Lag Compensation

JonRambo
1103 posts Professional
edited May 2017
Well we are not allowed to use the M or S words, so what about lag compensation, is this in the game ?

Something happens to my games after im winning, all of a sudden i get this button delay (worse then it normally is) and my players become slow and cant turn and take 3 or 4 secs to let go of the ball and my opponent doesnt seem to be effected by it as hes doing his skill moves, tackles and drinbles with ease.

Does this happen to others or is this just me and my bad connection problems with this game ?

Comments

• MysticM
    1064 posts Professional
    Yes it happens, whatever it is, it comes and go
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    edited May 2017
    This happens to me all the time. My players are so slow it has to be seen to be believed. They have the turning circle of the queen Mary. 3 second pass delay. I feel trapped in a game where I cannot beat anyone for pace because my players are so slow. They don't even Make runs anyway. I cannot pass the ball about because of the delay. Every game is a massive unenjoyable struggle.

All the money EA are making from tots and they serve us up gameplay like this with massively inadequate servers. I for one will not be investing. What the hell is the point, there is no difference between a 10k striker and a 1 million striker with my terrible gameplay.
  • scirocco727
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This happens to me all the time. My players are so slow it has to be seen to be believed. They have the turning circle of the queen Mary. 3 second pass delay. I feel trapped in a game where I cannot beat anyone for pace because my players are so slow. They don't even Make runs anyway. I cannot pass the ball about because of the delay. Every game is a massive unenjoyable struggle.

All the money EA are making from tots and they serve us up gameplay like this with massively inadequate servers. I for one will not be investing. What the hell is the point, there is no difference between a 10k striker and a 1 million striker with my terrible gameplay.

This game is not worth to spend any extra money on it, just a trash. FUT 16 is far away better.
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    i think they use lag comp when measuring pings....thats not difficult between 2 players.

what we dont know is how they apply things in game.

i suspect lag comp could be used but its just as if not more likley they adjust player stats in game say when you go a goal up.

ea need to tell us what they do...if they are serious about esports etc.
    maybe those who spend more get preferential treatment?

time to be transparent ea to be taken seriously.
  • SanderFC
    3033 posts National Call-Up
    I only have it when someone in my house uses excessive internet (netflix, downloading etc). In seasons, both the person who has bad connection and the one with good connection feel the same lag. In WL (qualification), only that person that causes the lag will feel it in the form of lag compensation (where your game freezes shortly and then gets much faster before it becomes normal again).

The button delay without freezing only happened once to me in WL
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    i think they use lag comp when measuring pings....thats not difficult between 2 players.

what we dont know is how they apply things in game.

i suspect lag comp could be used but its just as if not more likley they adjust player stats in game say when you go a goal up.

ea need to tell us what they do...if they are serious about esports etc.
    maybe those who spend more get preferential treatment?

time to be transparent ea to be taken seriously.

Yeah they dont like us to use the S word or M word and keep telling us its not in the game, but instead of us guessing, maybe they should just tell us what they use, because we all know they use SOMETHING to even games out.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    There's 100% things in this game that aren't being made clear to us wish ea would just come out and be honest for once.
  • Mossup
    1189 posts Professional
    Going on how massively different gameplay is from match to match, something like this has to be in the game.
    Just wish EA would inform us of it.