We are aware of an issue with FUT Crashing for Virgin media users & we are working on this. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing. We have a thread discussing it here.

Loan-to-Buy....when do I buy?

Bonkertons
34 posts Last Pick at the Park
I'm playing as Reading and they aren't exactly financially stacked. Any big acquisition I've made to this point has been using loan-to-buy. Picked up Kelechi Iheanacho on a 2 year loan with the option to buy for $15M. I'm coming up to the mid-way point of his final year and he's already almost a 90OV, so his price has surely skyrocketed since the loan.

I've made a couple of transfers just so I could bank that $15M fee, but I just want to make sure that the option to buy will happen at the end of this season(his final season on loan), and not the start of the next season after his loan expires. If that's the case, my transfer budget will surely drop back down to almost nothing.

I'm pretty sure the email notification to buy(which is what I've heard happens; this is the first time I'm trying this) will come while he still here on loan, meaning this season. Just want to make sure I'm not saving my money for nothing.

...btw, anyone know how late in the season this email comes? Is it always different? Thanks.

Comments

• SciManG
    227 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good news is the option to buy is just before the loan ends i.e. June

Bad news is loan to buy is broken on 2 year and sometimes 1 year loans as the player never agrees to any contract offer you make.
  • Bonkertons
    lol that's terrible. I'm coming up on May of year 2 so I'll keep you posted. That would surely suck if I lose this guy after investing all this training time.
  • Bonkertons
    You were right. He doesn't want to "relocate". The bugs in this game really make me not want to play. I saved it about a month before negotiations started... is there any chance that if I keep trying I will eventually be able to sign him, or is this confirmed to never work?
  • SciManG
    227 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sorry to say I have never heard anyone say it worked
  • Bonkertons
    Yeah I tried it once more and gave up. I did have another player come up after a one year loan and was able to buy him without an issue. So weird.

Oh well. Started a new career with a team that has a bit more money. Done with the loans...at least the 2 year loans. Thanks for the heads up though.
  • SACanuckinOz
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just a tip about these types of scenarios. Players for the top leagues (PL, La liga, Calcio A, and Bundesliga) NEVER want to relocate UNLESS you through BIG BIG money at them.
    Not sure if it specifically applies to this scenario, but you can kind of understand why a promising player at Manchester City is reluctant to relocate to a small club in a lower league. there is some realism built in to the game. If you manage a club like say Chelsea or Arsenal, players like this jump at the opportunity