XBOX ONE ELITE PAD - IN FIFA TERMS - Explanations please?

YouWantUsFC
2752 posts Fans' Favourite
Gonna get the lad and me an elite controller, but what is the actual difference for Fifa?

I know they are worth picking up and looking after, because eventually they will sell for decent cash anyway, but what can I do with it that a regular controller can't with Fifa?

Anyone using one?

Genuinely like to read some views . . . . . . . .

Comments

• EddieFicio
    21014 posts Club Captain
    I think you can set up button combinations in the paddle so you can use one paddle to fake shot, another one for crab walk etc.

Not sure tho, i dont own one
  • Orison
    47098 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Pointless for Fifa imo.
  • YouWantUsFC
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    I think you can set up button combinations in the paddle so you can use one paddle to fake shot, another one for crab walk etc.

Yeah Im gonna have to go through youtube to get better ideas.
    Orison wrote: »
    Pointless for Fifa imo.

Thanks Orison - you know your stuff.
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    The grip on the back is good and the buttons are more responsive that's it,
    The controller is heavy which is a negative.
    In terms of fifa it makes no difference not worth the money.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17182 posts World Class
    I don't use any paddles or anything for Fifa
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    i use one paddle as RB so i can do drag backs and finesse shots really easy. i think it depends on how you hold a pad. because im oldskool i hold the triggers with my forefingers. that means i cant reach the bumpers without letting off the triggers. the paddles are brilliant for that.

lasted 3x longer than my normal pads.

i also use the trigger stop on the left trigger so it has a shorter travel.

you can map the sensitivity of the triggers and sticks as well.

comes in a lovely case with spare sticks and paddles.

10/10 would buy again.

• YouWantUsFC
    Recardo wrote: »
    i use one paddle as RB so i can do drag backs and finesse shots really easy. i think it depends on how you hold a pad. because im oldskool i hold the triggers with my forefingers. that means i cant reach the bumpers without letting off the triggers. the paddles are brilliant for that.

lasted 3x longer than my normal pads.

i also use the trigger stop on the left trigger so it has a shorter travel.

you can map the sensitivity of the triggers and sticks as well.

comes in a lovely case with spare sticks and paddles.

10/10 would buy again.

Thanks for this mate :)
  • Diggy
    13548 posts Has That Special Something
    EddieFicio wrote: »

This is not true would be to OP

I use 1 paddle for FIFA RB I tried a second LB but that confused my old mind so stick with one paddle
  • Claretnblue
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    Got one, would recommend however don't be fooled by thinking it is customisable because it is misleading. Underneath you have the four paddles which correspond to the four main buttons, therefore you have to remap the RB functions to something else. Feels solid and I like locking the triggers so there is not as much give on them. Also I am less likely to stamp on it in a rage due to its cost...
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have the lite and dont really use any of the extra features tbf... but let me know if you find any xtra use
  • RadioShaq
    14808 posts Moderator
    You can map the a b x and y buttons to paddles. That way your thumb never leaves the right stick. It helps do skills on offense and switching on defense. Plus all your paddles get pressed instant rather than buttons where it takes you time to move around.
  • YouWantUsFC
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    You can map the a b x and y buttons to paddles. That way your thumb never leaves the right stick. It helps do skills on offense and switching on defense. Plus all your paddles get pressed instant rather than buttons where it takes you time to move around.

This sounds like learning a skill all in itself, but one that could give both of us the upper hand when on the ball in game.
    This is exactly why I asked the question.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    Not worth it for FIFA really at all. It's a nicer feeling controller but that's up to you if that's worth paying for
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    The extra paddles didn't help me and just got in the way of how I gripped it

It does feel a lot nicer though. Got a decent weight to it.
  • Sercs
    18590 posts World Class
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    The extra paddles didn't help me and just got in the way of how I gripped it

It does feel a lot nicer though. Got a decent weight to it.

Basically this. Gave the paddles a go for FIFA but didn'tlike them, they are great on other games though and the grip is much better
  • Nathlee123
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    Definitely more beneficial for games such as siege, cod, battlefield basically shooters. Heavier which I like, better button response and grip. I remove my paddles on Fifa but I imagine they'd be handy.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5697 posts Big Money Move
    I have one but don't use the paddles for Fifa. There is no down sides to having one though. It's a more weighty pad because of the metal components it has, so it has a better feel than a standard pad. The sticks are easily changeable to suit you, I like to use really short ones on both for quickness.

I might put one or two paddles in and program them for a skill move and see how it gets on.
  • YouWantUsFC
    good responses guys! cheers.