How to play vs possesion players?

TheRealMadGamer
1920 posts Fans' Favourite
edited May 2017
How do you get the ball off people who walk around with the ball, pass backwards? I really struggle vs these people. If I concede a goal I feel like I have to press. Which makes it even harder because they just pass around. What do people do vs this?

Edit: Just to add the people who play like this are more often than not fut founders-11 club est.

Any advice would be great yeah git gud. It's just a general question I want to know what other players do vs these people?

Comments

  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Dont commit too much, just wait for their mistake and counter attack. I dont mind if the opponent gets all the possession as long as im getting my shots off.
  • TheRealMadGamer
    1920 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kai9623 wrote: »
    Dont commit too much, just wait for their mistake and counter attack. I dont mind if the opponent gets all the possession as long as im getting my shots off.

    Next time I get matched vs one I will try counter from the drop down. itw crazy how the seem to be able to just walk around with the ball. They pass as little as possible to avoid interceptions and if the do pass it goes backwards lol. I'd be bored out of my mind if I played like that.
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    as long as they attack they will definitely lose the ball at some point so dont worry about it too much.. unless they just pass around the back then thats a different story
  • RadioShaq
    15973 posts Moderator
    You just have to go all out attack and team pressing and high pressure. Obviously that's only when someone holds it in the back.
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    Just sit back, cut the passing lanes and wait for them to make a mistake - then hit them on the counter. Don't put pressure or try to close down the opposition by dragging your players out of position otherwise you'll leave gaps.
  • Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    People who over-pass will end up with play committing forward into space.

    Be patient and intercept. Then you can counter into the space.
  • Logan9393
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Put the controller down and walk away. Approximately 0 pleasure playing against "possession players". Boring boring boring.
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Logan9393 wrote: »
    Put the controller down and walk away. Approximately 0 pleasure playing against "possession players". Boring boring boring.

    Probably no fun playing against your 4321 pace counter either?
  • Logan9393
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nana_bitty wrote: »
    Logan9393 wrote: »
    Put the controller down and walk away. Approximately 0 pleasure playing against "possession players". Boring boring boring.

    Probably no fun playing against your 4321 pace counter either?

    Definitely don't play counter - only noobs do that. I play quickly and press high.

    Average 34-38 wins but would probably hit top 100 more regularly if I did sit back.
  • TheRealMadGamer
    1920 posts Fans' Favourite
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    You just have to go all out attack and team pressing and high pressure. Obviously that's only when someone holds it in the back.

    This is what I tried vs the person who beat me before I posted. doesn't work vs very very good players. But it can work vs average people.
    edwinstree wrote: »
    Just sit back, cut the passing lanes and wait for them to make a mistake - then hit them on the counter. Don't put pressure or try to close down the opposition by dragging your players out of position otherwise you'll leave gaps.

    I will be trying this next time. I think trying to chase a good player with 7 years or more fut experience is bad idea. Cheers for the advice guys.
  • jhonps3
    1712 posts Fans' Favourite
    Park the bus and when he will lose the ball , counter attack!!!
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    Let the AI defend for you.
  • mihain247
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm a possession player. Mostly had 75% possession and dominated the match beating with 3-0.

    The guy went berserk and missiled my players only to foul me.

    I love possession play and I do not think you can actually counter it only if you get lucky with a trough pass and go ultra defensive
  • mihain247
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    Division 1 btw
  • gresh1978
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    mihain247 wrote: »
    I'm a possession player. Mostly had 75% possession and dominated the match beating with 3-0.

    The guy went berserk and missiled my players only to foul me.

    I love possession play and I do not think you can actually counter it only if you get lucky with a trough pass and go ultra defensive

    Any tips for a div 2 player trying to play a possession based game using 4411?
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    mihain247 wrote: »
    I'm a possession player. Mostly had 75% possession and dominated the match beating with 3-0.

    The guy went berserk and missiled my players only to foul me.

    I love possession play and I do not think you can actually counter it only if you get lucky with a trough pass and go ultra defensive


    Any more then 60% possession then you are more then likely time wasting. Played a kid earlier went 1 0 up in the 27th and passed it around the back and side to side all game. Pathetic really how can anyone enjoy that ?
  • mihain247
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sorry man but I am constantly attacking and recycling possession, also won Div 1 three times but lost interest after.

    I play 4-3-3 so cannot say too much about 4-4-1-1, just recycle possession, don't rush passes
  • gresh1978
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    mihain247 wrote: »
    Sorry man but I am constantly attacking and recycling possession, also won Div 1 three times but lost interest after.

    I play 4-3-3 so cannot say too much about 4-4-1-1, just recycle possession, don't rush passes

    Do you use the possesion tactic on the D-pad or do you use your own CTs?
  • nyisles8388
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    433(2) works best for my possesion game
  • Logan9393
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    mihain247 wrote: »
    I'm a possession player. Mostly had 75% possession and dominated the match beating with 3-0.

    The guy went berserk and missiled my players only to foul me.

    I love possession play and I do not think you can actually counter it only if you get lucky with a trough pass and go ultra defensive


    Any more then 60% possession then you are more then likely time wasting. Played a kid earlier went 1 0 up in the 27th and passed it around the back and side to side all game. Pathetic really how can anyone enjoy that ?

    Have to agree. Anything more than 60% and you must be boring your opponent off his trolley. No way should you be playing fifa like that mate.
  • KetBreezy
    453 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FUT Founders are great at ''possession' play.
  • mihain247
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    mihain247 wrote: »
    Sorry man but I am constantly attacking and recycling possession, also won Div 1 three times but lost interest after.

    I play 4-3-3 so cannot say too much about 4-4-1-1, just recycle possession, don't rush passes

    Do you use the possesion tactic on the D-pad or do you use your own CTs?
    Yes i use that tactic
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    I prefer possession but I'll admit it's ridiculously easy to pass the ball around like Barcelona.
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    Kai9623 wrote: »
    Dont commit too much, just wait for their mistake and counter attack. I dont mind if the opponent gets all the possession as long as im getting my shots off.

    This is good advice against most every opponent. I run into more trouble than normal when I over commit and get a player out of position regardless of my opponent's playing style.
  • Robmu22
    1418 posts Professional
    In about 200 games I've played about 2 people who play possession.

    The rest all play the fecking same, let the super ai defend with 8 players crammed in his box while he runs around like a looney smashing you from behind with his striker.
  • Khangaskhan17
    3953 posts National Call-Up
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    mihain247 wrote: »
    I'm a possession player. Mostly had 75% possession and dominated the match beating with 3-0.

    The guy went berserk and missiled my players only to foul me.

    I love possession play and I do not think you can actually counter it only if you get lucky with a trough pass and go ultra defensive

    Any tips for a div 2 player trying to play a possession based game using 4411?

    Use LB passes more sparingly. First touch into open space. Switch the pitch often. Constantly keep your triangles.
Sign In or Register to comment.