This TOTS tournament is unplayable

chosenone
2324 posts Fans' Favourite
I was looking forward to a TOTS tournament rather than an SBC but wishing it was an SBC now as this tournament is absolutely unplayable! The input delay recently hasn't been too bad but ever since TOTS came out, the WL was very difficult to get through and now this tournament is terrible, probably 20 times worse.

I mean it, I have zero control over what I'm doing in all 3 of the games I played so I'm not able to get that TOTS card and not going to try anymore either its not worth it. This effectively ends the game for me, no point of even trying to pack a TOTS if im not able to play with them anyway.

Anyone else feel like this is the worst the input delay has gone?

Comments

• Aspral
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    Agreed completely. I have 2-3 second delay of passing and switching in a lot of games.

I've been clean through on goal in a lot of the matches and my player just keeps running even though I've pressed shoot or a skill move.

I've been in the final 3 times playing through this tedious uncontrollable delay and lag.

Just hoping to get it done and switch FIFA off.
  • chosenone
    Aspral wrote: »
    Agreed completely. I have 2-3 second delay of passing and switching in a lot of games.

I've been clean through on goal in a lot of the matches and my player just keeps running even though I've pressed shoot or a skill move.

I've been in the final 3 times playing through this tedious uncontrollable delay and lag.

Just hoping to get it done and switch FIFA off.

I played 4 games last night won the 1st one, he quit at 1-0 and it was terrible for us both

The 2nd guy I played was beating me 5-0 before half time so I quit, his team was all silver and mine was 96 neymar sbc torres etc and then next game at 3-1 up I thought it was mine but I had no control and he made it 4-3. I stopped at that point and won't return, going to be strong. Ditching this piece of s*** once and for all.
  • CovLee_Candice
    5108 posts Big Money Move
    U all in asia?
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    Was fine for me the gameplay was good and won it first time with ease really expected it to be harder but it seems to be the same as usual even with a tots card as a reward.
  • bigpokey24
    6061 posts Big Money Move
    chosenone wrote: »
    I was looking forward to a TOTS tournament rather than an SBC but wishing it was an SBC now as this tournament is absolutely unplayable! The input delay recently hasn't been too bad but ever since TOTS came out, the WL was very difficult to get through and now this tournament is terrible, probably 20 times worse.

I mean it, I have zero control over what I'm doing in all 3 of the games I played so I'm not able to get that TOTS card and not going to try anymore either its not worth it. This effectively ends the game for me, no point of even trying to pack a TOTS if im not able to play with them anyway.

Anyone else feel like this is the worst the input delay has gone?

i played the first game , won it and i was like why waste my time over such delays, ended up not playing the remaining fixtures.. went back to seasons and friendlies
  • Bevan
    1753 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fine for me, 4 games, 4 wins, no lag.
  • Aspral
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    Finally won it.

The guy in the final put everyone back and refused to go into my half. He literally did nothing the entire game. Managed to score in the 88th min with Pogba. All done now.
  • chosenone
    U all in asia?

UK
    Was fine for me the gameplay was good and won it first time with ease really expected it to be harder but it seems to be the same as usual even with a tots card as a reward.

I don't understand why its fine for you and so crap for me. It literally was unplayable. And the guy that was winning 5-0 after 40 mins even messaged me saying he could tell how crap it was for me.

The guy I beat had his mic on and was moaning about the input delay.

Its just not worth it. No fun even if I won it as its not a game. its simulation.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    U all in asia?

UK

I don't understand why its fine for you and so crap for me. It literally was unplayable. And the guy that was winning 5-0 after 40 mins even messaged me saying he could tell how crap it was for me.

Its just not worth it. No fun even if I won it as its not a game. its simulation.

Yea there's weeks that it's horrible for me and good for others don't understand how it can be so different for people the game is the most corrupt there's ever been.
  • bigpokey24
    U all in asia?

UK

that is why i have concluded, it isn't a competitive game mode.. the input delay affects one party and never the other.. it kills any motivation to want to continue playing fut champs.. i just dont understand how all of a sudden this reared it's head into FUT.. not once have i ever noticed anything like input delay until FIFA 17

Can you imagine such in FIFA 18? I doubt i want to experience such..No one should go into a FIFA match up hoping hey will the connection be good or bad.. level the playing field for everyone..

When i play seasons or online friendlies, not once do i receive the input delays.. switch fut champs back to p2p.. dedicated servers have been a massive failure
  • nyisles8388
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    i played 4 last night. between 8-10 est. totally fine connection. lost in the semis vs a good player but then won quarter. should be able to get that RUDY tonight
  • Vezzo
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    I can't play it for two days now due to the lat and all that comes with it. On the other hand seasons are more or less ok.
  • chosenone
    i played 4 last night. between 8-10 est. totally fine connection. lost in the semis vs a good player but then won quarter. should be able to get that RUDY tonight

played it at the same time. 8-9 and it was shocking. The opponent could beat me playing with his feet.

Its definitely gone worse since TOTS was released. Friendlies is absolutely fine as @bigpokey24 mentioned. Its just this fut champions..

Really in my 21 years of playing fifa, I have never hated a game so much. In the past I've moaned due to lag in the odd few games or other issues but this one makes me want to snap the CD in half. This week was the last straw. I'm done with it.
  • bigpokey24

played it at the same time. 8-9 and it was shocking. The opponent could beat me playing with his feet.

Its definitely gone worse since TOTS was released. Friendlies is absolutely fine as @bigpokey24 mentioned. Its just this fut champions..

Really in my 21 years of playing fifa, I have never hated a game so much. In the past I've moaned due to lag in the odd few games or other issues but this one makes me want to snap the CD in half. This week was the last straw. I'm done with it.

I gave up on FUT champs... just playing friendlies now.. also seem to come up against some quality match ups as well...
  • Hugo_TT
    913 posts Professional
    Lol 100% agreed!!

Then, Ive played some FUT seasons matches. Felt like a new game
  • I do ok in fit cramps (FUT champs) usually getting Elite 1 or 2. But I have to agree that this tots tournament is awful.
    The gameplay is just so damn slow. Building an attack is just excruciatingly tedious. Players become completely oblivious to the ball, and pace seems to take a -20 hit.
    Went back into a few div 1 seasons matches, and absolutely fine.
    EA really have no excuse for these issues with the amount of revenue they collect.
    Trouble is, we keep giving it to them, so why would they care.
  • CtldChaos
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    bigpokey24 wrote: »

When i play seasons or online friendlies, not once do i receive the input delays.. switch fut champs back to p2p.. dedicated servers have been a massive failure

You say that now.... but you would be complaining just as much, if not harder, when you start reading about all of the router and network exploits that you can bring to the party to mess with your opponent.
  • bigpokey24
    CtldChaos wrote: »

You say that now.... but you would be complaining just as much, if not harder, when you start reading about all of the router and network exploits that you can bring to the party to mess with your opponent.

maybe you should experience input delays... input delays are the reason PTB is so effective
  • CtldChaos
    CtldChaos wrote: »

maybe you should experience input delays... input delays are the reason PTB is so effective

Ohhhh I do get the input delays big time. No doubt, frustrating as hell. But I can also get them against P2P opponents. The problem is not the fact that it is dedicated servers, the problem is that EA have implemented it poorly.
  • WTFsmirky08
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    It was easy, you can have my Rudy if you want
  • chosenone
    It was easy, you can have my Rudy if you want

I usually win them first time but it was especially bad on Monday. haven't touched since. WL was pretty bad too though not as bad as the qualifiers. some people just get lucky and don't get the delay.
  • Argentus
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Have you checked all wifi enabled devices? They may be hogging bandwidth. I always shut off all other apps before starting FIFA online and try to play during off peak hours. Only one game was laggy for me during my tourney run.
  • Avochad0
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    what tournament is this and why i dont see it??
  • CtldChaos
    Avochad0 wrote: »
    what tournament is this and why i dont see it??

This is the FUT Champions Daily Knockout Tournament they are referring to.
  • chosenone
    Argentus wrote: »
    Have you checked all wifi enabled devices? They may be hogging bandwidth. I always shut off all other apps before starting FIFA online and try to play during off peak hours. Only one game was laggy for me during my tourney run.

I was the only one in the house at the time so no phones or secret streamers, my phone was the only other device and it was not being used. Im in DMZ, receiving full data, no packet loss, ISP has even come over, checked everything and said its fine, it would be them considering all your devices are receiving the full speed and so is your ps4. He said if the ps4 is receiving the full speed but the game isn't, its the game servers letting you down, saying its probably their infrastructure not set up correctly or some ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like that.

I can play my mates fine, I played a foreign relative fine, I played H2H fine but this tournament is a farce
  • therealmerk33
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    struggled with it quite a bit earlier this week as well, luckily got four good games in a row around 10-11 pm local time for me to win it, frustrating as I have 100 down and 20 up internet on fiberoptics, and had never had any issues at all this game til this tournament, best of luck to all you running thru this
  • Grifan
    1865 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm just playing divisions the now and it's pretty much unplayable, I get a semi good game with 5 bars every like 5 games and I never reeli have connection problems
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm having the same, the game is just ignoring my inputs at times and defenders trying to tackle but missing when ai is in control.