Is there anyway to actually fix or reduce input lag?

therealmerk33
1749 posts Play-Off Hero
edited May 2017
I've never had any issues with input lag til this weeks DKO, menus super laggy, first game I had this happen in I thought the game was hacked as my players had no power on passes, ran sluggish af, etc. Did a connection test on console and am indicating 108 Mbps down, 21.46 Mbps up, and 80 ms latency, reset router any way, cleared MAC address but still the same issues. Am I missing anything or am I basically ❤️❤️❤️❤️ outta luck? Just frustrating as I'm not great at the game but get Gold 1 and easily win these DKO in first try if not second with no problems but the servers are just beyond ridiculous.

Comments

• ThatOneGuy
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've never had any issues with input lag til this weeks DKO, menus super laggy, first game I had this happen in I thought the game was hacked as my players had no power on passes, ran sluggish af, etc. Did a connection test on console and am indicating 108 Mbps down, 21.46 Mbps up, and 80 ms latency, reset router any way, cleared MAC address but still the same issues. Am I missing anything or am I basically **** outta luck? Just frustrating as I'm not great at the game but get Gold 1 and easily win these DKO in first try if not second with no problems but the servers are just beyond ridiculous.

smaller screen to play on? like a gaming monitor? idk
  • KaterNL
    760 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2017
    I've never had any issues with input lag til this weeks DKO, menus super laggy, first game I had this happen in I thought the game was hacked as my players had no power on passes, ran sluggish af, etc. Did a connection test on console and am indicating 108 Mbps down, 21.46 Mbps up, and 80 ms latency, reset router any way, cleared MAC address but still the same issues. Am I missing anything or am I basically **** outta luck? Just frustrating as I'm not great at the game but get Gold 1 and easily win these DKO in first try if not second with no problems but the servers are just beyond ridiculous.

Yeah you're basically ❤️❤️❤️❤️ outta luck.

I have tried pretty much everything there is and still get it.

I just try to play when the servers aren't that busy
  • Silent Singer74
    713 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Played to qualify, game worked smooth enough and got to final and I've noticed this in almost every final I've played, the gameplay changes dramatically. It goes either into a slug fest or every player is on speed. No consistency. Lost the slug fest final, try again, game flows no problem. Wtf is going on? The game has been out 9 month and still we're getting these issues. Anyone from ea got any balls to come forward and either explain why it's happening or at least say we know of the issue, we're now looking to resolve it by fifa 18. Or are we gonna get, it's your connection. The fifa community aren't idiots. Don't try and treat us like one.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Buy yourself a netduma router. ;)

20170515_152640.jpg
  • therealmerk33
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    It seems to be the away games that are worse
    ThatOneGuy wrote: »

smaller screen to play on? like a gaming monitor? idk

Yeah I've heard people on here say a monitor makes such a huge difference but I don't play enough to justify me getting one. Its just hilarious how inconsistent though the game has been the last week for me, just had a flawless connection and won 7-1, honestly I starting to feel like the lag is what causes the sweat more than anything as in games recently where I have input lag or whatever I can't play my normal game it's almost as if you have to play the chips and hope to get thru to have any chances whatsoever
  • therealmerk33
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »

20170515_152640.jpg

That looks sick but to pay 200 bucks for a router just for fifa and still probly get booted haha
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »

20170515_152640.jpg

That looks sick but to pay 200 bucks for a router just for fifa and still probly get booted haha

You shouldn't get kicked from the servers with one of these routers mate. It has a built in custom Fifa profile, all, is extremely user friendly for people who're not tech savvy.
  • Falafelmonster
    5178 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2017
    Ethernet cable straight into the Xbox. Solved all lag, input delay, everything. If that's somewhat of an option for you, do it.
  • therealmerk33
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ethernet cable straight into the Xbox. Solved all lag, input delay, everything. If that's somewhat of an option for you, do it.

Always hardwired, directly into router/modem
  • Falafelmonster
    5178 posts Big Money Move

And you still have input delay? Wow that's astonishing. Literally have had zero lag since the day I plugged in my console.
  • therealmerk33
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero

And you still have input delay? Wow that's astonishing. Literally have had zero lag since the day I plugged in my console.

Just this week bro, really never had issues before, that's why I thought it was like a hacked game almost but it was several games lol, getting 100 down and like 20 up so it's not my internet haha
  • Ryan10g
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've always had mine plugged in, so idk but I feel it bad in seasons less in champs but still there
  • Tsunami85
    1517 posts Play-Off Hero

Just this week bro, really never had issues before, that's why I thought it was like a hacked game almost but it was several games lol, getting 100 down and like 20 up so it's not my internet haha

Have you uodated your routers firmware if there is any pending?
  • therealmerk33
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tsunami85 wrote: »

Have you uodated your routers firmware if there is any pending?

How do you do that?

Also somehow got 4 good connections in a row and won 7-1, 3-0, 3-1, 4-1 with the last getting SBC Suarez's 100th goal in 86' to tie the typical attribute carded bpl team that started time wasting in the 50' along with 3 more to go along in extra time, hopefully can get some server improvements for the bpl tourney if it's Moses or some other Chelsea player I'd actually care about getting
  • Tsunami85
    1517 posts Play-Off Hero
    On your pc or laptop. Type in your IP address. Log in to your router. Look for pending updates.
  • therealmerk33
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tsunami85 wrote: »
    On your pc or laptop. Type in your IP address. Log in to your router. Look for pending updates.

Thanks, I'll try that to see if i get any improvement otherwise, looks like I'm stuck to playing the game at 11 pm local time :confused:
  • Tsunami85
    1517 posts Play-Off Hero
    While you are logged in to your router, look for the UPnP feature and turn it off.