Advice anyone?

SH999
733 posts Semi-Pro
I typically only play offline, as I wasn't enjoying the high-pressure, slide tackle nonsense of FIFA 16. So, this weekend I decided to try online seasons for a change.

Typical result was 13 shots, 10 on target, no goals, 5 tackles, 60% possession for me, 4 shots, 2 on target, 1 or 2 goals, 25 tackles, 40% possession for my opponents.

So, what am I doing wrong???

Thanks in advance.

By the way, I'm using RB Ronaldo at ST with TOTS Bruma and Martins as wingers, TOTS Danilo P at CDM.

Comments

• cavo_900
    17 posts Ball Boy
    You didn't score.

You need to score to win games, thought we all knew that?
  • Campino
    26781 posts Player of the Year
    cavo_900 wrote: »
    You didn't score.

You need to score to win games, thought we all knew that?

Bellend
  • SH999
    733 posts Semi-Pro
    Wow. Thanks for the help. Now it all makes sense.
  • Yusuf11
    1817 posts Play-Off Hero
    Have you enough threat from midfield? They can be a useful distraction to make space for your forward line. Try the 4321 formation coz if you go past your defender you're most likely one on one with the keeper
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    You aren't doing anything wrong, that's how most games play out this year unfortunately.
  • SH999
    733 posts Semi-Pro
    @Yusuf11, @Michael LFC 96

Thanks to you both. I'll keep at it. At least I'm finding it more enjoyable than last year.
  • ha032742
    34895 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    I think there is a big difference between offline and online standard (duh) due to people exploiting the game mechanics etc. but the main thing is to be unpredictable in attack.
  • Philip1979
    917 posts Semi-Pro
    SH999 wrote: »
    Typical result was 13 shots, 10 on target, no goals, 5 tackles, 60% possession for me, 4 shots, 2 on target, 1 or 2 goals, 25 tackles, 40% possession for my opponents.

I have many games like this but then the next game or so roles reverse in my favour. Its just down to luck etc.