for me there was only a few and you had more control over what went on so could read and nullify them, this year the lag, delay and connections are worse making it even harder to nullify abuse of even the simplest OP tactic. Add to that the in game randomness and BS and it plays absolutely terrible. Content yeh thanks nice work but it doesn't matter when like others have said in game is so bad, I may as well use bronzes or average golds most the time, not my enjoyable fun legends or IFs as they really don't matter much or are not allowed to be used to their potential!
  • Grifan
    1229 posts Professional
    I'll keep saying this till FIFA 18 is released but they defending is absalutley woeful in this game, I'm still shocked it hasn't had more backlash than it did but then some people want to win by doing as little as possible hence bronze benches custom tactics chem glitches and yes defending.
  • FatZed
    865 posts Semi-Pro
    Grifan wrote: »
    I'll keep saying this till FIFA 18 is released but they defending is absalutley woeful in this game, I'm still shocked it hasn't had more backlash than it did but then some people want to win by doing as little as possible hence bronze benches custom tactics chem glitches and yes defending.

They had just as much backlash if not less other years and patched things quicker, I am shocked there hasn't been a bigger change with the main issues this year, super lazy work from EA...
  • Byrnzie28
    1794 posts Fans' Favourite
    I love how offline every AI player has 150 pace, and how every rebounded ball bounces straight to an opposing players feet.

I also love the broken player switching when I have to his RB five times to change to the only player in a position to do anything, and how the AI pulls my defenders away to the sidelines when an opponent makes a run on goal - like the parting of the Red Sea.

But apart from that, It's terrible.
  • Maximus AK47
    1469 posts Play-Off Hero
    FatZed wrote: »
    It is easily worse than other years, yes other years had broken or abusive things too but for me there was only a few and you had more control over what went on so could read and nullify them, this year the lag, delay and connections are worse making it even harder to nullify abuse of even the simplest OP tactic. Add to that the in game randomness and BS and it plays absolutely terrible. Content yeh thanks nice work but it doesn't matter when like others have said in game is so bad, I may as well use bronzes or average golds most the time, not my enjoyable fun legends or IFs as they really don't matter much or are not allowed to be used to their potential!

This .
    Pretty much expresses how I feel about FIFA 17... not enjoyable game but piece of boring lagging [email protected]