How am I so bad at FUT Champs

AlexM1218
715 posts Semi-Pro
I usually get promoted from D3 quite easily, winning the title a lot of the time. When I'm in D2 I usually hold with the occasional relegation.

Most people say this is borderline gold quality in WL, but I can't even qualify. Tried to qualify for WL a lot at the start of the game, but gave up around December because I just couldn't qualify and have been playing seasons since.

Now that there is the TOTS player for winning DKO, I decided to give it a go and see if I could make it now. I expected it to be a grind, and may not end up even winning it. I can't win a game. I'm 0-9 now. Every game has been decided by 1 or 2 goals at most. Usually comes down to the final 20 minutes, but I can never close out a game/get that game tying or go ahead goal that I usually get.

Am I the only one who's game just doesn't translate to FUT Champs?

Comments

• MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    just try harder and git gud
  • RadioShaq
    15087 posts Moderator
    Well the reward is going to bring in better players.
  • Arron xox
    2975 posts National Call-Up
    I'm same I can stay in div 2 no problem then in future champs I'm scraping gold 3 silver 1
  • BcfcDale88
    3699 posts National Call-Up
    I'm in the same boat flucste from 2-3 and I can't even qualify now i used to be able to earlier on in the game with ease
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2017
    Imo Divisions is easier than fut champs. I usually win the D1 title easily with the occasional hold. But in fut champs i can never reach Elite ranks. After so many weeks of fut champs my best record is only 28 wins
  • Paawky
    2585 posts Fans' Favourite
    AlexM1218 wrote: »
    I usually get promoted from D3 quite easily, winning the title a lot of the time. When I'm in D2 I usually hold with the occasional relegation.

Most people say this is borderline gold quality in WL, but I can't even qualify. Tried to qualify for WL a lot at the start of the game, but gave up around December because I just couldn't qualify and have been playing seasons since.

Now that there is the TOTS player for winning DKO, I decided to give it a go and see if I could make it now. I expected it to be a grind, and may not end up even winning it. I can't win a game. I'm 0-9 now. Every game has been decided by 1 or 2 goals at most. Usually comes down to the final 20 minutes, but I can never close out a game/get that game tying or go ahead goal that I usually get.

I live in D1 and usually start weekend league like 1-5 and just quit for the weekend. I don't understand it.
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    its elite competition that's why. even harder then divisions.
  • C o b r a
    606 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This year is really hard, many fifa16 player that used to have85%+ win record now struggle to get gold1, my best so far is 30 win one week, havnt reached elite again no matter what, now wl is pretty pointless i just get 18w then im done, even when i sill have 13 to go
  • AlexM1218
    715 posts Semi-Pro
    Arron xox wrote: »
    I'm same I can stay in div 2 no problem then in future champs I'm scraping gold 3 silver 1
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat flucste from 2-3 and I can't even qualify now i used to be able to earlier on in the game with ease
    Paawky wrote: »

I live in D1 and usually start weekend league like 1-5 and just quit for the weekend. I don't understand it.

Exactly I usually can compete with 90% of people I play in seasons, but am not getting any luck in this
  • AlexM1218
    715 posts Semi-Pro
    C o b r a wrote: »
    This year is really hard, many fifa16 player that used to have85%+ win record now struggle to get gold1, my best so far is 30 win one week, havnt reached elite again no matter what, now wl is pretty pointless i just get 18w then im done, even when i sill have 13 to go

That's what I would aim for if I qualified lol. Everything after that is a waste of time unless you are very good
  • CtldChaos
    2059 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2017
    Gameplay is entirely different between the 2 because of the difference in connections. Seasons is P2P and WL is server based. Because of the different netcode on the compensation lag on the servers you will often feel "behind". This makes "High Pressure" teams stupidly OP, counterattacking teams you can handle, it is the "100 aggression + high pressure" that has their players sharing the shorts of your players. This also favors teams with a lot of agility, speed helps, but agility to dribble between the spectators (I mean defenders) pays big dividends.

For me POTM Lukaku in seasons is godly, averages 2 goals a game. In WL, he gets 2 goals in 40 games. Eriksen, Mane, Son, Hazard are the WL machines. BTW: I have literally gone from a WL game straight into a Season game with the same team just to make sure that it was not 100% me.
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    Play earlier in the day if you can. 12 - 5 BST before people start getting home from work / school / etc.

I play the odd game on my lunch break or on days off and the quality of opponents drops massively.

Give the qualifying tournament a go then.
  • PJazz
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    joe666 wrote: »

• Wonderfulwest
    4686 posts National Call-Up
    Divisions is a lot easier this year with the top teir players heels playing it
  • Ugri
    6630 posts Big Money Move
    CtldChaos wrote: »
    Gameplay is entirely different between the 2 because of the difference in connections. Seasons is P2P and WL is server based. Because of the different netcode on the compensation lag on the servers you will often feel "behind". This makes "High Pressure" teams stupidly OP, counterattacking teams you can handle, it is the "100 aggression + high pressure" that has their players sharing the shorts of your players. This also favors teams with a lot of agility, speed helps, but agility to dribble between the spectators (I mean defenders) pays big dividends.

For me POTM Lukaku in seasons is godly, averages 2 goals a game. In WL, he gets 2 goals in 40 games. Eriksen, Mane, Son, Hazard are the WL machines. BTW: I have literally gone from a WL game straight into a Season game with the same team just to make sure that it was not 100% me.

very well summarized!! I am also in div2, sometimes down to div3 but could only qualify 1x this year to WL. The High pressure agression games just kills me, I cannot play against it. Any tips how to deal with it?
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Ugri wrote: »
    CtldChaos wrote: »

very well summarized!! I am also in div2, sometimes down to div3 but could only qualify 1x this year to WL. The High pressure agression games just kills me, I cannot play against it. Any tips how to deal with it?

Shielding and smart passing.
  • Ugri
    edited May 2017

@AlexM1218 reading your story could just as well be mine....I qualified once in October and never since but have a great team but the high pressure kills me. My best in div 3 is 22 points 7-1-0, div 2 only 15 points.... @CtldChaos just made a perfect summary. My Baresi-Cannavro pair just stand there while in wl qualifications non if mane runs past everyone...
  • Philip1979
    917 posts Semi-Pro

Open to anyone who qualifies so if its so elite then why do so many qualify?

Maybe have a two tiered system?
  • Ugri
    Philip1979 wrote: »

Open to anyone who qualifies so if its so elite then why do so many qualify?

Maybe have a two tiered system?

Imo it also who you get matched up againt and when you try qualifying. I had so many relativaly easy wins until semis or finals and then match up against a red card team playing in 100% pressure....
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    You're stressing and you're just not good enough

Blaming pressure is just what happens when you play someone better than you. They know what you'll do and they're on you constantly. When you play terrible people they can't do that.
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    Get better, look at what your doing wrong. Don't set your expectations too high, don't set any really. Concentration is key really
  • Campino
    27123 posts Player of the Year
    Learn to abuse the mechanics and play like a tool. Do that and you will be fine

By the way at this point of FIFA it really isn't worth going into FUTChamps anyway
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    You're stressing and you're just not good enough

Blaming pressure is just what happens when you play someone better than you. They know what you'll do and they're on you constantly. When you play terrible people they can't do that.

This. It means you're playing too predictably.

• Dan2501
    1250 posts Professional
    It's a weird one. I can never seem to qualify, but the one time I did get through the DKO, I did pretty well in FUT Champs. Finished 14-8 with 4 losses on Pens, so it's not that I'm not good enough for FUT Champs, I just can't bloody qualify. Could have got to Gold 3 if I had time to finish my games and qualified that way, it's frustrating.
  • Ugri
    Dan2501 wrote: »
    It's a weird one. I can never seem to qualify, but the one time I did get through the DKO, I did pretty well in FUT Champs. Finished 14-8 with 4 losses on Pens, so it's not that I'm not good enough for FUT Champs, I just can't bloody qualify. Could have got to Gold 3 if I had time to finish my games and qualified that way, it's frustrating.

the only time i played i had 16wins so just missed out on auto qualification...I am that bad then?.....
  • Currieman
    4947 posts National Call-Up
    You need to get better defensively. Any player can score goals (unless you are playing amazing players who can defend) but the real skill of winning on 17 is defending well. As is the same IRL if you don't concede you won't lose.
  • Ugri
    Currieman wrote: »
    You need to get better defensively. Any player can score goals (unless you are playing amazing players who can defend) but the real skill of winning on 17 is defending well. As is the same IRL if you don't concede you won't lose.

True! Also ball possession is critical, if I can stay calm and possess the ball i mostly win unless i get an Op opponent. Hope next year it will be just that tad easier as may players miss out on the experience
  • Sandz
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Try Qualifying for Weeknd League on Thursday or the 2nd day of the DK. Normally all the good guys are qualified or won the tourney already.
  • Currieman
    4947 posts National Call-Up

True! Also ball possession is critical, if I can stay calm and possess the ball i mostly win unless i get an Op opponent. Hope next year it will be just that tad easier as may players miss out on the experience

Ball possession is the one thing I really need to improve on. I always try to get the ball to my opponent's goal as quick as possible and this results in me losing the ball. When I take the time to build up the play and get my players making decent runs, that is when I play well and score loads.
  • Ugri

Ball possession is the one thing I really need to improve on. I always try to get the ball to my opponent's goal as quick as possible and this results in me losing the ball. When I take the time to build up the play and get my players making decent runs, that is when I play well and score loads.

same here,couldnt have said it better! practice practice and keep calm (this is what i am telling myself). However im 40years old and not that good at games like the youngsters nowadays ;)