Champions league licenses again not in FIFA

Supercorner24
698 posts An Exciting Prospect
PES 2018 have the licenses of the champions league, and thats the reason that EA it not has.

Source is the new trailer of PES 2018.

Comments

• henryclay1844
    927 posts Professional
    This is the third and last year of the last exclusive deal that was signed and the second year or three for their exclusive deal with Barca. It's pretty lame that PES doesn't have the licenses for either of the Champion League finalists. These two companies and their partners should be ashamed of themselves for this exclusive garbage.
  • daviec
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's pretty lame that PES doesn't have the licenses for either of the Champion League finalists.

No licensing for those teams makes no difference, they're just marketing the Champions League final anyway so they're marketing that in the same way as they would if those teams were licensed.
  • Pwalie86
    1336 posts Professional
    Looks like it's on the rise again though. Stadiums in that trailer didn't look dull and they've reworked animations.

I'm Fifa through and through, but Master League has pre-match interviews and changing rooms in this year. All Career Mode will have is 3-4 tiny tweaks and there you go. MyClub is making money, yet they're not forgetting about people that play offline too. Fifa can learn from that.

It's just sheer laziness from EA. A better Career Mode was needed more than The Journey.

And EA doesn't deserve Champions League license. They've hogged everything else.
  • Cooler08
    616 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 2017
    There isn't any point having the Champions League in FIFA when every team plays the same way and the AI is programmed in 'blocks' so the difficulty of each match isn't determined by the quality of opposition and their current form like a real football match is. This is highlighted by the fact you can play a team like Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and the match is so easy.

Earlier this week, I watched a live stream of a Youtuber playing Career Mode on Legendary as Leicester City. He played in the Champions Cup Final against Real Madrid. He won 2-0. Real Madrid didn't even turn up. The match starts in the daylight with no transition to night. That about sums up Career Mode.

The match is at 4:24:00

Post edited by Cooler08 on
  • sobakus
    66 posts Park Captain
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    There isn't any point having the Champions League in FIFA when every team plays the same way and the AI is programmed in 'blocks' so the difficulty of each match isn't determined by the quality of opposition and their current form like a real football match is. This is highlighted by the fact you can play a team like Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and the match is so easy.

Earlier this week, I watched a live stream of a Youtuber playing Career Mode on Legendary as Leicester City. He played in the Champions Cup Final against Real Madrid. He won 2-0. Real Madrid didn't even turn up. The match starts in the daylight with no transition to night. That about sums up Career Mode.

Can you elaborate more about the "blocks"?

I feel like the opposition is really strange as well. I played two seasons with Gent and in the league i would have an easy time with Anderlecht and then really hard game against Kortrijk or Beveren. Sometimes I would score 4-5 goals a game and then 0 goals in 4-5 games. At the same time i would slaughter Bayern, Benfica, and Borussia D in the Champions League. With Newport County I always have the toughest games in the English lower leagues while winning two cups out of three destroying manchester city 5-2, etc. Very bizarre.
  • Cooler08
    edited May 2017
    sobakus wrote: »

I feel like the opposition is really strange as well. I played two seasons with Gent and in the league i would have an easy time with Anderlecht and then really hard game against Kortrijk or Beveren. Sometimes I would score 4-5 goals a game and then 0 goals in 4-5 games. At the same time i would slaughter Bayern, Benfica, and Borussia D in the Champions League. With Newport County I always have the toughest games in the English lower leagues while winning two cups out of three destroying manchester city 5-2, etc. Very bizarre.

There is clearly an overriding factor in the game which determines the difficulty of each match instead of it being determined by factors such as the quality of the opposition, team form, individual player form, etc... as it should be.

This seems to be done in 'blocks' because for instance in Career Mode, you'll notice in the first quarter of the season that the matches are easy and the CPU team doesn't turn up. Then about 10-15 matches later, they turn the screw so your own players don't have the same ability as they did in previous matches and the CPU play with more urgency and a cutting edge. This happens even if you rotate your squad, so it isn't related to energy levels.

FIFA 17 is nothing like a football simulation. In real life, when a team starts a new season, they don't get 'gimmies' where the opposition gives them easy wins then matches suddenly get much harder.
  • sobakus
    66 posts Park Captain
    sobakus wrote: »

There is clearly an overriding factor in the game which determines the difficulty of each match instead of it being determined by factors such as the quality of the opposition, team form, individual player form, etc... as it should be.

This seems to be done in 'blocks' because for instance in Career Mode, you'll notice in the first quarter of the season that the matches are easy and the CPU team doesn't turn up. Then about 10-15 matches later, they turn the screw so your own players don't have the same ability as they did in previous matches and the CPU play with more urgency and a cutting edge. This happens even if you rotate your squad, so it isn't related to energy levels.

FIFA 17 is nothing like a football simulation. In real life, when a team starts a new season, they don't get 'gimmies' where the opposition gives them easy wins then matches suddenly get much harder.

So it ignores the difficulty setting and uses a different difficulty of its choosing for every game? Maybe that's their idea of "form"?

I had a slightly different experience, where in career mode the pre-season friendlies would be impossible, start of the season hard, then even harder and then it got easier to the point where I would win 8 or 9 out of 10 by the end.

In the Belgian seasons I played in tournament mode I would win alot the beginning and then, around the middle of the season, all my shots would magically miss or hit the posts or be saved phenomenally, so I couldn't score to save my life. Towards the end it would go back to normal. We played that season with my friend (who is about as good as I), used Standard Liege (equal team to mine) and had a hard time through the whole season. Drew almost every game and only played really well against the top teams (Brugge, Anderlecht). Finished 9th. Isn't that really strange? I made it into the top six from 1st place and was winning there too, when suddenly I couldn't score a goal again and started losing. Meanwhile Brugge, who was in second, wouldn't drop a single point anymore and snatched the title from me. Second season was very similar, but this time I was able to win the title by a point.

It's as if the game sees you doing well and increases the difficulty. And when you start losing tones it back down.
    But that still doesn't explain the ease of cup tournaments. in the second season with Gent I won the Champions League and the Belgian cup with no resistance. Except the final. The final was somewhat harder.

Why in the world do I lose to Westerlo while trying my hardest and then violate Borussia 6:0 with the same team and on both on professional?! I know there are people who investigate and reverse-engineer these things. Have you come across some sort of discoveries about this and any ways to fix it?
  • FunhausMD
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    To be honest, I'd rather have the teams than the broadcast graphics for the Champions League (though both is preferable obviously) but what I don't get is why don't EA make the best of a bad situation and at least come up with something cool and cohesive for the presentation side of things.

The Champions League trophy stand in and the Europa League stand in are so Goddamn ugly it beggars belief. I'm sure there's someone at EA that can jump on 3ds Max or whatever and make a trophy that looks nice.

Make some knock off presentation materials and add some entrance pizazz and honestly, I think it'd stop being an issue.

As it is at the moment, you may as well be in the Checkatrade trophy.
  • ManzGOTIT
    2254 posts Fans' Favourite
    FIFA won't be getting Champions League for a couple of years and it was confirmed last year when that Bhatti **** confirmed it was exclusive

Champions Cup the version EA have needs to be a bit more special because it's bland af atm
  • OldMateCampbell
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Champions Cup the version EA have needs to be a bit more special because it's bland af atm

It'd be nice for EA to change the graphics for the "Champions Cup" to be a little more exciting, even though it has to be generic. Its way too simple at the moment, there's nothing exciting about playing an away game at Barcelona in FIFA 17 Champions Cup...
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »

It'd be nice for EA to change the graphics for the "Champions Cup" to be a little more exciting, even though it has to be generic. Its way too simple at the moment, there's nothing exciting about playing an away game at Barcelona in FIFA 17 Champions Cup...

I think atmosphere is very important to sports game. But Devs don't improve atmosphere.
  • Pwalie86
    1336 posts Professional
    Very well could make atmosphere top notch with power of Frostbite engine, but it comes down to how good these devs are.

Should be going for near photorealism now. When you see Battlefield and Battlefront in action they're pretty much getting there.

Atmosphere is important. I'd like to see like in Fifa World Cup games a close-up of the crowd or the manager looking like he's shouting and kicking something over. Not too agressive but more than just a blank expression when things aren't going their way.

Show fans getting up and leaving if you're getting a hammering at home. Have some show boards of things like 'Wenger out' when it's getting to a critical stage where you're falling way too short of league targets. Commentary could talk about it too. The stadium should have more of an alive feel to it. Over the past few games you feel it's getting a bit better than the old X360 days, but won't be long until PS5 and it needs to be next-gen in all areas of the game.
  • Lonestarr022
    502 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This is the third and last year of the last exclusive deal that was signed and the second year or three for their exclusive deal with Barca. It's pretty lame that PES doesn't have the licenses for either of the Champion League finalists. These two companies and their partners should be ashamed of themselves for this exclusive garbage.

They are too busy swimming in their pool of money to feel shame.
  • Squire82
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Champions Cup/ Euro League presentation

FIFA 18 will likely not have the UCL license and perhaps not be able to obtain the license when Pes contract expires with UEFA in 2018.

Is there no way Fifa 18 could implement a basic editing suite which allows us to change the adboards of the Champions cup? They could follow PES example with kit editing and allow the player the ability to import images for the adboards to replicate the official Sponsors of the UCL and UEL. If PES is allowed to do this why can't FIFA?

At the very least allow us the ability to edit the name of the champions cup! They have improved the presentation element slightly in FIFA 17 but the sight of champions cup adboards and pre match giant flags and entrance arch looks fake and seems disingenuous.

EA why not rename the competition UC League and have the adboards reflect that name? From a license point of view that doesn't infringe any rights as the UC could surely stand for anything?
  • Cooler08
    edited May 2017
    Squire82 wrote: »
    Champions Cup/ Euro League presentation

FIFA 18 will likely not have the UCL license and perhaps not be able to obtain the license when Pes contract expires with UEFA in 2018.

Is there no way Fifa 18 could implement a basic editing suite which allows us to change the adboards of the Champions cup? They could follow PES example with kit editing and allow the player the ability to import images for the adboards to replicate the official Sponsors of the UCL and UEL. If PES is allowed to do this why can't FIFA?

At the very least allow us the ability to edit the name of the champions cup! They have improved the presentation element slightly in FIFA 17 but the sight of champions cup adboards and pre match giant flags and entrance arch looks fake and seems disingenuous.

EA why not rename the competition UC League and have the adboards reflect that name? From a license point of view that doesn't infringe any rights as the UC could surely stand for anything?

Although the option to edit the name of the Champions Cup would be good, it wouldn't make any sense to do that if the ad boards in the stadium say 'Champions Cup'.

EA probably can't rename it 'UC League'. Although UC could stand for anything, in this instance it clearly would stand for 'UEFA Champions League'. Having ad boards that say UC League would look fake and seem disingenuous, as you put it.
  • Lonestarr022
    502 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I like to play the offline tournament mode, it'd be nice to have a generic ECC or EFA Cups like they did if you go all the way back 2003.