Why is this team not working?

AeB 18
613 posts Sunday League Hero
edited April 2015
I made this team, and it is horrendous. Is there anything I'm not seeing that's making this team play horribly? I'm just not scoring
a17b79b8fb70c4ddd9d796735800c7a9.png

Comments

• FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    IMO the formation. But maybe you've done well with it in the past, so might not be it.
  • AeB 18
    FC Intl wrote: »
    IMO the formation. But maybe you've done well with it in the past, so might not be it.

pretty sure this is it, the players don't fit this formation at all. Di Maria doesn't belong in a midfield 3
  • valentiii
    3671 posts National Call-Up
    Was never a fan of aguero as a lone striker honestly
  • FC Intl
    valentiii wrote: »
    Was never a fan of aguero as a lone striker honestly

This too.

He's not a all-around type forward, which is needed there, he's a finisher.
  • Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    AeB 18 wrote: »

pretty sure this is it, the players don't fit this formation at all. Di Maria doesn't belong in a midfield 3

I'm sure it's not the case for others as it never is but Di Maria is a terrible CAM in my opinion

• BenzP7
    8316 posts League Winner
    Try Jovetic at striker. Seriously so good.
  • FC Intl
    edited April 2015
  • Marleigh
    2295 posts Fans' Favourite
    Try Fabregas/Costa at CAM/ST

also I only use 433(4) but find that it absolutely has to have instructions in order to be effective, so you may want to look at what you are using there.
  • Reezus
    11182 posts Has That Special Something
    Get good.
  • RandomLhama83
    10108 posts Has That Special Something
    not a fan of your chosen formation, + your midfield seems weak. Put some Bulk in there, di maria is lanky.
  • AeB 18
    Campino wrote: »
    AeB 18 wrote: »

I'm sure it's not the case for others as it never is but Di Maria is a terrible CAM in my opinion

I tend to agree with you. He's just pace pretty much
  • Antiversum
    5890 posts Big Money Move
    I disagree. I have played very good seasons with di Maria as a cam in 4-3-3. But since I packed his TOTY I use him as a single striker and he definitivley is way more than simplay pace (his NIF also).
    Some people like types like Diego Costa or Lukaku, other like players more agil.
  • UrNotReady_
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Blame Sterling
  • Low Ki
    12991 posts Has That Special Something
    I use custom instructions on mine.. Everything else is default.

LW and RW: Stay forward, cut in
    ST: Stay Forward, get in behind
    CAM: Stay forward, free Roam
    RCM and LCM: Free Roam

That's basically Monsta's instructions in his guide, except I don't tell my fullbacks to stay back and keep them on balanced (I do the CB's though).

As for approach play I used a fast paced pass and move approach and only ever really try and do tricky dribbling with the forwards. I only ever use weighted lobs when I see players open in space or on the verge of beating the offside trap and try and ground pass as much as possible.

TBH I utterly boss the midfield but suck with skill moves so I try and set triangle patterns for opening space and burning defenders with basic shimmies or fakeouts. But it's enough.
  • FC Intl
    Blame Sterling

This. Wage demands bringing squad down.
  • Bob1432
    1313 posts Professional
    Schweinsteiger is horrible
  • Low Ki
    12991 posts Has That Special Something
    Bob1432 wrote: »

False.
  • JB
    1247 posts Professional
    The formation. I've used every player apart from Sterling and Walker and I know that Walker is not the problem from how OP he is playing against. The rest are all awesome. I didn't get on with 4-3-3 (4) when I tried it again recently despite it's popularity. Felt most of the front 4 just got in each others way and the CM 2 were too far up
  • Chow
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    I mean in theory it looks alright tbh. Maybe upgrade to IF Fernando, making your team more colourful could make all the difference. ;)
  • Baelexis
    1765 posts Play-Off Hero
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Bob1432 wrote: »

False.

• Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    get rid of Walker, only thing he offers is pace...
  • If Fellaini > Fernandinho.

His height/strength will give you a lot more options when defending.
  • CFCsjmishra
    9033 posts League Winner
    Why are you using a 77 rated player if you can use a 83 rated player in place of him ?
  • BasedStudge
    19636 posts World Class
    Why are you using a 77 rated player if you can use a 83 rated player in place of him ?
    best rb...
  • Dropkiik Murphy
    1086 posts Professional
    I would replace Sterling with Walcott who i feel does more.
    If you can afford him i would put in Toure for Fernandinho who is the more complete player for that position or if you cant afford him then maybe try Ramires.
  • CFCsjmishra
    9033 posts League Winner
    best rb...

With Sterling on the wings I don't think you would need more pace on that side.Use Up Zaba..
  • Mathyou
    231 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I actually love Di Maria at CAM but didn't like Aguero as a lone ST.

Possible upgrades:

Sterling > Sanchez
    Fernandinho > Matic or Yaya
    Agüero > Sturridge/Rooney/Jovetic
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain

• Try Cabella, my favourite player on the game