Just finished my worse weekend league so far

TheRealMadGamer
1920 posts Fans' Favourite
20 wins.. My lowest rank so far. It seems to have matched me vs exceptional players all day. This was not helped by my defence leaving huge gaps and the inability to use the right stick to select players. My team also felt like it was on an ice rink and was being pulled around the pitch by my opponent.

My tactics are

60 50
Og

Ff

C
And have worked fine for me all year. But if anyone can see anything wrong with this please let me know all advice welcome especially my fav.. Git gud.. Lol

In my final game my entire defence was shifting to one side and leaving a huge gap for him to score. In the end I just quit.

Is it my tactics? Or is it because of toty? Why would my team act like it's being pulled around? I guess the closest thing I could describe it to would be placing 2 negative magnets together.

Anyway I hope you all enjoyed reading about my pain this weekend. I probably deserve it tbh.

It's in the game..

Comments

• Keepthechange
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    How often do you use the second man press? the defence shifting to one side usually happens because of it.

Your tactics look fine, maybe reduce the pressure if you are unable to cope up with counters.
  • KetBreezy
    453 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Why don't you put practise on..:
    Getting Gud
  • iNero
    801 posts Semi-Pro
    KetBreezy wrote: »
    Why don't you put practise on..:
    Getting Gud

• TheRealMadGamer
    1920 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2017
    How often do you use the second man press? the defence shifting to one side usually happens because of it.

Your tactics look fine, maybe reduce the pressure if you are unable to cope up with counters.

Pretty much never. Especially in my own half. I did notice that my final opponent was from the USA tho.. I'm in England so no wonder it felt awful. Im quiting fut champs now. It will only get harder. Especially with tots and the tots daily knockout prizes. If I sold my entire club I'd have over 7 million. fut champs has served me well over the season but it's time to just play seasons and enjoy using the best players in the game.
  • mytommy
    23 posts Ball Boy

THIS! i conceeded wayyy too many goals because i use second man press and all my players shift to one side and leave the other unmarked. only use second man press when the ball is in centre of field or when you know you got players covering all around
  • IDARYL
    5777 posts Big Money Move
    Played for the first time in about 5 weeks was 12 -4 and couldn't stand any more of it. Player switching just doest work in it, it's a struggle to switch to the closest player. I think I'm fairly decent at defending and one game ended 7-6 totally unplayable
  • Layton8212
    1727 posts Play-Off Hero
    IDARYL wrote: »
    Played for the first time in about 5 weeks was 12 -4 and couldn't stand any more of it. Player switching just doest work in it, it's a struggle to switch to the closest player. I think I'm fairly decent at defending and one game ended 7-6 totally unplayable

Git gud